The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 19 August 2022, 02:00 AM   #1
Mitauri
"TRF" Member

Another "How to get first Patek" 5205g post :)

Hello fellow collectors!

I have been a lurker for many years and have an entry level watch collection. I am now in the position to hunt down my first Patek.

I am totally aware of the market situation as I have been following watches, (especially Patek, VC, Lange and AP) since 2017. Although I do like the Aquanaut and Nautilus range, I am looking for a 5205g to start of the collection.

Taking into account Chrono24 and the grey market price this piece should be more realistic to receive. Sadly, I went to two ADs and both did not even want to put my name down for the watch despite having a 1 hour long conversation, exchaning phone numbers and talking about other hobbies too.

Both stated, there are huge waitlists and a piece like the 5205g is only for established Patek collectors.

My questions to the community are:

A) Are those ADs just not the right "fit" for me and should I try another AD?

or

B) Is the 5205g really super high in demand? (I know that any Patek is hard to get in general)

C) Which Patek can be seen as a realistic entry to the brand as I dont want to go grey.

Thanks everyone!

Btw. I am located in Switzerland
Mitauri is offline   Reply With Quote