The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old 31 October 2020, 10:04 AM   #61
2001jesper
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116234
Nothing worse than seeing a sweaty hand and knowing that you have to shake it. Happy for this to pass and transition into someting else
Old 31 October 2020, 10:07 AM   #62
infinitywatches
Banned

Watch: Rolex 228238
I can stand handshakes especially because it's sort of a professional gesture but hugs is a no no for me. It should be left and forgotten in the past.
Old 31 October 2020, 01:16 PM   #63
MichaelFlash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEpro View Post
Nope. I tell them I'm sorry for your loss as I lost my two grandfathers to influenza and to take the necessary precautions for your personal situation. What I don't like are "ideas so good, they're mandatory!"

Educate people of the risk and let them make their own decisions. Don't use government force.
Exactly. But I also have no issue with someone saying I won’t shake your hand if done courteously. If I hear a sanctimonious speech about those who have died and how could you attempt to shake my hands kind of stuff, well, let’s just say they would probably get triggered and have to run to their safe space.
Old 31 October 2020, 03:02 PM   #64
BumbleB
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing you
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelFlash View Post
Exactly. But I also have no issue with someone saying I won’t shake your hand if done courteously. If I hear a sanctimonious speech about those who have died and how could you attempt to shake my hands kind of stuff, well, let’s just say they would probably get triggered and have to run to their safe space.

Right, so if you attempt to shake my hand and I say I don’t shake hands because my wife died of Covid-19 you’re going to do what exactly? Make me run for my safe space? I would like to see who would be running in that situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
♛ Milgauss 116400GV ♛ Deepsea D-Blue 116660 ♛ Submariner 114060 ♛ Submariner 116613LN ♛ Exp. II black 216570 ♛ Exp. II white 226570 ♛ Sky Dweller white 326933 ♛ Sky Dweller Blue 326934 ♛ GMT II 116710 black ♛ GMT II 126710BLRO ♛ GMT II 126711CHNR ♛ GMT II 126710BLNR ♛ Daytona 116509 ♛ DD40 228238 H HUBLOT BIG BANG e ceramic C CHANEL J12 3125 AP 3120 MVT
Old 31 October 2020, 07:00 PM   #65
mountainjogger
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: M99230B-0008
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelFlash View Post
Totally uncalled for remark.

If you asked me to shake hands in my area which is a hot spot, I would ensure that you backed off 6' and politely give you my opinion to try to educate you. And trust me, I won't get triggered. And I won't be running to a safe space.

Stay safe.
Old 31 October 2020, 07:06 PM   #66
mountainjogger
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: M99230B-0008
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonRickles View Post
Hey, what's with all this touchy feely talk anyway? Handshakes, hugs, massages, limp wrists, elbow bumping.. etc. I'm wondering if this is a dating site?
Don, I love you buddy, but you have a one track mind.
Old 31 October 2020, 07:12 PM   #67
infinitywatches
Banned

Watch: Rolex 228238
Quote:
Hey, what's with all this touchy feely talk anyway? Handshakes, hugs, massages, limp wrists, elbow bumping.. etc. I'm wondering if this is a dating site?

A dating thread maybe.
Old 31 October 2020, 08:58 PM   #68
330ci
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumbleB View Post
Right, so if you attempt to shake my hand and I say I don’t shake hands because my wife died of Covid-19 you’re going to do what exactly? Make me run for my safe space? I would like to see who would be running in that situation.

Prolly just say covid killed her not a hand shake and move on with my day because I hate people who pull out the most extreme hypothetical situations and use it as some gold standard for their argument.

Then follow it up with “I’d like to see who’d be running in that situation.” So what, you’re going to chase the guy down who offered a handshake and do what? Get in his 6ft bubble and beat him? Because he offered a handshake? Seems counterproductive to your social distancing.

People don’t even get the chance to offer me a handshake, when you social distance properly, conversations turn into dances, someone takes a step towards you, you take one back. It is very clear by my body language that I want no one in my personal bubble and I haven’t had to ask anyone to respect that yet. If someone can reach a hand out to meet mine, they’re already too close
Old 31 October 2020, 11:09 PM   #69
Knappo 1307
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Sea Dweller
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBR View Post
I thought I was the only one that did that
The fact that I constantly see people walk out of bathrooms without washing their hands for the last 35 years of my work career has left a lasting effect on me.
Sure are a lot of people taking note of what other people do in the bathroom in this thread? I go and do my business, wash up and leave. I'm not looking, taking inventory , or notes on what anyone else is doing...
Old 31 October 2020, 11:50 PM   #70
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 12800ft = 3900m
You could learn a lot from a handshake. C19 has definitely interrupted this custom but I’m sure it will bounce back.
Old 31 October 2020, 11:51 PM   #71
Uncle Wiggley
Banned

Hope not
Old 31 October 2020, 11:51 PM   #72
Uncle Wiggley
Banned

Best way to size up a counterparty
Old 1 November 2020, 03:16 AM   #73
mannyv11
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD,Sub,GMT,Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainjogger View Post
Totally uncalled for remark.

