The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 24 February 2021, 05:54 PM   #151
htc8p
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710 ln
how come i always have to input 2FA from google authenticator for my desktop PC?
htc8p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2021, 08:49 PM   #152
emersm
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOOK View Post
2FA won't kick in unless your IP address changes. Try turning off wi-fi on your cell phone so you are using cell data and then start your browser on your phone and log into TRF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cop414 View Post
Correct.
Thank you, gentlemen. Works perfectly.
emersm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2021, 02:49 AM   #153
Case61
2024 Pledge Member

I'm trying to enable 2FA with Authy. I read through this thread two or three times before attempting, but I have still messed something up.

I use an Iphone X and a Mac Air, and access TRF from both (thought mostly the Mac) with just web browsers. I've never used TapATalk. I downloaded the Twilio Authy from the App Store onto my Iphone. Using my Iphone, I entered phone number and email, and received the text verification. I scanned the QR Code on my Mac at the forum page in User CP on 2FA and then followed Authy's on-screen instructions. (Btw, I printed out the page with the QR code and the recovery key.) All the instructions seemed to go through ok, and I ended up with an Authy account labeled "RolexForumsRolexWatchForum" (Authy put in the name). When I open Authy, it generates a token for that account every 30 seconds. But when I open TRF on either the IPhone (whether wifi or data), or the Mac (wi-fi), it doesn't request the token, nor reflect that 2FA is enabled.

I've hesitated about deleting the RolexForums account from Authy and trying again in 48 hours, out of fear of messing things up further. Any help appreciated.

Thanks
Case61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2021, 07:45 AM   #154
cop414
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Watch: 14060M
Did the app come over to your other devices? It shouldn’t request the code unless you’re outside your home WiFi.

Rolex Submariner 14060M
Omega Seamaster 2254.50
DOXA Professional 1200T

Card carrying member of TRF's Global Association of Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
TRF's "After Dark" Bar & NightClub Patron
P Club Member #17
2 FA ENABLED
cop414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2021, 09:51 AM   #155
Case61
2024 Pledge Member

I tried opening TRF in the web browser on my Iphone using only data (wifi turned off) and it didn't request the token. My Mac is always on wifi.

If it's of any value, here's a screenshot of the opened Authy app:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg authy screenshot1.jpg (34.7 KB, 161 views)
Old 17 March 2021, 10:30 AM   #156
cop414

I really don’t know why it’s not working, mystery to me?
Might be a long shot but I’d still try to sign in away from the house.

Rolex Submariner 14060M
Omega Seamaster 2254.50
DOXA Professional 1200T

P Club Member #17
2 FA ENABLED

Last edited by cop414; 7 July 2021 at 04:45 AM..
Old 17 March 2021, 10:35 AM   #157
Case61
2024 Pledge Member

K, thanks for your thoughts.

Old 17 March 2021, 11:14 AM   #158
ZOOK
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Case61 View Post
I'm trying to enable 2FA with Authy. I read through this thread two or three times before attempting, but I have still messed something up.

I use an Iphone X and a Mac Air, and access TRF from both (thought mostly the Mac) with just web browsers. I've never used TapATalk. I downloaded the Twilio Authy from the App Store onto my Iphone. Using my Iphone, I entered phone number and email, and received the text verification. I scanned the QR Code on my Mac at the forum page in User CP on 2FA and then followed Authy's on-screen instructions. (Btw, I printed out the page with the QR code and the recovery key.) All the instructions seemed to go through ok, and I ended up with an Authy account labeled "RolexForumsRolexWatchForum" (Authy put in the name). When I open Authy, it generates a token for that account every 30 seconds. But when I open TRF on either the IPhone (whether wifi or data), or the Mac (wi-fi), it doesn't request the token, nor reflect that 2FA is enabled.

I've hesitated about deleting the RolexForums account from Authy and trying again in 48 hours, out of fear of messing things up further. Any help appreciated.

Thanks

In your browser, go back into User CP | 2 Factor Authentication

Does the button say

Enable Two-Factor Authentication

or

Disable Two-Factor Authentication

If you see the Disable button, all is good. Like Tim said, you need to hit the road, to Starbucks or your local Library or some other open wi-fi source. This should trigger the TRF 2FA token request.

