The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 23 October 2020, 11:23 PM   #1
Paul211
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner 1680
Tudor 1926 movements

I am considering one of these for a family member. I hear good reports that the tweaks that Tudor make to the ETA movement on the BB36 result in excellent timekeeping.

I am wondering if the 1926 model receives the same enhancements or is it a stock ETA movement?

I also read that in the case of Tudor watches, when the time comes for a service they do not actually service your movement, they swap it out for a pre-serviced movement. I can see the efficiency of that as a business model and I can see the sense in it if there is a fault under warranty, but as a general service policy it does not seem to fit with the brand. Is this accurate or just a rumour?
Paul211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2020, 05:19 AM   #2
DutchRudder
Banned

Accurate.

I don't think Tudor do too much with calibre 2671. Its the worst movement used across the two brands. I find it surprising they still make use of it.

As long as your family member isn't intent on obsessing over gain of a few minutes in a month and content to make adjustments every now and then, they'll be fine.
DutchRudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2020, 06:44 AM   #3
Paul211
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner 1680
Thank you for response. Was considering the larger 36mm which is stated to have a 2824 movement - but that does not mean it has the mods of the 2824 used in the BB line. So I wondered.
Paul211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2020, 05:42 PM   #4
DutchRudder
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul211 View Post
Thank you for response. Was considering the larger 36mm which is stated to have a 2824 movement - but that does not mean it has the mods of the 2824 used in the BB line. So I wondered.
The 2824's aren't bad.
DutchRudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2020, 05:48 PM   #5
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul211 View Post
Dont forget in most all ETA movements there are 5 grades the two top grades are chronometer grade and thats what Tudor uses.And when regulated correctly can match a consistent COSC standard.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2020, 07:18 PM   #6
winst
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchRudder View Post
The 2824's aren't bad.
2824 Tudor variation is an excellent movement - I had a Black Bay 41 Blue for a year before I got my Explorer and it kept excellent time. 1926 is an excellent watch for the money, nearly £1000 cheaper than the BB41, same movement, 100m depth rating and great quality bracelet and clasp. Bugger, I think you’ve made me decide I want one now as well!
winst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2020, 02:20 AM   #7
Fred48
Banned

Agree. My Tudors with ETA movements - BB36 and Hydronaut II - have both been extremely accurate with excellent positional adjustment. And, the ETA is very easy to regulate yourself, if you choose to do so.
Fred48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 November 2020, 07:58 PM   #8
JennifferTwyman
Banned

You must have 10 posts in order to post links
JennifferTwyman is offline   Reply With Quote