The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Closed Thread

Old 27 May 2012, 11:24 AM   #181
chiko323
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP & Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryccf View Post
pawnshopkiller - does he trade under that name on the for sale page, or a different ID?
He sure does. He doesn't seem to care about his reputation here lol
Old 27 May 2012, 01:30 PM   #182
MP5
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaijin View Post
Which part if you don't mind me asking because I think Eddie's response was spot on correct and appropriate.
Steves post
Old 27 May 2012, 02:40 PM   #183
sherwin
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiko323 View Post
He sure does. He doesn't seem to care about his reputation here lol
why would someone in the pawnshop industry be interested in his rep here... when the watches can be sold thru his pawnshop at most likely a higher price.
Old 27 May 2012, 02:52 PM   #184
Baco Noir
"TRF" Member

Watch: this ya'll
I have dealt with pawnshopkiller before and he really is a good guy. I think from what I know of him that he is frustrated with the lynching Steve is receiving here. I can't say I agree with his defense of Steve, but I can respect him for defending someone he considers a friend. We should all be so lucky to have our friends risk their reputations in our defense.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
Current Collection: Rolex 116710BLNR & 216570 polar Explorer II; Omega Apollo 8 Speedmaster; Tudor BB Bronze Bucherer Blue Edition; Heuer Heritage Autavia; Nomos Club Sport Neomatik 42; Breitling Aerospace, Avenger Blackbird, & Superocean 44; Seiko Black Monster; Mickey Mouse Timex Electric; and dare I say it...an Apple Watch too
Old 27 May 2012, 02:54 PM   #185
MP5
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Thats one way to look at it, but I for one value the friends that like me enough to tell me when Im wrong.
Old 27 May 2012, 03:04 PM   #186
pawnshopkiller
Banned

Watch: 16618
I don't trade on the sale page. I posted a few watches a year ago or so but not since.

Gents everyone wants to jump on everyone for no reason. I don't put up with it. I will state my opinion and defend myself but only so much. I get no joy out of arguing with the dumb masses. I am actually a nice guy who loves watches just like most of you.

But you can hate me or dislike me or say what you will. At the end of the day it doesn't affect me like you would like it to.

I will still make many great face to face deals and enjoy great success and so will Steve.

Just a note. I see a 16800 on VRF dial archive with a matte dial and late 8 mil serial number in the dial archive.

Return to Index
16800--8.85mil SN, matte dial--posted by anteaterneoOctober 15 2011 at 10:19 AM
Curator (Login tomvox1)
VRF Dial Archive Curator
from IP address 96.232.167.143

Note: Late serial for matte Sub but with B&P with US green envelope two tags and two booklets. - K.S.

Respond to this message
Return to the Main Dial Page
Copyright Vintage Rolex Forum © 2002 - 2006
Old 27 May 2012, 03:05 PM   #187
dalip
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex PAM Omega
This is an Internet forum. What's typed here will remain here. There is no going back unles there are extenuating circumstances and admin remove it.

If sellers come on here and react emotionally then they will more than likely ruin their reputation. There is no upside.

Pawnshopkiller has belittled the forum.

Steve M has written a highly questionable reply.

If this isn't made right very soon then it's likely these things will stick.

Now maybe it doesn't matter that this "silly forum" as it's been called contains this negative information. But I'd say that was an ill advised course of action.

This is not a matter of interpretation of what authentic or original means.

TRF provides a fabulous platform for those wishing to conduct the business of buying and selling. To underestimate that or treat it with disdain as has been done here is just shameful IMO.

In the scheme of things I'd suggest that the sellers think very carefully right now. Consider what the repercussions are and if they don't matter then let this remain as it is.

However, if they do I'd strongly recommend being more forthcoming, clear and transparent removing all the emotional posting as well as what I can only define as utter nonsense.

I'd say you're incredibly fortunate the mod and admin staff haven't reacted themselves as of yet.

------------------------------------------------------------
"The liar's punishment is not in the least that he is not believed, but that he cannot believe anyone else." George Bernard Shaw
Old 27 May 2012, 03:05 PM   #188
Baco Noir
"TRF" Member

Watch: this ya'll
Quote:
Originally Posted by MP5 View Post
Thats one way to look at it, but I for one value the friends that like me enough to tell me when Im wrong.
And while I won't deal with Steve again due to my own bad experience, I will not assume his guilt/fault based on the info presented here. The truth usually falls somewhere between what each person is proclaiming.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
Current Collection: Rolex 116710BLNR & 216570 polar Explorer II; Omega Apollo 8 Speedmaster; Tudor BB Bronze Bucherer Blue Edition; Heuer Heritage Autavia; Nomos Club Sport Neomatik 42; Breitling Aerospace, Avenger Blackbird, & Superocean 44; Seiko Black Monster; Mickey Mouse Timex Electric; and dare I say it...an Apple Watch too
Old 27 May 2012, 03:22 PM   #189
pawnshopkiller
Banned

Watch: 16618
I use the forum for info and to talk with a few friends. Granted you are right I don't really think the forum is silly infact I do love it but I do find it very silly that trolls try and suggest this or that about reputations and future deals obviously trying to get under my skin when I don't even sell ANY OF MY watches on the forum.

THis shows how just because someone states their opinion here and it is not with the majority they are lynched.

Well, I would like to think that real and true opinions are wanted. Not just whatever the mod's or so called trusted sellers or even the majority of the members feel.

I did not make a mockery of this thread till the typical TRF negativity started to flow. You guys won't change and you shouldn't expect me to either. I will continue to post my honest opinion here. I will not make a mockery of a thread again and for this I apologize to the OP and also Steve (also mods). As for the rest of you Much love and I hope each of you finds your grail.
Old 27 May 2012, 03:30 PM   #190
sleddog
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

This thread is now complete.

I myself am left with a sour taste after Steve's reply, not to mention another display of poor judgement by a third party not even involved with this debacle!

A response by the forum will be discussed.....

TRF's "After Dark" Bar & Nightclub Patron-Founding Member..
Closed Thread