The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 21 February 2024, 11:24 AM   #1
IFlyPlanes
2024 Pledge Member

Would you trade the first two (pics) for a Moonshine Speedy?

So the Moonshine Speedy with green dial was my grail. I was planning on downsizing my collection and turning a few pieces into this one.

Well I found a new one through a dealer with a decent price and have an opportunity to trade for it.

The proposed was a swap between the top two photos for the bottom one.

The dealer asked for $2,000 extra and I walked. A few days later he said he’d do it without the additional cash and now I’m a bit hesitant.

I kind of fell for the Daytona, plus between my Sapphire Sandwich and Snoopy, I feel like it may be redundant.

Thoughts?

IFlyPlanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2024, 11:27 AM   #2
Locust
"TRF" Member

Watch: All
Yes. I would
Locust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2024, 11:43 AM   #3
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116710LN
This is a very tough choice here. The watch or watches that make you happiest are all that matters, life is short, enjoy it to the fullest.

That being said, since you said the Moonshine Gold watch is your ultimate, this might be the way for you to go. I'm not sure value wise how it works out, but worth considering.

For me I would have a difficult time parting with that Daytona to be honest, but it's not about me and that Moonshine Speedmaster is incredible! Excited to see what you end up doing here in this win-win situation.
RW16610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2024, 11:45 AM   #4
IFlyPlanes
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RW16610 View Post
This is a very tough choice here. The watch or watches that make you happiest are all that matters, life is short, enjoy it to the fullest.

That being said, since you said the Moonshine Gold watch is your ultimate, this might be the way for you to go. I'm not sure value wise how it works out, but worth considering.

For me I would have a difficult time parting with that Daytona to be honest, but it's not about me and that Moonshine Speedmaster is incredible! Excited to see what you end up doing here in this win-win situation.

Yeah I think being on the brink of making it happen is making me think hard about it.

Realistically, 3 Speedmasters is a bit much and this is my only Daytona. And though I love the green, it doesn’t really match any of my outfits.

It would be nice to have a full PM though.
Old 21 February 2024, 12:08 PM   #5
Cabaiguan
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMTII
Yes.
Old 21 February 2024, 12:11 PM   #6
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
That moonshine is gorgeous … just sayin
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2024, 12:12 PM   #7
IFlyPlanes
2024 Pledge Member

Y’all are making this difficult again
Old 21 February 2024, 04:09 PM   #8
PandaLover
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rw16610 View Post
this is a very tough choice here. The watch or watches that make you happiest are all that matters, life is short, enjoy it to the fullest.

That being said, since you said the moonshine gold watch is your ultimate, this might be the way for you to go. I'm not sure value wise how it works out, but worth considering.

For me i would have a difficult time parting with that daytona to be honest, but it's not about me and that moonshine speedmaster is incredible! Excited to see what you end up doing here in this win-win situation.
+1
PandaLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2024, 04:21 PM   #9
jcdevoe26
"TRF" Member

I would do it in a heart beat! The moonshine speedy's are on a whole different level. My delimma is deciding between the green dial and the gold dial. I went to the Omega Days event in 2022 and only got to see the Green and thought it was the one, and then recently when I was at my boutique in Istanbul they had both (thats my 321 in the middle). But be cautious with a hasty purchase. Right now, if your patient and keep your eye out these can be had for a very very good price on the grey market. I have seen green dials listed for $28k (unworn, with stickers) which means you can probably haggle down a bit.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg speedytrio.jpg (103.7 KB, 639 views)
jcdevoe26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2024, 05:19 PM   #10
IFlyPlanes
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdevoe26 View Post
I would do it in a heart beat! The moonshine speedy's are on a whole different level. My delimma is deciding between the green dial and the gold dial. I went to the Omega Days event in 2022 and only got to see the Green and thought it was the one, and then recently when I was at my boutique in Istanbul they had both (thats my 321 in the middle). But be cautious with a hasty purchase. Right now, if your patient and keep your eye out these can be had for a very very good price on the grey market. I have seen green dials listed for $28k (unworn, with stickers) which means you can probably haggle down a bit.

This particular seller is selling it new for $30,500 but offered it at $28,500 cash. Looking at the market price of my 2 watches with the seller covering shipping both ways it’s not a bad deal.

I still love the moonshine Speedy but I’m at the point where I’m wondering if having a 3rd Speedy is worth giving up my one and only Daytona.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 21 February 2024, 05:44 PM   #11
jcdevoe26
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFlyPlanes View Post
This particular seller is selling it new for $30,500 but offered it at $28,500 cash. Looking at the market price of my 2 watches with the seller covering shipping both ways it’s not a bad deal.

I still love the moonshine Speedy but I’m at the point where I’m wondering if having a 3rd Speedy is worth giving up my one and only Daytona.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I think $28,500 is good! you can always replace a daytona....they are not difficult to find (they are not low production as the hype and grey dealers would want us to believe). the TT's are going back to being easy to obtain from ADs and will only get easier to obtain. In the long run, the moonshine gold speedy is just something special. I am also planning to add a TT daytona, however I want the 11 series not the 12 series. I am also patiently waiting to see how things are going to play out with this possible white dial speedy that is rumored to be announced in a few weeks....
jcdevoe26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2024, 09:25 PM   #12
JC316
"TRF" Member

Easy decision for me. The Daytona must go!
JC316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2024, 10:03 PM   #13
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
I would do it. The Speedy is very special and the other two, while nice, do not rise to the level of the PM. The numbers are fair and either of the other watches can be replaced should you desire at a later date. Go for it.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2024, 02:52 AM   #14
MichelleP
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD 40RG Olive dial
I prefer a Daytona over the Speedy but that one is stunning. Maybe look at getting full gold Daytona
Old 22 February 2024, 02:59 AM   #15
travisb
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes..
I'd do that.
travisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2024, 04:47 AM   #16
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
I would totally do that deal. The Speedy is leaps and bounds above that TT Daytona IMO

Curious how much they are valuing the 300? Any chance you keep that and just trade the Daytona + cash?
samson66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2024, 04:50 AM   #17
IFlyPlanes
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by samson66 View Post
I would totally do that deal. The Speedy is leaps and bounds above that TT Daytona IMO

Curious how much they are valuing the 300? Any chance you keep that and just trade the Daytona + cash?

