The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watch Reviews (Non-Rolex)

Old 25 March 2021, 01:01 AM   #1
thesingularity7
"TRF" Member

Halios Seaforth Pastel Blue

The Halios Seaforth is one of the first ever micro-brand watches I came across, and I thought it was very well designed, and put it on my list of watches to look into. But like most of the uninitiated, I only learned about each Halios release after they were all sold out, and I felt disappointed and confused. I wasn't aware of the crazy demand, and I was oblivious to all the production constraints going on behind the scenes. The good news is that Jason at Halios seems to be getting this stuff under control, and the most recent Fairwind release appears to be going smoothly. I recently reviewed the grey Fairwind, and that made me get back into this brand.

But I've been revisiting some of their older designs, and the Seaforth remains a watch I'm still very much interested in. I love the design, and I particularly love this pastel blue dial. I began to annoy my friend Mike, who writes excellent watch reviews for The Time Bum and Watch Clicker, with a bunch of questions about his pastel blue Seaforth. In an attempt to shut me up, he kindly offered to let me borrow his Seaforth for a few days.

This is the Halios Seaforth III with a pastel blue dial, and no bezel. Halios Seaforth watches in general can be found on the secondary market from anywhere between $600 and $1300, depending on how popular the dial and bezel combo is.

Video Review - https://youtu.be/vmy9tlG4yv8

Written Review - https://www.beansandbezels.com/revie...h-pastel-blue/

thesingularity7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2021, 12:22 PM   #2
Jster
2024 Pledge Member

Very good review. I like it a lot. Well designed, proper size, and I like the no bezel look. The dial is beautiful. I prefer the Halios over the Rolex OP41 pale blue version.
Jster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2021, 03:27 PM   #3
BigAppleBill
"TRF" Member

I was very fortunate to find my pastel blue Halios Seaforth on WatchUSeek several months ago. At the time I was on the waiting list for the OP41 Turquoise.

Apparently Jason Lim at Halios was way ahead of his time when he created this dial color in 2017. I immediately purchased it from the original owner and canceled my order for the OP41.

As you can see, this one is the no-date version, which makes it even more similar to the OP. Such a great watch! The original owner sold it with an extra Ginault bracelet, which I installed soon after I received the watch. It looks so much like an oyster bracelet that when I wore it to visit a local Rolex AD, the sales associate complimented me on my “OP41”.

The ETA 2824 movement keeps excellent time and I just really enjoy wearing this watch!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 1C1F9C86-62E7-4C3C-9169-E10315EBDDAE.jpeg (212.7 KB, 198 views)
File Type: jpeg 3B160483-3746-4284-B5F2-B793A180BBF0.jpeg (210.9 KB, 194 views)
File Type: jpeg 2605C5A7-ADF6-436A-8DCF-5DBB7E3E56CE.jpeg (145.2 KB, 198 views)
BigAppleBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 November 2021, 01:31 PM   #4
ILuvSubs
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAppleBill View Post
I was very fortunate to find my pastel blue Halios Seaforth on WatchUSeek several months ago. At the time I was on the waiting list for the OP41 Turquoise.

Apparently Jason Lim at Halios was way ahead of his time when he created this dial color in 2017. I immediately purchased it from the original owner and canceled my order for the OP41.

As you can see, this one is the no-date version, which makes it even more similar to the OP. Such a great watch! The original owner sold it with an extra Ginault bracelet, which I installed soon after I received the watch. It looks so much like an oyster bracelet that when I wore it to visit a local Rolex AD, the sales associate complimented me on my “OP41”.

The ETA 2824 movement keeps excellent time and I just really enjoy wearing this watch!
I managed to snag one of these off eBay. Can't wait for it to arrive.

The one I bought has the 12 hour steel bezel. I like the fact it looks more more sporty than the OP and also much cheaper!

What's the Ginault bracelet like?

Tags
halios , pastel blue , rolex tiffany , seaforth , watch