The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 11 December 2018, 12:19 AM   #91
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarosh View Post
Bingo! Surely at some point we will once again stop looking at watches as cash cows and just as something we enjoy.......
Must say sometimes I look at my Rolexes and wonder what the fuss is all about. The more hyped they get, the less interesting I find them, just too unjustified, so glad I'm content and out of this rat race.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2018, 12:27 AM   #92
Art 1
Banned

Watch: Rol/Seik/Tud/Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
Must say sometimes I look at my Rolexes and wonder what the fuss is all about. The more hyped they get, the less interesting I find them, just too unjustified, so glad I'm content and out of this rat race.
Art 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2018, 12:28 AM   #93
Jmbarrack
"TRF" Member

Watch: Ever changing!
What an exciting time to be alive ...

Between this and fantasy football playoffs, I almost can't take it.
Jmbarrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2018, 12:44 AM   #94
kwingy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs146 View Post
Sadly let’s not hold our breath.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I totally agree, I mean when would that be? I just can't imagine the glory times of the BLNR returning to the ADs and sitting there. As been mentioned in many threads, when then came out in 2013 they would be in ADs and Greys were selling them under retail. Surely those days are long gone given the market situation which is just going to drag and drag.
kwingy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2018, 12:49 AM   #95
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Quote:
Agreed.

I miss when people actually used to talk about watches and enjoy owning and wearing them.
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2018, 01:56 AM   #96
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beshannon View Post
Agreed.

I miss when people actually used to talk about watches and enjoy owning and wearing them.
What's the value in that?

See what I did there? Value. Ha!

It's getting ridiculous.
037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2018, 02:00 AM   #97
bronzeband00
Banned

I need to be on that waitlist. how do i get in on it?
bronzeband00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2018, 02:02 AM   #98
VanAdian
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSOTM
This thread amounts to clickbait ( and I apparently have willingly succumbed) that further fuels the current FOMO fire of wrist watch desire.
Still plenty of BLNRs in the classifieds and elsewhere at the same prices as earlier this week and the last.

"The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time." - B. Russell
VanAdian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2018, 02:04 AM   #99
2024 Pledge Member

If I'm scared of FOMO would that be FOFOMO or something else entirely?
037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2018, 02:11 AM   #100
ALF61
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanAdian View Post
This thread amounts to clickbait ( and I apparently have willingly succumbed) that further fuels the current FOMO fire of wrist watch desire.
Still plenty of BLNRs in the classifieds and elsewhere at the same prices as earlier this week and the last.
I browsed the first 4 pages and saw only one for over 11K and it is not from a trusted seller. Which means you incurr in additional risks or expenses getting it. Unless you see more ? does it not strike you odd that no TS have any for sale ?

Why do you blame my thread as a bait clicker ? I simply stated the truth in the title at that point in time.
ALF61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2018, 02:14 AM   #101
sechsgang
"TRF" Member

Yeah, and everyone can totally calm down...also the new movement with the 3 day power reserve is awesome, you'll want the new one...
sechsgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2018, 02:17 AM   #102
ALF61
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sechsgang View Post
Yeah, and everyone can totally calm down...also the new movement with the 3 day power reserve is awesome, you'll want the new one...
AGREE !!

At the moment I do not own a BLNR. Waiting for the new updated one.
Old 11 December 2018, 02:21 AM   #103
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALF61 View Post
AGREE !!

At the moment I do not own a BLNR. Waiting for the new updated one.
Assuming there will be an update, and not a replacement with different colors.

instagram.com/ct_watch_guy
_speedmaster_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2018, 02:25 AM   #104
Sarosh
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
Quote:
I agree with you. I love the BLNR but I find myself day by day admiring my 58 a lot more. Can you actually imagine the day when we will cease to talk about value and rumours of discontinuation and just get back to the times of talking about how we appreciate and understand the engineering which keeps these watches ticking?......

Either way, I’m also content. To own one is more than enough for me. A second is light years away. Lol

“It’s a watch, it tells time. Not much else”
Sarosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2018, 02:30 AM   #105
81sforlife
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub & ExpII
Quote:
Originally Posted by 037 View Post
I miss the days when people bought watches to wear.
Bought mine from my AD 2.5wks ago, and worn it every day since.
81sforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2018, 02:37 AM   #106
VanAdian
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSOTM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALF61 View Post
I browsed the first 4 pages and saw only one for over 11K and it is not from a trusted seller. Which means you incurr in additional risks or expenses getting it. Unless you see more ? does it not strike you odd that no TS have any for sale ?

Why do you blame my thread as a bait clicker ? I simply stated the truth in the title at that point in time.

I am not blaming you for posting a click bait thread. That is in some sense the inherent attraction to this and other forum platforms. Stocks of particular watches fluctuate, and especially as we approach Christmas things are going to move quickly.
Take a look outside this forum (watchrecon and others) and look at the fluctuations over an extended period. This thread and its responses are to me more symptomatic of the current feeding frenzy and general Rolex delirium than of reality.

