The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 25 June 2020, 12:47 PM   #1
wesdaniel
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Varies
Walt Disney Limited Edition 1901

I'm curious about Montblanc Limited Edition pens. I've never considered them before, so haven't paid much of any attention. But, after being in the store this past week and seeing this pen:

Walt Disney Limited Edition 1901

I'm blown away.

I'm curioius - do these pens maintain any value? Or are you usually able to get them at a discount sometime down the road?

It's hard for me to get to the point of spending half of a watch on a pen, but for this one, I might consider it. I just don't want to buy it and then find it for $1K six months down the road.
wesdaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2020, 12:42 AM   #2
jar
"TRF" Member

Watch: Samsung Gear S3
A few have maintained their value but not all and it's pretty much impossible to predict which will fly, which will stumble along and which will fall flat. As an investment pens suck. If you like it and think you will get enough enjoyment from it then jump on it.

After all it's still in the moderate entry level limited edition fountain pen range.
jar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2020, 02:30 AM   #3
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: What's on my wrist
I tend to buy what I like and search for the best deal available. Immediately I can find that pen on eBay for $2950 (reduced over $700) and entertaining best offers (pay even less). I''d have to really, really like a character to spend that much on their pen. None show up on Amazon. The original release Hemingway really appreciated on the other hand.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=808599
HogwldFLTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2020, 04:55 AM   #4
krzy
"TRF" Member

Did you see this pen at the MB store in Fashion Valley?
krzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2020, 06:06 AM   #5
wesdaniel
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krzy View Post
Did you see this pen at the MB store in Fashion Valley?
I did.
Old 27 June 2020, 02:55 PM   #6
wesdaniel
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jar View Post
A few have maintained their value but not all and it's pretty much impossible to predict which will fly, which will stumble along and which will fall flat. As an investment pens suck. If you like it and think you will get enough enjoyment from it then jump on it.

After all it's still in the moderate entry level limited edition fountain pen range.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HogwldFLTR View Post
I tend to buy what I like and search for the best deal available. Immediately I can find that pen on eBay for $2950 (reduced over $700) and entertaining best offers (pay even less). I''d have to really, really like a character to spend that much on their pen. None show up on Amazon. The original release Hemingway really appreciated on the other hand.
Thanks for the feedback, guys. I'm not (at all) looking at the pen as an investment. But, I know that I'd really be angry if I paid even $2,950 for it and ended up seeing it for $1,500 or something later.

I think I'll pass on it and just see if they come up anywhere down the road at some point. It's a beautiful pen, but, I just can't get there in my head.