The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 13 November 2021, 11:14 PM   #31
RLROCK
"TRF" Member

Watch: Depends on my mood
So I almost pulled the trigger but didn't on the 39.5mm blue SeaQ. I have a 19mm wrist and was afraid that it might be too small given that I own a Hulk, a 42mm Submersible, and a 41mm Omega Seamaster Master Coaxial.

I'm afraid that the 43.2mm will be too big given that I didn't like the 44mm Panerai Submersible I traded in for the 42mm.
Old 14 November 2021, 06:02 AM   #32
mbalmz
2024 Pledge Member

just picked this up!

I actually wasn’t such a fan of the GO bracelet but I looove this watch. awesome on both this fabric strap and the rubber (and they threw in the latter for me so I’ll be switching it up often I’m sure!)

To answer the op’s question—I don’t think it would be at all crazy to go this route over a rolex.

___

instagram: @brooklynwatchguy
mbalmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 November 2021, 10:51 PM   #33
tymonster
"TRF" Member

Go for it. I also have a SD4K which I wore daily until the GO and was lucky enough to pick up a BLRO in July a few weeks after getting the SeaQ. Both Rolex are great watches in their own right. But after wearing them and putting the GO back on it’s immediately noticeable the time and effort put into making the GO. Like others have said they aren’t in the same league.

SeaQ has been my daily going on 5 months. It’s a piece I will never get rid of. Wears like a 5 digit Sub or BB58 (both of which I’ve had previously) just heavier, and their micro adjustment clasp trumps Glide-lock IMO. The blue 39.5 is built like a tank but also has some elegance and character to it. I do wish the bracelet tapered a bit but otherwise it’s perfection. Extremely accurate as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tymonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 November 2021, 11:03 AM   #34
squall1
"TRF" Member

Put an aftermarket fabric strap on, really liking this combo...

[IMG][/IMG]
squall1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2022, 10:47 AM   #35
eagle_lex
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP and Rolex
I have enjoyed this thread. If I can help the OP I will say I have or still do own most the rolex sports line of watches over the last 20 years. I have owned AP, Panerai, and Omega as well. Watches have gotten crazy lately and at times that discourages me. The only sports watch I thought Id like to own at one time (before the price and supply issues) was a Vacheron.

When I wear my Blancpain FF or my blue Pano SeaQ I dont miss anything I have sold. They are simply much nicer than anything I have been blessed enough to have had.

Rolex is outstanding. If you want one.. then nothing else to will do until you get it. But Glashutte is really a different league.
eagle_lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2022, 10:56 PM   #36
corky
"TRF" Member

Does anyone know who makes the fabric strap for the seaq.?
corky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2022, 03:31 PM   #37
Megalobyte
"TRF" Member

Watch: ...me go broke
The Seaq panorama date is a super well made diver with quasi-high horology movement design and finishing. It’s pretty different from a Sub. Bigger, heavier, more sporty and less elegant. But in my experience, just as accurate and maybe built a bit stronger. Each watch undergoes a pretty grueling series of tests before it leaves the factory. It’s a legit, pretty hard core diver despite its several nods to high horology.

The bracelet is decent. Not Rolex level. The clasp is excellent with its clever German micro adjust. The 100 hour PR and silicon hairspring are nice to have, and the blue lume and dial quality are top notch. A 5 year warranty would be nice though.

Ironically its retail price is much higher than a sub date. Yet, in the secondary market it sells for less than half what a sub date does. It’s hard to imagine a better overall diver for 8-9k.
Megalobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2022, 11:52 AM   #38
GreatScott
"TRF" Member

One person said lume is great, one said it sucks. Which is it?
GreatScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2022, 12:00 AM   #39
DVR
"TRF" Member

Watch: Diver watches
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatScott View Post
One person said lume is great, one said it sucks. Which is it?
As an owner of many dive watches for over +30 years I can attest to the fantastic lume on this watch.

More important still, is that the hands are easily distinguishable even when the lume is low(er).

I sleep with my watch and do not have any electronic or other devices in the bedroom to tell time. I purely rely on the watch I am wearing.
This watch is my preferred 'night watch' by far.
When I first got it I 'charged' it like I used to do with my 116610 but now I don't bother anymore. The watch lasts with plenty of lume without it.

Old 21 January 2022, 12:51 AM   #40
GreatScott
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVR View Post
As an owner of many dive watches for over +30 years I can attest to the fantastic lume on this watch.

More important still, is that the hands are easily distinguishable even when the lume is low(er).

I sleep with my watch and do not have any electronic or other devices in the bedroom to tell time. I purely rely on the watch I am wearing.
This watch is my preferred 'night watch' by far.
When I first got it I 'charged' it like I used to do with my 116610 but now I don't bother anymore. The watch lasts with plenty of lume without it.

