The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 14 January 2022, 11:56 PM   #1
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
Green Birch Rumor and Photo

Grabbed this off another forum. Not sure if real or a photoshop, but it does sure LOOK legit. SLGA011 is the model number. Slightly different pattern from the white birch. Heard it called the Green Oak as well. All I know is this looks fantastic. Maybe we will see this released soon.

samson66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2022, 03:51 AM   #2
Locust
"TRF" Member

Watch: All
That pic has been floating around for 4-5 months now. Think it’ll look awesome. I’m sure there’s some tree nature thing GS cooked up to describe it
Locust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2022, 05:31 AM   #3
edo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by samson66 View Post
Grabbed this off another forum. Not sure if real or a photoshop, but it does sure LOOK legit. SLGA011 is the model number. Slightly different pattern from the white birch. Heard it called the Green Oak as well. All I know is this looks fantastic. Maybe we will see this released soon.

Don't know if they will release it but this is photoshop from the Spring Drive SLGA009 or White Birch 2. Not different but the very same pattern of the dial from 009 official press release pic photoshoped in green.
edo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2022, 05:48 AM   #4
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
Quote:
Originally Posted by edo View Post
Don't know if they will release it but this is photoshop from the Spring Drive SLGA009 or White Birch 2. Not different but the very same pattern of the dial from 009 official press release pic photoshoped in green.
Ahh ok. Yeah I see the pattern matches. I prefer this over the SLGA009 so hopefully they do wind up releasing it at some point
samson66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2022, 06:02 AM   #5
bibbi
"TRF" Member

Quote:

This photo being a photoshop would be more than weird and unlikely since this photo was revealed a couple of months ago. Loooong before SLGA009 was released (which, BTW, was a total surprise with no earlier leaks).
bibbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2022, 06:37 AM   #6
edo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibbi View Post
This photo being a photoshop would be more than weird and unlikely since this photo was revealed a couple of months ago. Loooong before SLGA009 was released (which, BTW, was a total surprise with no earlier leaks).
At the end of the day majority of the PR pics of all GS models are 3D renders and heavy modified pictures. Maybe someone had the official pic of 009 and modified it to the green dial. The second hand is poorly done, they had clear problems in cutting the shadow parts of the scale at 8 and 9, and even the size of second hand isn't right. The pattern of the dial is identical to 009. Not saying that they will not released it but this is not the official pic/render at all... or GS PR quality control is waaaay bellow QC of the actual watches :)
edo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2022, 07:13 AM   #7
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

This dial is inspired by the mold seen growing on uneaten nikuman that have been discarded by Lake Suwa.

Jk. I doubt it will happen as well, but it would be an awesome release if they do it.

instagram.com/ct_watch_guy
_speedmaster_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2022, 09:13 AM   #8
JR16
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by _speedmaster_ View Post
This dial is inspired by the mold seen growing on uneaten nikuman that have been discarded by Lake Suwa.

Jk. I doubt it will happen as well, but it would be an awesome release if they do it.

Yes I’ve heard this as well, but personally would prefer a dial made of real mold so that it patinas or ages over time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
JR16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2022, 02:05 PM   #9
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

I’m sure this is on the list of eventual products that is certain. Probably after some similar ltd model
ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2022, 02:21 PM   #10
Andad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
So many models, so little time.

GS.

Have they more models than Panerai yet?

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2022, 02:57 PM   #11
Moondoggy
"TRF" Member

Watch: and wait
Whatever it looks great.
Moondoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2022, 03:02 PM   #12
sensui
2024 Pledge Member

Shame they still have that power reserve line on the dial. Damn shame on such a killer watch.
sensui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2022, 11:55 PM   #13
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Cool watch. We will see.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2022, 04:22 AM   #14
asiparks
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing the Detectives
Quote:
At the end of the day majority of the PR pics of all GS models are 3D renders and heavy modified pictures. Maybe someone had the official pic of 009 and modified it to the green dial. The second hand is poorly done, they had clear problems in cutting the shadow parts of the scale at 8 and 9, and even the size of second hand isn't right. The pattern of the dial is identical to 009. Not saying that they will not released it but this is not the official pic/render at all... or GS PR quality control is waaaay bellow QC of the actual watches :)
Seiko's finished renders are created with Substance, not photoshop- each element is individual and can easily be recolored/retextured- there's no need to mask or cut around other elements as you would with a single layer PS file.

So you'd be right- if it looks like a bad PS, then it didn't come from Seiko.