The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex Watch Gallery

Old 25 October 2020, 01:51 PM   #61
Michaeli Paulo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Submariner
A lot of "watch only" or "watch and wedding band" replies, so I thought I'd toss in my story, since it's on the other side of the spectrum.

Although the wearing of jewelry is, without question, an individual choice based on one's personal preference, sometime's it's influenced culturally, as well.

My wife and I spend a lot of time among family and friends of both Italian and Hispanic descent. It is common among many of the men to wear numerous pieces of jewelry, usually composed of a nice watch, a bracelet or chain on the opposite wrist, a wedding band, a pinky ring and a necklace or chain of some sort.

Unfortunately, I lack the deep, full, and strong cultural background of these men, but I have been wearing a set of jewelry for many years, (after having added the Submariner last year, I realized my gear is similar to their style.) When the Submariner arrived, I moved the sterling chain bracelet over to join the sterling cuff.

Again, I didn't realize the similarity until the Rolex was added. Soon afterward, my wife and I both noticed (and admired) an older Hispanic gentleman acquaintance with his gold Rolex and additional gold bracelets, chains and rings. My wife later shared with me that she's always loved that look, which is great, since I thoroughly enjoy wearing all my pieces daily, (including my Submariner, as I'm a one watch guy.)

However, it's not as if this were a contrived "look" which I was attempting to achieve or mimic. Instead, it was simply a cumulative process over many years; each piece was added over time for it's own purpose or reason.

Aside from the SS Submariner and white gold wedding band, everything else is sterling silver.

Michael

Last edited by Michaeli Paulo; 25 October 2020 at 01:53 PM.. Reason: Correction
Michaeli Paulo is offline   Reply With Quote