I’ll take a hit on the Omega for sure but I don’t wear it much so it’s a piece I’m willing to let go of.

That being said, it looks like my Daytona is going for between 28-31K on Chrono so I may have more equity in it than I thought.

I still just can’t wrap my head around giving up the Daytona for another Speedy. I keep going back and forth on this decision.
Old 22 February 2024, 04:59 AM   #18
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
Quote:
I’ll take a hit on the Omega for sure but I don’t wear it much so it’s a piece I’m willing to let go of.

That being said, it looks like my Daytona is going for between 28-31K on Chrono so I may have more equity in it than I thought.

I still just can’t wrap my head around giving up the Daytona for another Speedy. I keep going back and forth on this decision.
The difference between full gold and two tone is HUGE. As for the value, you need to factor in that they need to resell it and all the expenses that go with it. The other option is just try to sell the Daytona yourself.

Maybe shop the Daytona to a few different greys and see if their offers are in the same ballpark as what this place is offering.
samson66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2024, 05:03 AM   #19
IFlyPlanes
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by samson66 View Post
The difference between full gold and two tone is HUGE. As for the value, you need to factor in that they need to resell it and all the expenses that go with it. The other option is just try to sell the Daytona yourself.

Maybe shop the Daytona to a few different greys and see if their offers are in the same ballpark as what this place is offering.

I thought about that but I’m assuming since it’s a trade it will be market value for market value?
Old 22 February 2024, 05:12 AM   #20
INC
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 17000B, B+W
yes
INC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2024, 07:48 AM   #21
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

Yes to your swap. I prefer either moonshines over that tona
ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2024, 09:03 AM   #22
2001jesper
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116234
The speedmaster is a stunner - Great in pictures and even better in real live. Nevertheless, would do the proposed swap and would hang on to that Daytona.

You have even mentioned it yourself 2-3 times in the thread, that you are not ready to let the Daytona go - So dont. No reason to take a rush decision
2001jesper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2024, 09:20 AM   #23
IFlyPlanes
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001jesper View Post
The speedmaster is a stunner - Great in pictures and even better in real live. Nevertheless, would do the proposed swap and would hang on to that Daytona.

You have even mentioned it yourself 2-3 times in the thread, that you are not ready to let the Daytona go - So dont. No reason to take a rush decision

To be honest, I’ve had the Daytona for about a month and haven’t worn it yet. Not because I don’t like it or anything but because I wanted it to be available if something better came along.

Now that I’m faced with parting with it, I’m weighing all options and if I make this trade and get another call for a Daytona I’m not sure I’d be ready for that purchase.

And again, I’d have 3 Speedys so I’d be giving up my only Daytona for a 3rd Speedy which kills the diversity a bit.

On the other side, it’s one of my favorite PMs and I don’t have a PM yet.
Old 22 February 2024, 09:28 AM   #24
illiguy
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Yes without hesitation.
illiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2024, 11:16 AM   #25
Easy E
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by illiguy View Post
Yes without hesitation.
+1. Do it.
Easy E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2024, 11:15 PM   #26
Stevec14
"TRF" Member

Watch: 321, Snoopy 3
If it was the moonshine with the panda dial I’d have done it by now. The green, not so much. But it’s not a bad trade for one with the full bracelet if that’s what you want.

I like the Daytona you have a lot
Stevec14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2024, 11:32 PM   #27
Giovannibravo
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sub| DJ41| 79540
Quote:
So the Moonshine Speedy with green dial was my grail. I was planning on downsizing my collection and turning a few pieces into this one.

Well I found a new one through a dealer with a decent price and have an opportunity to trade for it.

The proposed was a swap between the top two photos for the bottom one.

The dealer asked for $2,000 extra and I walked. A few days later he said he’d do it without the additional cash and now I’m a bit hesitant.

I kind of fell for the Daytona, plus between my Sapphire Sandwich and Snoopy, I feel like it may be redundant.

Thoughts?

Depends what else you have in your collection. I would say that is a fair trade. My advice is to buy the seller.
Giovannibravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 February 2024, 04:03 AM   #28
IFlyPlanes
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giovannibravo View Post
Depends what else you have in your collection. I would say that is a fair trade. My advice is to buy the seller.

This is my current collection plus a Silver Snoopy and a TT DJ.
Old 23 February 2024, 05:53 AM   #29
Tylerlsu2008
"TRF" Member

Without question would make that trade. But in full disclosure, that Daytona is really really not my style (TT and the diamonds).
Tylerlsu2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 February 2024, 05:57 AM   #30
INC
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 17000B, B+W
Quote:
This is my current collection plus a Silver Snoopy and a TT DJ.
++1 YES, NIKE (Just do it!)
INC is offline   Reply With Quote