The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 22 January 2019, 06:55 PM   #91
Talisman5755
Banned

Watch: 126711CHNR
Something similar happened to me when I was in the middle east. They called the wrong Englishman apparently. Was resolved with a little complaint in store. I had my watch two weeks later. All the best!
Talisman5755 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2019, 07:37 PM   #92
42itus
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116519LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchmaker View Post
I’m not singling out the OP here but is it not time we all move on from AD bashing and ‘my money’s not good enough here’ chat? . It’s a such a first world problem to not get to buy a $10k toy just because you are an ‘enthusiast, not a flipper’...Not always two different creatures by the way!

Don’t take it personally if a sales person on minimum wage doesn’t make you feel like a VVIP when you’ve never set foot in their shop and you’re the 143 person that week asking for a BLNR. If they could sell you one, they would. Move on and try somewhere else or better yet consider one of the thousands of other beautiful watches out there.

The Rolex bubble won’t last like this forever so just be patient, and don’t whine when you don’t get what you want.
Very well said.
42itus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2019, 07:45 PM   #93
Flying Doctor
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHIII View Post
Which is why I said it’s all about the approach. If you go in, chat with an AD, build some rapport, etc...you have a much greater chance of getting what you want sooner vs. later as well as establishing the relationship.

It’s not all strictly about $$.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Totally - go in, chat, give the sales team some of your time, let them find out a bit about you, why you are interested in watches and talk to them. Its about relationships. If you have a nice watch especially something unusual wear that when you go in - they will for sure want to look at it, ask how you got it etc etc. Then you are far, far more likely to get somewhere when you mention that you really want an xxxxxxxx.

In short, nearly everyone likes a bit of flattery......

FD.
Flying Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2019, 01:41 AM   #94
enginerd
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundserious View Post
Wow. Sucks. What watch were you wearing?
I was rocking my Tudor Big Block Albino. I thought a fellow watch enthusiast might have noticed. It was my "I have this Tudor, but need a Rolex" watch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20171010_153742_resized.jpg (215.4 KB, 126 views)
enginerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2019, 05:05 AM   #95
42itus
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116519LN
That's a nice Tudor!
42itus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2019, 05:39 AM   #96
jsausley
"TRF" Member

Watch: 214270/116710BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by seal13il View Post
Send an email to rolex corporation

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I don't see why Rolex would care. The AD has already bought the watch from Rolex SA, so who the dealer does or does not sell to isn't really that important to the mothership.
Old 23 January 2019, 08:31 AM   #97
dtwer
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by enginerd View Post
Let me clarify. I wore a nice vintage Tudor piece that day in hopes of starting up a conversation with any like minded enthusiast that worked there. The responses from the sales staff seemed entirely auto generated.

I was browsing their current stock (100% professional models) and asked if they had any sports watches in stock.

Them: "No."

Me: "Could I get on the list for a few?" I alluded that there were several that I liked. I'm not a flipper, but of course I didn't utter those exact words...seems like something a flipper would say. ;)

Them: "Have you purchased anything with us before?"....etc.

You know the rest.
LOL! I bet you also purposely rolled up your sleeves or wore short sleeves in order to "show off" your vintage Tudor, didn't you?

If I were the sales person that day I probably would have asked first what you were wearing. Then I would have started the chatter box on watches with you.

But that's because I love Rolexes and all things to do with watches.

I think what you got that day was a sales person who was there to sell things rather than for the love of watch. Nothing wrong with that though; just don't give them your business if they don't resonate with you.

I have been given the "if you have never purchased from us" spiel before by a couple AD's; I just thanked the people and walked away. Don't let this ruin your day.
dtwer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2019, 09:00 AM   #98
jltait
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116200
You can’t always buy at par. Supply and demand. If you really want a particular model, one with a wait list, you have to pay a premium (either by buying PM with large margins, or going grey). If you’re in the market for a ss professional piece, best advice is to avoid the AD entirely. At this point, from what I read on this forum every day, they really can’t help you.
jltait is offline   Reply With Quote