The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 11 October 2021, 04:47 PM   #1
agent_orange
"TRF" Member

Rolex Replacement Bracelet

Hello,

I understand that today, customers can buy new replacement bracelets from Rolex AD's.
Question:
Will these bracelet have the "S" (Service) engraved on them ?
agent_orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 October 2021, 03:03 AM   #2
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Watch: GMT's
Rolex has not stamped either the crystal or the bracelet with an S in several years.

Of course, with their new policy of selling bracelets, who knows where this will go.
Old 16 October 2021, 01:03 AM   #3
Oryz
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tools View Post
Of course, with their new policy of selling bracelets, who knows where this will go.
Larry, would you mind sharing what is new about their bracelet sales policy? I don't think I'd heard anything about a policy change - if anything I'd heard many ADs are hesitant to help order bracelets.
Oryz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2021, 01:14 AM   #4
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Watch: GMT's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oryz View Post
Larry, would you mind sharing what is new about their bracelet sales policy? I don't think I'd heard anything about a policy change - if anything I'd heard many ADs are hesitant to help order bracelets.
Rolex has recently come out and stated that they would sell, separately, either the Jubilee or the Oyster bracelets for the new GMT's.

This is in line with their early history with this model, where customers had bracelet options. They have not had this option since the ceramic version was first introduced.

They have always sold replacement bracelets, usually on an exchange basis, but generally like-for-like.

Dealers are not always on top of Rolex policy and are afraid of selling any parts or accessories without specific guidance.
Old 17 October 2021, 12:09 AM   #5
SwissmadeTexan
"TRF" Member

Watch: SUB LV-C/Pepsi C
Rolex Replacement Bracelet

2 Ads in my area told me it’s impossible. They will not sell me an oyster bracelet for my Pepsi. They both thought they could do it until they reached out to Rolex parts.

They did say they can still do swaps for new bracelet. Jubilee for jubilee if for example your jubilee is messed up and you’d like new. But it’s purchase+swap so really awful policy. But yeah I couldn’t purchase an Oyster for my Pepsi even though I heard there policy was changing to allow for bracelet sales as well.
Old 24 December 2021, 02:46 AM   #6
smarley
"TRF" Member

We just received my wife’s 16610 back from Rolex Dallas and we asked that they replace the band. The clasp now appears to be milled/machined instead of stamped and there is an “S” stamped on the unbrushed stainless diver’s extension. Not really happy with the band or Rolex Dallas, as the watch stopped dead after one day of use. Back it goes to RD!
smarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 December 2021, 10:44 AM   #7
freefly
"TRF" Member

Watch: 4&5-digit Sub/GMTs
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarley View Post
We just received my wife’s 16610 back from Rolex Dallas and we asked that they replace the band. The clasp now appears to be milled/machined instead of stamped and there is an “S” stamped on the unbrushed stainless diver’s extension.
The "S" on the diver's extension stands for "short" (two sizes available). Service bracelets had an additional "S" stamped on the inner clasp blade, usually next to the date code.
freefly is offline   Reply With Quote