If you see the Enable button, you have not completed setting up 2FA. After you scan the QR code, you have to enter a token number to complete the set up.
ZOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2021, 10:46 PM   #159
Case61
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Does the button say

or

If you see the Disable button, all is good. Like Tim said, you need to hit the road, to Starbucks or your local Library or some other open wi-fi source. This should trigger the TRF 2FA token request.

If you see the Enable button, you have not completed setting up 2FA. After you scan the QR code, you have to enter a token number to complete the set up.
It's the former, I just see the Enable button, no different from before I tried to set up Authy.

Given that Authy thinks I've set it up, should I delete the account altogether from Authy and start all over? I've hesitated on that because of reports in this thread that deleting can mess things up further.

Thanks for your help.

Old 18 March 2021, 03:04 AM   #160
ZOOK
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Thanks
Quote:
It's the former, I just see the Enable button, no different from before I tried to set up Authy.

Given that Authy thinks I've set it up, should I delete the account altogether from Authy and start all over? I've hesitated on that because of reports in this thread that deleting can mess things up further.

Thanks for your help.

Since you are not actually using the TRF Authy setup; you should be safe deleting TRF from Authy and creating a new TRF setup. Just be sure to save the disable key again. AND this time enter a token to complete the enable of 2FA.

Good luck.
Old 19 March 2021, 07:51 AM   #161
Case61
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Does the button say

or

Quote:
Since you are not actually using the TRF Authy setup; you should be safe deleting TRF from Authy and creating a new TRF setup. Just be sure to save the disable key again. AND this time enter a token to complete the enable of 2FA.

Good luck.
Dave, your advice was spot on. I got it working. Thanks for your help.

Glenn
Old 19 March 2021, 08:07 AM   #162
cop414

Rolex Submariner 14060M
Omega Seamaster 2254.50
DOXA Professional 1200T

P Club Member #17
2 FA ENABLED
Old 25 April 2021, 10:36 PM   #163
Wrist Watcher
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Hulk 116610LV
I just activated mine. Thanks a bunch!
Wrist Watcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 July 2021, 02:01 AM   #164
copperjohn
"TRF" Member

Watch: Exp
Just found this thread, and set up the 2fa. I used my iPad to start it since I don’t have a desktop. Easily set up. Thanks.
Old 1 October 2021, 10:26 AM   #165
fskywalker
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Is Ticking !
Hi folks. Replaced this week my Iphone and cannot access anymore the token for the authenticator entry when using the site.

Tried to disable on my home laptop but it is asking me for the code but don't have it. Is there an alternate way to remove it and then re-install it again? I re-installed the F2F application on the new Iphone but cannot generate a token to use on TRF. Any help would be appreciated!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zenith 02.470.405
Henry Archer Eclipse

2FA security enabled
fskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2021, 05:25 PM   #166
Lol-x
Facilitator

2FA cannot be cracked.
You should have a master key/password for Google Authenticator when you first installed it on your phone. You need to use that on your new phone with Google Authenticator so it can associate you with your previous phone.

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln
Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride. ~John F. Kennedy

ROLEXploitation - yeah I'm a victim
Lol-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2021, 09:00 PM   #167
fskywalker
2024 Pledge Member

Hi Steve the phone numner is the same, what changed was the actual device. I installed Authy (not Google translator) and have not find a way to obtain the master key / password. I reported the issue to Authy and went through a 24 hour reset process bit still cannot generate a code acceptable for TRF to de-install / disable the F2F. On authy it is asking me to re-add TRF through a QR code or manually with a key which don’t have
Zenith 02.470.405
Henry Archer Eclipse

2FA security enabled
Old 4 November 2021, 04:59 AM   #168
Recaro18
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16520
Quote:
Originally Posted by fskywalker View Post
Hi folks. Replaced this week my Iphone and cannot access anymore the token for the authenticator entry when using the site.

Tried to disable on my home laptop but it is asking me for the code but don't have it. Is there an alternate way to remove it and then re-install it again? I re-installed the F2F application on the new Iphone but cannot generate a token to use on TRF. Any help would be appreciated!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I have the same problem when I got a new Phone. So I can only access TRF when Im using my Home Wifi...any fix to this?

