The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 4 August 2019, 10:23 AM   #1
Jerrocop
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer 39, SeaQ
Planet Ocean GMT

I'm very interested in the Omega brand, this will be my first purchase of one. I've been surfing TRF for GMT examples and have really been drawn to the Planet Ocean GMT. I especially like the Good Planet with the 8605 caliber. There are several used models to choose from but I'm wondering what feedback or recommendations this forum would have on pros/cons of the different movements and versions. Seems like the pre 8906 caliber are a good buy right now. But I'd sacrifice the Master Chronometer certification and the anti-magnetic. (what else?) I'd kinda like the anti-magnetic but the reality is that I've never had an issue with magnetism on any of my other 3 mechanical watches. Any PO GMT owners out there that could comment on pros/cons of ownership?
Jerrocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2019, 09:22 PM   #2
Strummer25
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD4K Dj41 SubC YM
I have the PO GMT Good Planet. Its a beautiful watch and gets more comments than any of my 3 Rolexes. It is a big slab of a watch and not for the faint hearted or anyone with a thin wrist in my opinion. The movement works perfectly as far as I can tell, that said I never bother to check accuracy of any of mine. Only criticism I have is compared to other Omegas I have owned and my Sub and SeaDweller the bezel is a bit agricultural, doesnt move anywhere near as smoothly. Now that maybe because it has some small particles of something in there, or the fact it moves in both directions rather than standard one way operation, I have no clue and am not that bothered.
In short if you like it on your wrist go for it dont think you can go wrong
Strummer25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2019, 02:54 AM   #3
Jerrocop
"TRF" Member

I’ve heard that the case changed with the release of the black/white bezel but I can’t determine what changed. I really like this watch, just trying to gather as much info about it as I can.
Old 10 August 2019, 02:36 AM   #4
watchdoc123
"TRF" Member

I have this and it never fails to get compliments. I love it! It is a great and fun watch to wear.
watchdoc123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 August 2019, 03:33 AM   #5
stratlanta
"TRF" Member

I have the PO GMT with the black/white bezel en route as we speak. Should arrive Monday. I tried one on at a local AD about a year ago and loved it. I'll post pics and initial impressions when I get it if anyone is interested.
stratlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 August 2019, 01:03 PM   #6
Jerrocop
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratlanta View Post
I have the PO GMT with the black/white bezel en route as we speak. Should arrive Monday. I tried one on at a local AD about a year ago and loved it. I'll post pics and initial impressions when I get it if anyone is interested.
Congrats! I look forward to your impressions!
Old 14 August 2019, 10:52 PM   #7
stratlanta
"TRF" Member

Ok some quick first impressions..... First, it's definitely a handsome watch. I love the bezel and the look of the bracelet. It's a big watch but doesn't feel huge. It feels just slightly larger than my Explorer II but it's definitely tall. I'll report back after I've had a chance to wear it for a while - unfortunately Omega must have used a gallon of loctite on the bracelet screws because no matter what I try they won't come loose. I'm going to have to suck it up and take it to a jeweler today to get it sized. But with that said, why doesn't every steel bracelet have a sliding micro adjustment like this one does, or like the glidelock? It's such a great idea.... but I digress. I'd like to see some more contrast in the dial somehow because it some lights it's just an inky pool of black, but it's definitely attractive. Overall I think I like it but I'll try to update this once I get some wear time on it.

Old 14 August 2019, 11:54 PM   #8
Maxtor
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Exp 1, DJ Tuxedo
Nice.
Maxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 August 2019, 02:13 AM   #9
stratlanta
"TRF" Member

One more: Explorer II - PO GMT - Sea Dweller 116660

Old 18 August 2019, 04:42 PM   #10
Faizan
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex
The good planet is an amazing planet ocean. The color combo really sets it apart from everything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Faizan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2019, 02:49 AM   #11
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faizan View Post
The good planet is an amazing planet ocean. The color combo really sets it apart from everything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have to agree, that is a gorgeous watch right there. They nailed the colors on that one.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S10 using Tapatalk
samson66 is online now   Reply With Quote