The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex WatchTech

Old 3 November 2023, 01:09 AM   #1
nhale415
"TRF" Member

Rolex Sub Mariner Date M16613

I sent my Rolex in for service this past week from a local jeweler. Overhaul price $850 however they wont do the service because the bracelet wasn't original. Long story but i was in a head on collision and Allstate would not replace the broken watch bracelet for full cost. SO i settled and bought a aftermarket bracelet. They want to charge me $4702.50 and big me a $300 credit for my bracelet. WTF total repair is $6000. I don't understand why they care what bracelet is on the watch?? Anyone had this happen and yes they acknowledge the bracelet is a real Rolex bracelet but they say it's not for Sub Mariner
nhale415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 November 2023, 05:05 AM   #2
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: GMT's
Rolex has always had the policy of not servicing watches with aftermarket/counterfeit parts on it.

They do service watches with straps etc., as I have had it done. However, if you put on a Rolex clone bracelet it is considered counterfeit, not aftermarket.

Get it returned and have a good independent watchmaker service it.
Old 19 November 2023, 05:22 AM   #3
jchabalk
"TRF" Member

Do you still have the damaged original bracelet? It could be repairable - if you have it and can post pictures some forum members might have a well informed opinion about it.
jchabalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2023, 06:25 AM   #4
Rolex tom
"TRF" Member

Watch: rolex,seiko,Omega
i'd change the bracelet to a strap and try another place
Rolex tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 November 2023, 05:34 AM   #5
piperflyer
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tools View Post
Rolex has always had the policy of not servicing watches with aftermarket/counterfeit parts on it.

They do service watches with straps etc., as I have had it done. However, if you put on a Rolex clone bracelet it is considered counterfeit, not aftermarket.

Get it returned and have a good independent watchmaker service it.
did you happen to read his post? It says right in there it is a real Rolex bracelet, just not for the Sub.
piperflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 February 2024, 11:49 AM   #6
painexpert
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhale415 View Post
I sent my Rolex in for service this past week from a local jeweler. Overhaul price $850 however they wont do the service because the bracelet wasn't original. Long story but i was in a head on collision and Allstate would not replace the broken watch bracelet for full cost. SO i settled and bought a aftermarket bracelet. They want to charge me $4702.50 and big me a $300 credit for my bracelet. WTF total repair is $6000. I don't understand why they care what bracelet is on the watch?? Anyone had this happen and yes they acknowledge the bracelet is a real Rolex bracelet but they say it's not for Sub Mariner
Rolex will not service any watch with aftermarket parts or an incorrect bracelet for that model.They will change the bracelet to an OEM piece and charge you.

"No Good Deed Goes Unpunished"-Oscar Wilde

"Never Allow Someone To Be Your Priority While Allowing Yourself To Be Their Option"-Mark Twain
painexpert is offline   Reply With Quote