~Connecting people through my passion, one timepiece at a time~
Recaro18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 November 2021, 05:46 AM   #169
fskywalker
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by recaro18 View Post
I have the same problem when I got a new Phone. So I can only access TRF when Im using my Home Wifi...any fix to this?
PM Sent
Zenith 02.470.405
Henry Archer Eclipse

2FA security enabled
Old 19 November 2021, 11:59 AM   #170
trackingtime
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Audemars Piguet RO
Quote:
Originally Posted by fskywalker View Post
PM Sent
hi! could you help me out as well?
set up my new iphone and google authenticator wasn't linked to TRF.
and i can't seem to reset the 2FA on the forum itself for the QR code
trackingtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 December 2021, 01:04 AM   #171
teckel12
"TRF" Member

Watch: The latest one!
I tried 2FA for several months here, but I just turned it off. It was constantly asking for a 2FA code. I'd put it in, view a few pages, and then it would ask again.

As a web software developer, I believe it's implemented incorrectly. First, it seems my session validation is being tied to something that's changing. I'm on a IPV6 NAT which is probably changing something which triggers TRF to believe I'm no longer validated. Also, when it goes to the validation page, it seems to be doing it client side and replacing my browser history. Then, when the code is entered, it always goes to the home page, and I can't go back to go to the page I was on, because it's replacing browser history instead of adding to it.

Basically, it needs some tweaking. As it is now (at least with a modern IPV6 NAT connection) it's next to unusable. If there's some updates/changes, I'd appreciate an announcement so I could try it again. I'd like to use it, but as it is right now, it's one of the most frustrating things I've experienced on the Internet in a while.

</rant> </vent>

I feel much better now ;)
teckel12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2021, 11:42 PM   #172
Daso
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona 16520
Hello All, I'm now in a similar bind. I had to set up a new account last year since I was hacked and set up two factor authorization, now all of a sudden, I can only access the site from my home PC and every other location or device I try asks me for the verification code from google authenticator. Problem is that every time I generate a code, I get invalid authorization code and when I went to try to disable Two Factor from my account on my home computer the dreaded authorization comes up and I get the same error trying to disable it. I don't recall ever getting a recovery key as well. Help, anyone know what I can do here? Kind of silly to be able to only access site from home (not even my Iphone works) PS Do you enter the google 6 digit authenticator code with a space between the two sets of numbers or no space?
Daso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2021, 11:58 PM   #173
teckel12
"TRF" Member

Watch: The latest one!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daso View Post
Hello All, I'm now in a similar bind. I had to set up a new account last year since I was hacked and set up two factor authorization, now all of a sudden, I can only access the site from my home PC and every other location or device I try asks me for the verification code from google authenticator. Problem is that every time I generate a code, I get invalid authorization code and when I went to try to disable Two Factor from my account on my home computer the dreaded authorization comes up and I get the same error trying to disable it. I don't recall ever getting a recovery key as well. Help, anyone know what I can do here? Kind of silly to be able to only access site from home (not even my Iphone works) PS Do you enter the google 6 digit authenticator code with a space between the two sets of numbers or no space?
No space, the numbers only.
teckel12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2022, 09:35 PM   #174
inoahguy
2024 Pledge Member

Hi everyone, looking for some help here.
My 2FA is technically enabled here on the site, but I never actually linked it to the google app. How do I go about resetting it so I can start from the beginning to scan code? When I "disable" here on the site, the only option is to enter key to enable it again... Problem is I cant generate a key because the two were never synced. Thanks for any help.
inoahguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2022, 02:42 AM   #175
ZOOK
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by inoahguy View Post
Hi everyone, looking for some help here.
My 2FA is technically enabled here on the site, but I never actually linked it to the google app. How do I go about resetting it so I can start from the beginning to scan code? When I "disable" here on the site, the only option is to enter key to enable it again... Problem is I cant generate a key because the two were never synced. Thanks for any help.

Send a PM to forum admin, Steve 'Lol-x' for assistance disabling 2FA.
Old 22 July 2022, 04:26 AM   #176
Toony
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by recaro18 View Post
I’m having the same issue. Any suggestions??
Toony is offline   Reply With Quote