The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 11 April 2024, 03:08 AM   #1
Guppydriver
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 126710BLNR
147 watches. One stainless release?

Did I count that right? Rolex technically released 147 new models this year at W&W.

They had essentially one stainless release (but offered on two bracelets, so technically two). Basically an existing watch with a green hour hand.

The other 145 were precious metal.

I'm frustrated as someone emotionally connected to the brand (to a fault). I work hard all year to be able to afford maybe one SS Rolex annually. They had all year to validate my loyalty and anticipation with something enthusiastic.

I get it. They are a for profit who owes the "regular tool watch Joe" nothing. Maybe it's just my own personal pity party, but I find it reeks of hubris.

Still and always my favorite brand though. Looking forward to the incomings of those that are enamored with the new releases. Best of luck!
Guppydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2024, 03:10 AM   #2
blada4life
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppydriver View Post
Did I count that right? Rolex technically released 147 new models this year at W&W.

They had essentially one stainless release (but offered on two bracelets, so technically two). Basically an existing watch with a green hour hand.

The other 145 were precious metal.

I'm frustrated as someone emotionally connected to the brand (to a fault). I work hard all year to be able to afford maybe one SS Rolex annually. They had all year to validate my loyalty and anticipation with something enthusiastic.

I get it. They are a for profit who owes the "regular tool watch Joe" nothing. Maybe it's just my own personal pity party, but I find it reeks of hubris.

Still and always my favorite brand though. Looking forward to the incomings of those that are enamored with the new releases. Best of luck!
i hear you. i also think the new ss release should be get-able. maybe not this year but in a year or two. right now might be a good time to ask for that ss sub if you dont have one already
blada4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2024, 03:32 AM   #3
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

This could be considered great news, as Rolex seeks to fulfill the backlog of requests.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2024, 03:33 AM   #4
Guppydriver
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 126710BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
This could be considered great news, as Rolex seeks to fulfill the backlog of requests.
Glass half full kind of guy. I never thought of that. I like it.
Guppydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2024, 03:55 AM   #5
jb335
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Cosmograph Daytona
Legendary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jb335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2024, 03:56 AM   #6
jb335
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Cosmograph Daytona
147 watches. One stainless release?

OP, really?

They can’t please all of the people all of the time.

Plenty of existing g SS in the catalog to choose from.

jb335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2024, 04:28 AM   #7
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppydriver View Post
Glass half full kind of guy. I never thought of that. I like it.
Thx.

Look, let's ALL on TRF think.... if Rolex released a Coke it means production allocation. Imho allocating to fill backorders makes more sense.

Coke can always be launched during production 'openings', or dare we say during financially challenging years when as a manufacturer you want to optimize your investment (usage of human capital, resources, etc).

jmho
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2024, 04:34 AM   #8
Krash
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sub, DJ41, GMT
I’m much more concerned about the CPI numbers that came out today. Not good.

Krash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2024, 04:41 AM   #9
2001jesper
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116234
I also see this years releases as a positive for the "common collector". They could easily have overheated the marked if they wanted to.

Further, they have simplified their line-up in recent years with discontinuation the YM II and Milgauss, which surely must be a benefit from a production perspective

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post

Coke can always be launched during production 'openings', or dare we say during financially challenging years when as a manufacturer you want to optimize your investment (usage of human capital, resources, etc).
Agree - Will likely have to wait for a "rainy day" before they give the people what they want
2001jesper is online now   Reply With Quote