If you asked me to shake hands in my area which is a hot spot, I would ensure that you backed off 6' and politely give you my opinion to try to educate you. And trust me, I won't get triggered. And I won't be running to a safe space.

Stay safe.
completely agree with you.... gotta love those keyboard tough guys
Old 1 November 2020, 03:55 AM   #74
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

Of course in all these threads like this we have the underlying Covid is dangerous pro vs con opinion which is disguised in most cases.

And we seem also to have a lot of people who didn't like being touched pre-Covid, which has shown up in other threads.

It's interesting how these things bubble to the surface.

I guess part of the problem is that some people don't really want to touch other people but are sort of stuck with social customs against their will.

I'll be glad when this damn Covid thing is over and we can slide back into some sort of normalcy. Seems almost amazing that a year ago we were swapping breath, swapping spit and germs with everyone and we barely paid attention.
Old 1 November 2020, 04:30 AM   #75
DonRickles
Banned

Watch: Your mouth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blansky View Post
. Seems almost amazing that a year ago we were swapping breath, swapping spit and germs with everyone and we barely paid attention.
You’re such a tease!
Old 1 November 2020, 04:36 AM   #76
Playinwittime
"TRF" Member

Watch: out! I'm coming.
The last time I used a handshake was after the purchase of a Milgauss Z-Blue in March. I was so over-enthused about the watch, I forgot about the pandemic and offered a handshake to the female salesperson, which was returned. I was quickly chastised outside the boutique by family that accompanied me. I haven't done so since.
Old 1 November 2020, 04:40 AM   #77
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
You’re such a tease!
I know. Dammit I can't help it.

Some say I'm a just a slut and I say no, I'm a people person.
Old 1 November 2020, 12:15 PM   #78
martinr
"TRF" Member

I hope the Tijuana handshake isn’t gone for good.
Old 1 November 2020, 12:19 PM   #79
Old Farmer
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner
I measure a man by his handshake
Old 1 November 2020, 07:29 PM   #80
rolexless
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Nope. I tell them I'm sorry for your loss as I lost my two grandfathers to influenza and to take the necessary precautions for your personal situation. What I don't like are "ideas so good, they're mandatory!"

Educate people of the risk and let them make their own decisions. Don't use government force.
It's sad how many won't stand to make minuscule changes to their daily habits that could potentially save some of their fellow Americans from avoidable illness or death.

If WW2 happened today the US would be a nation of draft dodgers protesting against civil defense and blackout regulations.
Old 1 November 2020, 07:34 PM   #81
uksubman
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LV
I watched a film from 2019 and saw them hugging and shaking hands, first thjng that goes off in uour mind is omg the virus would spread like crazy there. It’s funny but I cant wait to give a good old hand shake and wink to someone
Old 1 November 2020, 07:38 PM   #82
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolexless View Post
It's sad how many won't stand to make minuscule changes to their daily habits that could potentially save some of their fellow Americans from avoidable illness or death.

If WW2 happened today the US would be a nation of draft dodgers protesting against civil defense and blackout regulations.

You have no idea what changes my family has endured for this. Mind your own business and don't pretend to know a thing about me in your ridiculous post. Handshakes don't make me a draft dodger any more than wearing a mask makes you a war hero.
Old 1 November 2020, 08:44 PM   #83
BumbleB
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing you
Quote:
You have no idea what changes my family has endured for this. Mind your own business and don't pretend to know a thing about me in your ridiculous post. Handshakes don't make me a draft dodger any more than wearing a mask makes you a war hero.

Wow, where did the mask come from? I can see where this is going...

I feel sorry for America.

♛ Milgauss 116400GV ♛ Deepsea D-Blue 116660 ♛ Submariner 114060 ♛ Submariner 116613LN ♛ Exp. II black 216570 ♛ Exp. II white 226570 ♛ Sky Dweller white 326933 ♛ Sky Dweller Blue 326934 ♛ GMT II 116710 black ♛ GMT II 126710BLRO ♛ GMT II 126711CHNR ♛ GMT II 126710BLNR ♛ Daytona 116509 ♛ DD40 228238 H HUBLOT BIG BANG e ceramic C CHANEL J12 3125 AP 3120 MVT
Closed Thread