Thank you, that was my hope!
Old 21 January 2022, 01:08 AM   #41
Toproll85
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megalobyte View Post
The Seaq panorama date is a super well made diver with quasi-high horology movement design and finishing. It’s pretty different from a Sub. Bigger, heavier, more sporty and less elegant. But in my experience, just as accurate and maybe built a bit stronger. Each watch undergoes a pretty grueling series of tests before it leaves the factory. It’s a legit, pretty hard core diver despite its several nods to high horology.

The bracelet is decent. Not Rolex level. The clasp is excellent with its clever German micro adjust. The 100 hour PR and silicon hairspring are nice to have, and the blue lume and dial quality are top notch. A 5 year warranty would be nice though.

Ironically its retail price is much higher than a sub date. Yet, in the secondary market it sells for less than half what a sub date does. It’s hard to imagine a better overall diver for 8-9k.
Agree on everything, it is well summarized.

It must be added, these days, that it is available!

Just dwell on the manufacture, the "all done in-house" and the details and finishes. It is clearly and truly above Rolex and brands of the same range !

For me it is undervalued. We can see the advantage that it is for connoisseurs and under the radar. Never mind, just enjoy.
I'm going to take the leap this year.

Grönefeld 1941 RCF ¦ H. Moser Heritage Dual Time ¦ JLC Q1308470 ¦ L&S 1815 Up/Down ¦ L&S Zeitwerk Date ¦ UN Freak X carbonium
Toproll85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2022, 07:43 AM   #42
Megalobyte
"TRF" Member

Watch: ...me go broke
Glashutte SeaQ Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toproll85 View Post
Agree on everything, it is well summarized.

It must be added, these days, that it is available!

Just dwell on the manufacture, the "all done in-house" and the details and finishes. It is clearly and truly above Rolex and brands of the same range !

For me it is undervalued. We can see the advantage that it is for connoisseurs and under the radar. Never mind, just enjoy.
I'm going to take the leap this year.

I’m pretty picky and the SEAQ is hard to find fault with. If I’m nitpicking, many of them have bezels that are a hair off, generally to the right of 12 o’clock. Mine is perfect. But I’ve owned one before that was off, and a fair number I’ve seen are similarly off in pics online. Weird. Then again, the BP fifty fathoms often has slight bezel misalignment too. And at a much higher retail. So if you’re ocd, just ensure the bezel arrow is perfectly aligned before you buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Megalobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2022, 08:14 AM   #43
DVR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
But I’ve owned one before that was off, and a fair number I’ve seen are similarly off in pics online.
Care to share a picture of that misaligned bezel?

Never seen one so far. My first dive watch (a 1992 Sub) was slightly off so I always pay attention they are perfect.
Old 21 January 2022, 08:36 AM   #44
PhilLynott
"TRF" Member

Watch: Breguet marine
My bezel is thankfully perfectly aligned as well since that would bug me. With my experience with GO a misaligned bezel is about the last thing I'd ever expect from them but anythings possible.
Breguet 7067 Tradition, Breguet Marine 5817 SS Blue, Black and Silver Dials and RG Black Dial, Omega NTTD Seamaster, Glashutte Original SeaQ Blue, Glashutte Original PML, Chopard Alpine Eagle, Parmigiani Tonda 1950, JLC Master Control Calendar Chronograph.
PhilLynott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2022, 09:21 AM   #45
Craigdwh
"TRF" Member

Watch: Breguet Type XXI
Claiming many bezels are "just" off center by many pictures is a hard claim to justify.

If the angle of the picture is not dead center, the bezel will always look misaligned.

"Where's the nearest bridge"?
Craigdwh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2022, 11:32 AM   #46
GreatScott
"TRF" Member

Do you all know what the hairspring material is on the 39mm? I only see silicon on the larger one and no mention anywhere for the small watch.
Old 23 January 2022, 02:27 AM   #47
Slow Lane
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner 114060
NY retailer

This thread has me wanting the SeaQ in blue or green, I will be in NY in a month or so and plan on checking it out - looks like Wempe and Bucherer carry them - never been in either. Is one of these retailers better than the other in terms of inventory and ease of doing business?
Slow Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2022, 04:41 PM   #48
mbalmz
2024 Pledge Member

have dealt with wempe and have always been happy, they’d be my pick (no dealings with bucherer since the stores rebranded here but was never fond of the old tourneau).

the wempe store on 5th has a good selection of seaQs.
___

Old 23 January 2022, 04:43 PM   #49
mbalmz
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigdwh View Post
Claiming many bezels are "just" off center by many pictures is a hard claim to justify.

If the angle of the picture is not dead center, the bezel will always look misaligned.

this.

I’ve had a handful of dive watches with perfectly aligned bezels but going back through old photos there’s ones where they all look off.
___

Old 23 January 2022, 11:43 PM   #50
Slow Lane
"TRF" Member

Thanks for the input, I did check out their websites and clearly Wempe has a decent selection. I did not realize Bucherer was the old Tourneau, nothing wrong with it but always seemed to be a bit of a watch supermarket!

