The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex Watch Reviews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28 August 2016, 12:14 PM   #1
Investr
Banned

Watch: Constantly changes
Review of my week old SS YMII 116680......

I'm doing this review because I feel there are many out there who are really on the fence about this watch, and I was able to make my decision to buy this watch by reading as much info and viewing pics on our beloved TRF. So, here goes....

First off, when I first saw this watch I thought how ridiculous it was to plaster YACHT-MASTER II right on the bezel. That was it for a couple of years even though I liked te 44mm bc I'm a fairly big/stocky guy (5'11/230 lbs). A few months back, I saw a guy wearing the TT version and was like WOW!! He was wearing a suit and I loved the wrist presence and the size of it (not too big and not too small). I went and tried on the TT and SS and immediately crossed off the TT but knew the SS was probably my next piece. I loved how the watch has some "swagger" to it. The watch pops, esp for a SS!! The bright blue bezel surrounding the crisp white dial and red second hand, etc all just works!!! I really want my watches to be able to be worn in dress and casual situations, and I LOVE this watch with dress clothes!! Also, I love it with short sleeves as well bc
Of its size. The others in my collection is the Daytona C white, BLNR, and a DJII smooth blue Romans. The BLNR is the only one I don't like with dress clothes but that's ok. The YMII is my favorite amongst these in a short sleeve situation esp in summer type clothing. It's the perfect Hamptons/vacation watch but it's way more than that. Anyhow, enough rambling- trust me it's a GREAT and very unique piece that will love esp if you are a "bigger guy" or if you like slightly larger watches. BUT, it's def not too big. Here are some of my favorite pics of this guy posted below. I hope this might help some of you.....
Investr is offline   Reply With Quote