The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watch Reviews (Non-Rolex)

Old 13 July 2010, 08:46 AM   #1
mjm800
"TRF" Member

Bremont ALT1-Z Review

I would like to give a review of my Bremont ALT1-Z I am not a watch expert just an aficionado learning as I go along. This is really just a fan review I am not much on the technical aspects of the watch…I just know it looks good.

I was drawn to this watch while watching Man vs. Wild. Bear Grylls normally wears a Breitling Emergency but on this day his watch was different. I really liked it and did some searching and discovered that others were asking about the watch as well. It turned out to be a Bremont ALT1-Z.

The watch itself a first felt large and heavy compared to my Rolex Explorer I.

Here are the basics:

The Bremont ALT1-Z, an aviator watch that can display the local time while also displaying Universal Time Coordinated (UTC), Greenwich Mean Time (GMT), or Zulu time (Z).

The 43 mm X 16 mm case is made of hardened stainless steel with a scratch resistant PVD case barrel.

It uses a Valjoux 7754 chronometer 25 jewel automatic movement.

The Bremont decorated skeletized rotor is visible through the display caseback.

It has an easy to read chronograph with three separate counters for 60 seconds, 30 minutes and 12 hours.

I wear this watch when I travel or hike I take it places I would not dare take my Explorer I or Sea-Dweller. Not that they cannot take it I just feel better knowing that they are safe at home. One feature I like on the Bremont is that the production number is inscribed on the back of the case. I have Z/0071 I emailed Bremont to inquire what all that means and they said that the Z is for the watch model (ALT1-Z) and that I have number 71 of the watches made for the year. I doubt it matters much but still, I like having one of the first 100 made.

Being able to see the movement is pretty sweet too!

The ALT1-Z comes with a leather strap and a nice interlocking brushed stainless steel clasp (it’s not going anywhere).

There is also an extra canvas strap that comes in handy when hiking if you do not want to get sweat and gunk on the leather strap. I found that changing the strap is more work than it’s worth and I have never used the canvas strap.

The crystal is domed this is a nice feature just another little thing that sets this watch a part from the others in my collection.

I hope this was helpful.

mjm800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2010, 02:47 AM   #2
Chrisxx

Great review and nice watch.
Thanks
Chris
Chrisxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2010, 05:14 AM   #3
jrpb
"TRF" Member

Watch: White Explorer II
hi mate, thanks for taking the time. The watch looks great and some really nice features, i have looked at a few and am very tempted to get one in the future.
Casio G-Shock MTG 910D
jrpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2010, 04:35 AM   #4
mjm800
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrpb View Post
i have looked at a few and am very tempted to get one in the future.
I hope you do the new models look great.
mjm800 is offline   Reply With Quote