The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 15 January 2022, 02:33 PM   #1
stockae92
"TRF" Member

JLC Reverso sizes?

I am still confused about JLC Reverso sizes. They seem to come in a few sizes. So whats the lady sizing? Medium? Large?
stockae92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2022, 04:03 AM   #2
SaintMickey
Banned

Well...I'll tell you my experience just 7 days ago! I ordered a JLC Reverso from the their online Boutique.

Got it in and it was all I remembered...I ordered a Medium for my 7.5" wrist because the SA said that its what "everyone with less than a 8" wrist gets".

In the hand and close up everything was great. BUT when I saw it on my wrist (last photo) it was a no-go for me. I literally packed it up within 45 minutes and shipped it back to JLC.

Now some may say I'm crazy and its "supposed" to be small but if I don't like it on the wrist it doesn't matter what others say. I'm getting smarter with age!

I went to my AD and tried on a Large but it was "too large" on my wrist...just too rectangular looking for me on the wrist. Not sure if any of this will help you but that's my experience. I'm just not a candidate for a JLC Reverso.

Final note...it was devastating b/c I got it for $6500 (Jan 1 price $7,100) b/c JLC sold me one before Christmas and I paid them for it but 3 days later they told me it was allocated or "sold" to someone else "somehow". I was pretty annoyed. So when I called my online boutique Sales Associate they honored the previous price AND still honored the offer of a FREE second strap (I got the blue croc).

SaintMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2022, 05:52 AM   #3
AJMarcus
"TRF" Member

Watch: Swiss
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintMickey View Post
Well...I'll tell you my experience just 7 days ago! I ordered a JLC Reverso from the their online Boutique.

Got it in and it was all I remembered...I ordered a Medium for my 7.5" wrist because the SA said that its what "everyone with less than a 8" wrist gets".

In the hand and close up everything was great. BUT when I saw it on my wrist (last photo) it was a no-go for me. I literally packed it up within 45 minutes and shipped it back to JLC.

Now some may say I'm crazy and its "supposed" to be small but if I don't like it on the wrist it doesn't matter what others say. I'm getting smarter with age!

I went to my AD and tried on a Large but it was "too large" on my wrist...just too rectangular looking for me on the wrist. Not sure if any of this will help you but that's my experience. I'm just not a candidate for a JLC Reverso.

Final note...it was devastating b/c I got it for $6500 (Jan 1 price $7,100) b/c JLC sold me one before Christmas and I paid them for it but 3 days later they told me it was allocated or "sold" to someone else "somehow". I was pretty annoyed. So when I called my online boutique Sales Associate they honored the previous price AND still honored the offer of a FREE second strap (I got the blue croc).

Shame. Looks like a perfect fit on you.
AJMarcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2022, 06:01 AM   #4
SaintMickey
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJMarcus View Post
Shame. Looks like a perfect fit on you.
I appreciate the encouragement but...that last photo/wrist shot doesn't look good to me.
SaintMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2022, 08:40 AM   #5
TheMuffinator
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintMickey View Post
I appreciate the encouragement but...that last photo/wrist shot doesn't look good to me.
I personally agree. I think it looks pretty small in that last photo. Hopefully you can find the watch that you really enjoy.
TheMuffinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2022, 06:32 PM   #6
rootbeer7
"TRF" Member

Interesting post. I’ve always liked the look of a rectangular watch, both JLC & Cartier, but size does matter! I’ve always struggled with the width, many of which feel just too small, whilst on paper the length of the case is perfect. I have a Franck Muller 6850 tonneau in size 34x47 which is just about perfect. The 5850 is 32mm and that 2mm drop just feels too small.
Old 16 May 2022, 10:47 AM   #7
GST15
"TRF" Member

Watch: CHNR/YM/DJ/OP/SUB
IMHO it looks perfect on you, but only you can decide
GST15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2022, 07:12 PM   #8
taura
"TRF" Member

I fully agree on the advice to try it out instead of buying blind. Most people seem to recommend medium size for men, AND it looks good in their photos. However even for my sub-7 inch wrist it was really small (my wrists are relatively wide, which affects how the watch sits). Like a very classical dress watch. In yellow gold maybe that’d be good, but like SaintMickey above, I just found it too small. I got to try the large one later and it felt perfect.

Edit: just a note that I’m not the “bro” who thinks 44mm looks just great on their small wrist. Datejust 36 is fine for me. The large Reverso does look larger than that, though.
taura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2022, 09:39 AM   #9
Krash
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sub, DJ41, GMT
It seems as if the Reverso either looks too big or too small on all the wrist shots you see on this forum. I tried on a Reverso last year, and decided it wasn’t for me. Plus, the strap that came with it was already malformed by the buckle. They said they didn’t have a replacement for it, so that sealed the deal right there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Krash is offline   Reply With Quote