"The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time." - B. Russell
VanAdian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2018, 02:38 AM   #107
Loevhagen
"TRF" Member

I bought mine in 2014 and had it for some years. Sold it. Never missed it. Went the 5-digit route instead.

Loevhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2018, 02:40 AM   #108
The Sub-lime One
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I agree with you. I love the BLNR but I find myself day by day admiring my 58 a lot more. Can you actually imagine the day when we will cease to talk about value and rumours of discontinuation and just get back to the times of talking about how we appreciate and understand the engineering which keeps these watches ticking?......

Either way, I’m also content. To own one is more than enough for me. A second is light years away. Lol
Have to agree. I haven’t touched my BLNR or LVc since I picked up the 58 two weeks ago.
The Sub-lime One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2018, 02:50 AM   #109
ALF61
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanAdian View Post
I am not blaming you for posting a click bait thread. That is in some sense the inherent attraction to this and other forum platforms. Stocks of particular watches fluctuate, and especially as we approach Christmas things are going to move quickly.
Take a look outside this forum (watchrecon and others) and look at the fluctuations over an extended period. This thread and its responses are to me more symptomatic of the current feeding frenzy and general Rolex delirium than of reality.
Cheers, forgive my mis interpretation please.
Old 11 December 2018, 04:29 AM   #110
Sarosh
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sub-lime One View Post
Have to agree. I haven’t touched my BLNR or LVc since I picked up the 58 two weeks ago.
It’s a great watch Dee! Enjoy it. Rolex will come out to play every now and then. Lol

Old 11 December 2018, 10:03 AM   #111
porschejeff
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD 228238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotgolf52 View Post
Sorry friend but low mileage GT2/3 are never cheap even if it’s a few years old. But I get what you’re saying. Maybe I can score a low mileage 991.2S for cheap next year when the 992 on the roads.
Good luck. You will love it!
porschejeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2018, 07:19 PM   #112
mailman
TRF Moderator & DATE-JUST41 2024 Patron

Watch: 126610LN
Quote:
Old 11 December 2018, 07:25 PM   #113
mailman
TRF Moderator & DATE-JUST41 2024 Patron

Watch: 126610LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenfried29 View Post
There's 296 listings there for BLNR's. How many of the dealers there actually have them in stock?
Old 11 December 2018, 08:23 PM   #114
peterpl
Banned

Quote:
Couldnt agree more. Thinking of seriously selling all my Rolex's now and just purely going AP/Patek and some IWC.

Tired of these stupid games, flippers and honestly its not even fun anymore on here discussing watches. Every single thread is almost about "how much is my Rolex worth", "How much has my $10k Rolex increased" "How much will my $10k Rolex be worth in 10 years", "how much has my $10k Rolex be worth next week" - seriously guys NONE of these $10k SS watches are going to make any single one of you rich. LOL
peterpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2018, 09:22 PM   #115
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Actually my post made me a bit sad so I thought back to when I was hunting and saving up to buy my first real Rolex, a sub, and I was overjoyed that I finally had one and I took hundreds of pics that first week from all angles. Contrast to now and I have barely taken any new pics of any of my watches in the last few months and that is not good. It is natural to get a bit blasé as you go deeper in this hobby but the hype makes it worse.
Old 11 December 2018, 09:26 PM   #116
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpl View Post
Couldnt agree more. Thinking of seriously selling all my Rolex's now and just purely going AP/Patek and some IWC.

Tired of these stupid games, flippers and honestly its not even fun anymore on here discussing watches. Every single thread is almost about "how much is my Rolex worth", "How much has my $10k Rolex increased" "How much will my $10k Rolex be worth in 10 years", "how much has my $10k Rolex be worth next week" - seriously guys NONE of these $10k SS watches are going to make any single one of you rich. LOL
Yes, this year I've really revisited BP, VC, Journe and currently Lange and Omega as this is pure watch study, there's no money here.
Old 11 December 2018, 09:29 PM   #117
Sarosh
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yes, this year I've really revisited BP, VC, Journe and currently Lange and Omega as this is pure watch study, there's no money here.
Well said. I’ve started to read about JLC abit more as the reverso is starting to intrigue me.

Old 11 December 2018, 10:10 PM   #118
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Quote:
Originally Posted by sechsgang View Post

No
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 December 2018, 12:18 AM   #119
Loevhagen
"TRF" Member

I agree with Neil. The problem is however not the Rolexes, but this forum and other forums, so if you log off for a week or two - the Rolex love comes back. ;)

Personally, all the stupid threads made me rush to an Omega AD to buy a Speedmaster (005 Hesalite). And the Omega is awesome - regardless.
Loevhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 December 2018, 12:28 AM   #120
ALF61
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loevhagen View Post
I agree with Neil. The problem is however not the Rolexes, but this forum and other forums, so if you log off for a week or two - the Rolex love comes back. ;)

Personally, all the stupid threads made me rush to an Omega AD to buy a Speedmaster (005 Hesalite). And the Omega is awesome - regardless.
So many posts about the forum or forums, stupid threads etc.

You really think that the forums or the stupid threads are bigger than the market ? There is reality out there the real market driver.