The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 25 March 2009, 07:56 AM   #61
Nacelle
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timber Loftis View Post
Porsches are on a 20,000 mile maintenance schedule. That's a pretty long haul between oil changes.

I wonder what happens if you drive a Ferrari for 20,000 miles without changing the oil.
LOL!!!

Porsche thru and thru... you just can't beat it!
Nacelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2009, 09:40 AM   #62
Chozn1
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub and President
I had a Porsche Boxster S that I bought when I was 23. Man, it was so much fun. I was around town today though and a Ferrari was in the parking lot of where I was eating lunch. People were actually coming out to look at it. I didn't even like how people looked at me in the Porsche as I'm in a relatively small town, so I don't know how I'd feel about the Ferrari and the attention it would bring.
In search of DayDate
Prior models... Just about everything.
Chozn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2009, 01:03 AM   #63
DSJ
"TRF" Member

Watch: your step!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrdi View Post
Nope, That's Tih Tee for Irani.
http://people.forbes.com/profile/j-j-irani/76752
DSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2009, 12:46 PM   #64
montoya77
"TRF" Member

ferrari all life, porsche is a 24/7 car, too easy to drive without emotion but try a 430 scuderia or a 599 fiorano you all change ideas

maintenance cost for the 599 are out of mind last we've paid 5000€ included tyre change

the only thing is that you can't use it everyday, we use a suv all week than my dad take it on saturday or sunday

and yes Fiat owns 51% of Ferrari but there isn't no fiat tecnology in ferrari
montoya77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2009, 02:24 PM   #65
Yume-sama
"TRF" Member

Watch: Plat. Masterpiece
Hmm, from personal experience... the thrill of owning a Ferrari diminishes after awhile... then you sell it It was good fun for awhile, but, now I don't even own a car. Porsche is FAR too common in Vancouver, though, I couldn't buy one because how would we all tell our 911's apart? It would be pandemonium!
Yume-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2009, 06:04 AM   #66
DSJ
"TRF" Member

Watch: your step!
Quote:
Originally Posted by montoya77 View Post
ferrari all life, porsche is a 24/7 car, too easy to drive without emotion but try a 430 scuderia or a 599 fiorano you all change ideas

maintenance cost for the 599 are out of mind last we've paid 5000€ included tyre change

the only thing is that you can't use it everyday, we use a suv all week than my dad take it on saturday or sunday

and yes Fiat owns 51% of Ferrari but there isn't no fiat tecnology in ferrari

Thanks for weighing in, and welcome to TRF!
DSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2009, 06:58 AM   #67
Launch Mini
"TRF" Member

Watch: can I?
Love both, but would buy a Porsche.
The local dealers keep killing me with very attractive pricing on "my" Cayman S.
Think I might actually take her out for a drive tomorrow.
Friend has an F430. Beautiful, but too high maintenance for my liking. I want something I can drive everyday.

Member # 293
Launch Mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2009, 09:06 AM   #68
ippon20
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16710 (3186)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey View Post
Exactly, once you drive a ferrari then look at a porsche the porsche starts looking like a high priced VW Love Bug LOL
I've driven every one of these cars. When I was in college, me and 3 of my friends started a valet company to make a few bucks for nights out. In all honesty, Porsche is a true driving delight. Ferrari gets great looks. Lamborghini drives almost like a truck at low speeds. I've got a ton of opinions on F355's, F360's, F430's, Diablos, Countach, GT Turbos, 4S's, heck even drove a porsche (forgive me for not knowing) with a panoramic glass roof that retracted. Of all those, the car I remember driving most was a mint 1965 Ford Mustang GT350. The gentleman had just purchased it for a small fortune and it reaked of class. It was running rich and smelled slightly of fuel, the original roll and pleat seats, white and blue (not the hertz model). I distinctly remember looking directly calling my father (who gave me his '67 in high school) and him asking me to look at the ODO and take a picture with my phone camera. Had less than 12,000 miles on her. This was back in 2001, I can only imagine what that car is doing right now. Probably under a sheet waiting for Barrett Jackson in 10 years.

Instagram @pivot_and_spine
ippon20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2009, 10:30 AM   #69
rpryan55
"TRF" Member

Watch: SubND,DD,SSDaytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Launch Mini View Post
Love both, but would buy a Porsche.
The local dealers keep killing me with very attractive pricing on "my" Cayman S.
Think I might actually take her out for a drive tomorrow.
Friend has an F430. Beautiful, but too high maintenance for my liking. I want something I can drive everyday.
John, I had to chime in here. I drove a Cayman for 2 years before I traded her in on a brand new Carrera S. The 987 is, without question, the most fun I've had driving a car. As for being a daily driver, well....I'm in Chicago and we get terrific winters with tons of snow. Put snow tires on her and you can go where SUVs fear to tread. I put 60K miles on mine, so I should know.

The only reason I traded her in was because I needed the rear seats, small as they are. If I hadn't, I'd still be driving her. Great low maintenance costs, great gas mileage, fast, fast, fast (because she corners so perfectly at high speeds you'd be surprised the high-line brands you can smoke) and more fun to drive than a go-kart. The deals are unbelievable on 08 Cayman Ss now. You won't regret it.
rpryan55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2009, 01:15 AM   #70
LinD
"TRF" Member

Watch: New Style DJ
I like both, but I'd resent any car which was considered 'high mileage' if it had more than 11,000 miles on the clock, as is the case with a Ferrari. I drove a 430 Scud on an airfield a couple of weeks ago - it was an amazing experience. Would I like to own that car? No. I like the (comparative) practicality of my Porsche.
LinD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2009, 06:18 AM   #71
Alex Stylianou
"TRF" Member

Skoda.
Alex Stylianou is offline   Reply With Quote