The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 22 January 2019, 03:33 PM   #31
danestaff
Banned

Watch: 5968a
Quote:
Originally Posted by danestaff View Post
All WOS have a central base of who's bought what etc, but they aRe the hardest for a newbie to buy from, unless u go on there rocking an awesome rare watch and then you might stand a chance

Al Tho with a big purchase history of rolex it should help, its just a shame it doesn't, also they seem to have a turnover of staff, so that makes it hard to build relationships

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

danestaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2019, 03:47 PM   #32
qrc36
"TRF" Member

I got my 5712 (steel bracelet) from WOS Knightsbridge in 2017 - no previous history but was referred by a old loyal client.

They took my (Hong Kong) business card. Waited around 6 months. Wired a deposit over after the watch arrived and then purchased it in store when I visited a few months later.

Other places you may get 5712: I emailed (all) of the AD in Switzerland in 2017, asking for 5712. I have never been to those AD before, so I have zero purchase history with them. This was at the same time as requesting one from WOS Knightsbridge.

I got emails from 3 of them in 2018, telling me that 5712 was available for me to purchase.

And of course Hong Kong is a different game altogether. With the right business card (doctor/lawyer/university professor) and zero purchase history, 5711/5712/5726 in steel usually 2-3 months waiting time (personal experience - I have referred 5 friends to my AD and they all got their watches quickly, all in 2017/2018/2019). The distributor here explicity said they want "good" clients and will do background checks to see this person exists, including calling the number on the business card and checking the person's details online.

[I asked how long it would take for me to get a 5196G ... my AD said it'll be quicker for me to get 5711 because the stock is more stable than 5196G ... they have no idea when 5196G will arrive...]
qrc36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2019, 12:45 AM   #33
Sam Philip
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andygmt2 View Post
Bit of a silly question, but does anyone here with no Patek purchase history able to get on a wait list for a Nautilus model? I ask as all the UK AD’s (Patek) won’t add you unless you’ve purchased at least 2 Pateks? Even though I’ve purchased many Rolexes, these do not count for WoS group.
In December a Patek ambassador at WOS told me that they had changed their company policy again and now they consider all Nautilus and Aquanauts as wish list pieces and managed by their VIP client services. They would only place people on the waiting list if they had purchased Pateks from them before and still the customer will have to wait 2 - 4 years (depending on the watch).

Boodles operates a similar policy but to me their policy seems to be reasonable as they only ask to purchase one Patek or jewellery to get an Aquanaut or a Nautilus and they would get the watch within 6 months.
Sam Philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2019, 09:39 AM   #34
Codik
"TRF" Member

Sometimes I wonder how many gray dealers populate this forum.
Codik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2019, 09:41 AM   #35
Fat_ninja
Banned

Watch: P-01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codik View Post
Maybe a poll?
Fat_ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2019, 03:23 PM   #36
danestaff
Banned

Watch: 5968a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codik View Post
As if they would come clean

danestaff is offline   Reply With Quote