The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 6 February 2020, 09:51 AM   #1
brady
"TRF" Member

Watch: yes please
Patek 3700-11A

Hello TRFrs. Been a while since I posted but looks like you all have survived just fine without me. I felt like I finally had stabilized my watch collection and for the past 2-3 years been quite content with my humble collection of a PP Aquanaut 5167/1a, Rolex Exp II Polar 216570, and Panerai PAM510.

Well, an opportunity to pick up a Nautilus 3700 came along that was too good to pass up. I sent the watch over to Geneva since there was an issue where the rotor wasn't keeping the watch wound. Kept great time if I manually wound so I was hoping it wasn't an expensive repair. I have been biting my nails waiting for the quote to come back. The AD I went through called today and started the convo with "you must be living right, the quote to repair came back to ~1900USD." Of course, now I get to wait the ~6 months to get it back, but at least I have something to look forward to!

I was curious if anyone here has had luck sourcing links for vintages like this? The 3700-11a is the tapered bracelet version and as far as I can tell, there were only 1300 made so not guessing there is a strong secondhand market for spare parts. I was going to put a call into my AD tomorrow and see what they had to say, but thought I'd check in with this knowledgeable bunch. I can wear it as is, but it would be more comfortable with one additional link. My other option is to lose a few more pounds, but who wants to do that .

Thanks everyone!

brady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2020, 06:27 PM   #2
cascavel
2024 Pledge Member

Sounds like the lubricants in your 3700 dried out. Beautiful watch, congratulations.
cascavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2020, 07:02 PM   #3
B01fan
"TRF" Member

I would think that Patek could supply links for that bracelet, although that quote would need to be revised!
B01fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2020, 02:57 AM   #4
jfriedkin
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP, PP
If you watch is in for service, ask for the extra link. If they have it, they will supply it.
jfriedkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2020, 07:10 AM   #5
waspy1
Banned

Patek can remake any parts required. For a price of course...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
waspy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2021, 03:53 AM   #6
brady
"TRF" Member

Reviving this one. Well it took over a year due to Covid and shutdowns, but happy to say I got it back! I worked up the courage to email the US PP Parts dept. to see if they sell extra links. I braced for impact on the price, and it came out to about $160. I was shocked! Expected another 0 on the end of that, but now will have that in the next couple weeks.

Super excited about this watch. I had an opportunity to get an Aquanaut or a Naut 5711 back in 2013 when both were sitting in the AD case ready to be bought by anyone off the street. My how times have changed. I love the Aquanaut but always felt a bit of regret that I made the wrong choice. Glad this opportunity came along. Cheers!
Old 25 February 2021, 04:25 AM   #7
2nastie
"TRF" Member

Watch: Time Only
Quote:
Originally Posted by brady View Post
Reviving this one. Well it took over a year due to Covid and shutdowns, but happy to say I got it back! I worked up the courage to email the US PP Parts dept. to see if they sell extra links. I braced for impact on the price, and it came out to about $160. I was shocked! Expected another 0 on the end of that, but now will have that in the next couple weeks.

Super excited about this watch. I had an opportunity to get an Aquanaut or a Naut 5711 back in 2013 when both were sitting in the AD case ready to be bought by anyone off the street. My how times have changed. I love the Aquanaut but always felt a bit of regret that I made the wrong choice. Glad this opportunity came along. Cheers!
Great to see it back!

I assume you got a full service done as well. Share some new pics!

Enjoy it in good health!
2nastie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2021, 07:20 AM   #8
azizu
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek 3700/11AJ
Quote:

i like how Patek Philippe take pride in reparing any watch they made, it is an important committment they make for thier customers.
obviously thier service is not cheap but its also not expensive. and i don't feel being taken advantage of in terms of spare parts.
Old 25 February 2021, 07:34 PM   #9
JasonBetts
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I braced for impact on the price, and it came out to about $160. I was shocked! Expected another 0 on the end of that, but now will have that in the next couple weeks. !
$160 is certainly cheaper than paying a personal trainer and join the Keto diet

Thanks for the update as I'm struggling to fit into my 3700, which is worst to source BTW as they only make 900 two tone Nautilus back then.

Congratulations on your 3700

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JasonBetts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2021, 11:44 AM   #10
brady
"TRF" Member

Few pics so far. Been pretty much wearing this exclusively over the past few weeks. I'm considering getting the rubber strap for the Aquanaut or I'm not sure there is really a point in keeping it.

Old 28 February 2021, 09:44 AM   #11
doramas
Banned

Fantastic watch.
doramas is offline   Reply With Quote