The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Panerai Discussion Forum

Old 15 August 2023, 01:30 PM   #1
R1272
"TRF" Member

P.900 experience(good)

I'm loving my new PAM 1272. I am so glad I made the choice to buy a Panerai.

Part of what held me back from buying it sooner was that I had seen the photos of the undecorated P.900 movement, and I found that to be super lame.

I still think it's BS, but I really wanted a 40mm Luminor Marina on my wrist, and the time was right.

In reality, with the closed back, it's more academic than anything as I'll probably never in my lifetime see the movement. Again, it absolutely should be decorated for the price/brand pride, etc.

With that said...

I received the watch last Wednesday and have been tracking the +/- of it daily with my cell phone clock. I am thrilled to report that the P.900 inside is running only 4 seconds fast in 5 days!

I went from being a little bummed about what's inside to being stoked about how accurate it is.

Is this unheard of? I still can't believe it, but the little second hand is still within the same 2 hash marks that delineate 5 seconds from when I started tracking, and the minutes are correct. Unreal.
R1272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 August 2023, 03:10 PM   #2
rajurama
"TRF" Member

Watch: amacallit
That's nice enjoy your watch. Modern automatic watches if calibrated correctly even the most basic movements should perform well and accurately.
Old 15 August 2023, 07:31 PM   #3
rootbeer7
"TRF" Member

I wouldn’t be too hung up on decoration, particularly with a steel caseback. Rolex movements are utilitarian, but do what they’re supposed to (most of the time). I have 3 older Panerai, 2 of which have the same eta movement, exhibition backs. One decorated & one not. Both are great timekeepers.
Old 5 September 2023, 01:38 PM   #4
Timmer1
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blue Fifty Fathoms
I absolutely love the look of the submersibles in a 42MM but was really put off by the first movement iteration that was not in-house (but claimed in-house) and what seems to be just renaming of the movement. Does anyone have actual inspection of the movements that it is “In-House”?
Timmer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 September 2023, 10:15 PM   #5
wach16
"TRF" Member

Watch: 228239, PAM00684
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmer1 View Post
I absolutely love the look of the submersibles in a 42MM but was really put off by the first movement iteration that was not in-house (but claimed in-house) and what seems to be just renaming of the movement. Does anyone have actual inspection of the movements that it is “In-House”?
If you go with the first iteration of the 42mm Submersibles, 682 or 684, they have the P.9010 movement this is in house and IMO is decorated nicely for the price point.

Rolex 228239
PAM00684
wach16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 September 2023, 10:17 PM   #6
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Congratulations and glad to hear it’s keeping good time
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote