Old 17 January 2022, 04:52 AM   #31
Frits1980
"TRF" Member

Any update (latest rumors) on this?
Frits1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2022, 03:31 AM   #32
Patek_collector
"TRF" Member

Dear friends, Anyone have an idea what is the realistic price for the 5270P now that it got discontinued? Not many options on C24 and i am interested in getting one. Contacted few grey dealers. No one has it and they are trying to look up one for me but wanted to see if anyone have an idea on what is the market price now that it for discontinued. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Patek_collector is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2022, 05:09 AM   #33
onlytstamps
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frits1980 View Post
Any update (latest rumors) on this?
Discontinued….list already out, ask your local AD if you need confirmation.
onlytstamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2022, 05:18 AM   #34
PPcollector
"TRF" Member

Link to list of discontinued references:

https://monochrome-watches.com/news-...5711-and-more/
PPcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2022, 06:21 AM   #35
PPFANBOY
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patek_collector View Post
Dear friends, Anyone have an idea what is the realistic price for the 5270P now that it got discontinued? Not many options on C24 and i am interested in getting one. Contacted few grey dealers. No one has it and they are trying to look up one for me but wanted to see if anyone have an idea on what is the market price now that it for discontinued. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C24 is inflated but speculators have snapped up all the reasonably priced ones..these were trading for well below retail for a long time..be patient and try and buy at below retail when the dust settles.
Old 28 January 2022, 11:40 AM   #36
WatchGuy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPFANBOY View Post
C24 is inflated but speculators have snapped up all the reasonably priced ones..these were trading for well below retail for a long time..be patient and try and buy at below retail when the dust settles.
Prediction: You will never see the 5270p available below retail again.
WatchGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2022, 08:36 AM   #37
PPFANBOY
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchGuy View Post
Prediction: You will never see the 5270p available below retail again.
Entirely possible.
Old 29 January 2022, 09:17 AM   #38
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Remember when no one wanted the 5270P and ADs had to offer discounts to move it?

Yeah, that was less than a year ago.

Where were all these FOMO hoarders then? Fake collectors.

GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2022, 09:31 AM   #39
PPcollector
"TRF" Member

All I can say is…the 5270P is one of the most underrated modern references when it was available. Now that it is discontinued, I can see the prices on it go up even further.
PPcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2022, 09:36 AM   #40
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPcollector View Post
All I can say is…the 5270P is one of the most underrated modern references when it was available.
Completely agree. I love mine.
Old 29 January 2022, 10:38 AM   #41
7sins
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
Remember when no one wanted the 5270P and ADs had to offer discounts to move it?

Yeah, that was less than a year ago.

Where were all these FOMO hoarders then? Fake collectors.

BINGO! Couldn't agree more. Scored mine for $50K under retail, thought it was such a steal. First in house PCC, platinum, salmon dial. What isn't to love? Wouldn't be surprised if prices keep surging.
Richard Mille RG RM030 || Richard Mille RM72ti || AP 26240 50TH Green Royal Oak Chrono || AP Royal Oak Blue JUMBO SS 15202ST || AP ROO Diver Green 15720ST || ♕ Rolex Platinum Daytona Diamond 116506 || Cartier Santos
7sins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2022, 10:41 AM   #42
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7sins View Post
BINGO! Couldn't agree more. Scored mine for $50K under retail, thought it was such a steal. First in house PCC, platinum, salmon dial. What isn't to love?
Old 30 January 2022, 09:16 AM   #43
PPFANBOY
"TRF" Member

Absolutely guys. I loved the 5270p from day dot and was able to pick up a piece at an amazing price. Probably my favourite Patek too.
Old 30 January 2022, 12:54 PM   #44
gordon86
"TRF" Member

Its my grail watch and when i was looking at it in 2020, no one wanted it and there were so many criticism towards it. Pity i didnt had the money then and set my sight on it for my grail purchase. Pity prices seem to be spiking and out my reach :(
gordon86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2022, 11:21 PM   #45
WatchGuy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordon86 View Post
Its my grail watch and when i was looking at it in 2020, no one wanted it and there were so many criticism towards it. Pity i didnt had the money then and set my sight on it for my grail purchase. Pity prices seem to be spiking and out my reach :(
You had to think longterm with the 5270P, because it was born in the shadow of the esteemed 5970P. Much of the 5270P’s criticism was unfounded. For example, some say the dial of the 5270 line is unbalanced. However, the Arabic numerals on the 5270P add substantial balance to the dial. I agree the dial on some of the other 5270 models, with stick markers, are bottom-heavy, but not the 5270P. Another criticism was the case size. Since collectors regularly praised the 40mm 5970P as “perfect”, I knew 41mm could not be THAT BAD! I have 6.75-7 inch wrists and I do wish the 5270P was 40mm, however it’s far from a dealbreaker.

A Patek PCC in platinum with a salmon dial. My goodness, this baby checks all the boxes. I think it will age very well in the pantheon of Patek classics. Picked mine up just under a year ago.
WatchGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2022, 11:26 PM   #46
rolexperfect
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116506
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7sins View Post
I heard similar from one of the larger Patek dealers in the south that they are expecting it to be discontinued next year as well, this was when I saw them last week. I would suspect that even most ADs aren't privy to this knowledge though.

Love my 5270P, zero regrets and my favorite in my collection. If it is discontinued, I suspect it follows a similar run to over MSRP as we saw with the 5170P when it was discontinued, they should NOT be trading 30-40K under MSRP for the first inhouse PCC platinum salmon dial, that makes zero sense to me when a 5711 is 5x MSRP.
Man. Don't tell me. This is my next grail. But I just got the 5711 at 170k. Haha let's see. Maybe I'll be able to afford the 5270P at one point end of this year, but would not trade it for the 5711 to be honest. Not in the near future at least.