The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 14 January 2022, 02:46 AM   #61
ts3
"TRF" Member

Back to your question OP, nothing wrong with getting a beater no matter what other watches you own. Whenever I don't want to worry about my watch at all and it can get banged up easily I will wear my IWC Mark XV. It got mangled once in a climbing mishap and I would have certainly been crying had I worn a Patek or sth on that trip. Less worried about muggings or burglaries myself. You might be able to snatch one at the upper end of your budget.
ts3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2022, 02:54 AM   #62
Theothergreg
"TRF" Member

Watch: this and that
I won't comment on how safe the OP should feel while traveling since that is such a personal thing (particularly when family is involved). I do support any excuse to buy another watch, however.

I have a Grand Seiko GMT that I use for travel. Not inexpensive, but allows me to wear a very fine timepiece that is generally very much under the radar.
Theothergreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2022, 03:18 AM   #63
samuel019
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Me go broke!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wcdhtwn View Post
Thanks!

Not wearing it again is a consideration. But my work environment is more suited to a smart watch, or something that's not clearly an expensive luxury watch. So I think I'll wear it a good deal, and maybe more than my expensive watches, when I return.

Another thought is just wear my Apple Watch, which I wear to work. But I have the cellular version and don't want it to connect to cellular in London as that'll result in massive data charges. Worrying about it being on airplane mode doesn't sound like how I want to spend time in London. I need to look into this more and may end up the best possible option.
Yeah sounds like a lot to think about. As I stated earlier I'm probably just gonna wear my 216570 and let the good times roll Granted leaving behind the 126715/326935 will be tough but I definitely wanna wear wear a GMT of some sort.

I see from your avatar section you list a GMT. I'm guessing its a BLNR/BLRO?
Old 14 January 2022, 06:08 AM   #64
Wcdhtwn
"TRF" Member

Watch: SkyD, SD43, GMT2
Quote:
Originally Posted by samuel019 View Post
Yeah sounds like a lot to think about. As I stated earlier I'm probably just gonna wear my 216570 and let the good times roll Granted leaving behind the 126715/326935 will be tough but I definitely wanna wear wear a GMT of some sort.

I see from your avatar section you list a GMT. I'm guessing its a BLNR/BLRO?
I have an LN, bought it in 2015 on a visit to Turks and Caicos. They had a BLNR I considered as well, but in the end preferred the look of the all black bezel matched to the PCL's.

Have fun in Paris. We only have a week for the vacation and considered half the time in London and half in Paris. But decided we wouldn't really get to see much of either so it's London this summer, Paris next. I've been to Paris and really enjoyed it. Having lived in Boston and spent a lot of time in NY, London in many ways feels like the perfect combination of the two cities. With funny looking money and people driving on the wrong side of the road.

Paris really feels to me like I'm visiting a foreign country, with a distinct culture not really found anywhere else. Maybe the language has a lot to do with it, though I can speak passable French - I never felt like I was unable to communicate with people. Not like when I was in Shanghai... that's another story.

They are both great places and looking forward to visiting them.
Wcdhtwn is offline   Reply With Quote