The Pano is starting to interest me so need to see in the flesh, I have 7.5" wrist.....
Old 24 January 2022, 12:05 AM   #51
JSolution
"TRF" Member

Watch: SkyD
This is certainly food for thoght
JSolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2022, 01:34 AM   #52
Toproll85
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I’m pretty picky and the SEAQ is hard to find fault with. If I’m nitpicking, many of them have bezels that are a hair off, generally to the right of 12 o’clock. Mine is perfect. But I’ve owned one before that was off, and a fair number I’ve seen are similarly off in pics online. Weird. Then again, the BP fifty fathoms often has slight bezel misalignment too. And at a much higher retail. So if you’re ocd, just ensure the bezel arrow is perfectly aligned before you buy.
Thank you for the information, so a point to check when buying.

We seem to nitpick a bit when there isn't much to say...
Afterwards, depending on the angle of view, it's quite common on all watches.

Speaking of the bezel, I want to say that its feeling and perceived quality were incredible.
Very clean and frank.
It's quite "professional" if you know what I mean.

Compared to the Blancpains that I had in comparison, there is systematically a play of one millimeter. You can "go back", it moves slightly...and for the price of these watches, it's notable.
They really need to improve this system.

Grönefeld 1941 RCF ¦ H. Moser Heritage Dual Time ¦ JLC Q1308470 ¦ L&S 1815 Up/Down ¦ L&S Zeitwerk Date ¦ UN Freak X carbonium
Toproll85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2022, 01:42 AM   #53
RidingDonkeys
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Lane View Post
Thanks for the input, I did check out their websites and clearly Wempe has a decent selection. I did not realize Bucherer was the old Tourneau, nothing wrong with it but always seemed to be a bit of a watch supermarket!

The Pano is starting to interest me so need to see in the flesh, I have 7.5" wrist.....
Tourneau was always a bit like the Kay Jewelers of the watch world. Bucherer has always been top-notch. I'm hoping Bucherer can fix Tourneau and make it a better option for us in the US.

Sent from the voices in my head and transcribed by their drinking buddy.
RidingDonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2022, 01:59 AM   #54
Jocke
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: A dozen of Rolex's
Here I have put together some pics I have made of the different SeaQ models, there is some links at the bottom.

Click here to find out

What is best a custom Rolex or a Rolex that is stuck in custom?

Buy a professional camera and you´re a professional
photographer, buy a flute and you own a flute.
Jocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2022, 02:13 AM   #55
DVR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
so a point to check when buying.
No more than any other high end super quality watch.

Quote:
Afterwards, depending on the angle of view, it's quite common on all watches.
You get a very domed crystal with the SeaQ, it's part of it's charm but because of it some people seem to see the bezel misaligned. A good test for those people is to turn the watch up side down and they will see the misalignment is now on the opposite side. That way they'll know it's their brain playing tricks. I speak from expierence

Quote:
Speaking of the bezel, I want to say that its feeling and perceived quality were incredible.
Very clean and frank.
It's quite "professional" if you know what I mean.
It's simply the best I ever experienced in the +30 years of owning dive watches. Nothing compares to the bezel action of the SeaQ, it's firm, very mechanic with enough resistance to not move by itself (looking at you Rolex and GS). Zero play of course!

Quote:
Compared to the Blancpains that I had in comparison, there is systematically a play of one millimeter. You can "go back", it moves slightly...and for the price of these watches, it's notable.
They really need to improve this system.
The BP is a spectacular watch but exactly that is holding me back from buying, the play is significant.
Old 24 January 2022, 03:15 AM   #56
JSolution
"TRF" Member

What are the steel bracelets like that come with these?
Old 24 January 2022, 04:50 AM   #57
Slow Lane
"TRF" Member

Please advise what would be a customary AD discount, just looking for a number we can easily agree on.

I also note that Swiss Luxury sells these for a nice discount, can't understand this industry!
Old 24 January 2022, 05:20 AM   #58
DVR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSolution View Post
What are the steel bracelets like that come with these?
Just perfect , see from 1:40min

Old 24 January 2022, 06:56 AM   #59
JSolution
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVR View Post
Just perfect , see from 1:40min

Thanks , I’ve become quite interested in this watch after reading through this thread.

@brandrea I know you’re always lurking here Brian and are a fan of your dive watches would be interested to here if you have any experience with this one?
Old 24 January 2022, 07:50 AM   #60
gnuyork
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jocke View Post
Here I have put together some pics I have made of the different SeaQ models, there is some links at the bottom.

Click here to find out
Excellent photos. That's the one I'd got for if and when. I might get the bracelet, but I want the that strap too.
gnuyork is offline   Reply With Quote