The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 5 October 2021, 09:25 AM   #1
shaunylw
"TRF" Member

Metal CasiOak

Has anyone has a chance to wear the Metal CasiOak?

I picked one up today and i am pleasantly surprised how good it is. I tried the rubber 2100 version on multiple times, and i couldn't do it. Felt too cheap and i didn't think i would actually wear it. Saw the metal version for the first time today and wow, its really cool for a $200 watch! I really wanted something i could beat on. The days in the pool with the kids, soccer and basketball practice, etc. Ya the Rolex and the Tudors can hold up to all that stuff, but slapping a $200 watch against the side of the pool is much easier to handle than a $10,000 watch.

If you were thinking of grabbing one of these, do it! Its awesome.
shaunylw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2021, 09:27 AM   #2
shaunylw
"TRF" Member

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 5 October 2021, 10:27 AM   #3
ILuvSubs
"TRF" Member

I've got the blue one. I bought it a day or so after it was released. I was initially tempted by the "standard" CasioOaks in the various colour-ways, but finally pulled the trigger when the metal ones were released.

I like how light it feels on the wrist, together with the convenience of the world time, timer and stopwatch functions. The grained finish on the dial is super nice too.

The neat trick of having the hands move out of the way of the digital display is cool novelty feature too.

The convenience of it, together with its looks and ruggedness, makes it a fun, playful alternative to a Rolex or Tudor.

This has got me looking at other G-Shocks too, especially the titanium full metal squares... One thing I like about G-Shocks is that there are so many different alternatives at various price points. It reminds me of Seiko.
Old 5 October 2021, 11:02 AM   #4
shaunylw
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvSubs View Post
I've got the blue one. I bought it a day or so after it was released. I was initially tempted by the "standard" CasioOaks in the various colour-ways, but finally pulled the trigger when the metal ones were released.

I like how light it feels on the wrist, together with the convenience of the world time, timer and stopwatch functions. The grained finish on the dial is super nice too.

The neat trick of having the hands move out of the way of the digital display is cool novelty feature too.

The convenience of it, together with its looks and ruggedness, makes it a fun, playful alternative to a Rolex or Tudor.

This has got me looking at other G-Shocks too, especially the titanium full metal squares... One thing I like about G-Shocks is that there are so many different alternatives at various price points. It reminds me of Seiko.

Totally agree. I would wear a Rolex or Tudor camping, obviously they can handle whatever, but it’s nice having a cool inexpensive watch you can beat on. They did a really nice job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 5 October 2021, 12:36 PM   #5
Rebel
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor Sub 75090
I have a Casio Illuminator alongside my vintage Tudor Submariner. Casio is cool.
Old 5 October 2021, 01:07 PM   #6
ILuvSubs
"TRF" Member

The Casio digital watches were super cool when I was growing up, so Casio and the G-Shock brings a lot of that nostalgia back for me. Obviously, G-Shock are pretty cool in their own right too, as evidenced by the many G-Shock threads in the non-Rolex watch sub-forum.
Old 6 October 2021, 12:37 AM   #7
PBJ1925
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 326934
Love the new GM2100 series Casio-Oak, I also picked up the blue face dial. Only critique is their night LED still needs a bit of work. I also noticed they changed the screw type to the case for those into modding with 3rd party bracelets. Not a big deal, but it may not fit some parts you have with your GA series Casio-Oak.

They seem to be tricking back in and out of stock so most should be able to pickup at list with a short wait vs having to pay a early premium. Thanks for sharing the pic, nice side by side for size comparison sake for those concerned with the size of factory specs.
PBJ1925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2021, 09:28 PM   #8
Duckman25
"TRF" Member

I am not seeing where the value is?
Duckman25 is offline   Reply With Quote