The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 28 September 2016, 03:53 PM   #1
dchang81
2024 Pledge Member

korean patek pricing?

know they tend to run a fair bit higher in korea but was wondering if could get some help as far as pricing in nautilus and aquanaut models.
dchang81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 September 2016, 12:10 AM   #2
Reky
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712/1A
I visited Korea recently and let's just say that their pricing level can be more than 20% the price you find in Singapore or the US.
Reky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 September 2016, 12:29 PM   #3
Kittayos
"TRF" Member

Price there is very steep and zero % discount is guaranteed. I would say on centain models they are listed 30% higher than EU price.
Kittayos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 September 2016, 12:35 PM   #4
kilyung
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sundial
Sounds like I should take a trip there and sell some pieces.
kilyung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 September 2016, 05:20 PM   #5
lapince
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712
Oh I think Kim Jung I don't know what his name is should be interested, he loves ultra luxury things, his dad did too, while 99.5% of the population is starving, a charming family, who executes high officials with canons or anti aircraft guns, which basically disintegrates the person, I like how they roll, roman empire kind of fun, they should be held forever in a psychiatric ward for totally batshit crazy people, when you think he recieved his education in some of the best western schools and universities, at the same time the red khmers' leadership almost all studied in France at the Sorbonne, a good mark for our educational system lol.
Sorry about the rant but I can't stand such awful people, hope he dies young...
lapince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2016, 01:13 AM   #6
rebel_1
"TRF" Member

Arnaud, I bet this topic is about South Korea, not North Korea, but I couldn't agree with you more about North Korea.
Old 30 September 2016, 01:41 AM   #7
KarlS
Banned

The prices are eye watering!!! However they had a good selection
KarlS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2016, 01:55 AM   #8
kilyung
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sundial
Quote:
Originally Posted by lapince View Post
Oh I think Kim Jung I don't know what his name is should be interested, he loves ultra luxury things, his dad did too, while 99.5% of the population is starving, a charming family, who executes high officials with canons or anti aircraft guns, which basically disintegrates the person, I like how they roll, roman empire kind of fun, they should be held forever in a psychiatric ward for totally batshit crazy people, when you think he recieved his education in some of the best western schools and universities, at the same time the red khmers' leadership almost all studied in France at the Sorbonne, a good mark for our educational system lol.
Uh... a little off topic.
kilyung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2016, 02:48 AM   #9
lapince
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilyung View Post
Uh... a little off topic.
Yep, I know, couldn't resist when I hear of such scumbags, sorry Mike
lapince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2016, 06:57 AM   #10
FlyinM3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilyung View Post
Sounds like I should take a trip there and sell some pieces.
Tried that already
If you break even you'll be lucky...the secondary market is brutal because most people prefer to buy new only...
FlyinM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2016, 08:54 PM   #11
sctp39
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyinM3 View Post
Tried that already
If you break even you'll be lucky...the secondary market is brutal because most people prefer to buy new only...
Does that mean take a trip to buy?
sctp39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2018, 12:22 PM   #12
iealdrich
"TRF" Member

Incoming 5524 - oh, never mind

Reviving old thread...

In my hunt for the elusive 5524, I take advantage of my travels around Asia in its search. Work took me to Seoul this week, and off to one of the two in-town Patek shops I went. I had looked online at the website for prices, but Korea is one of those that doesn’t have them listed.

I arrived at the shop and before I stepped in, took a look at the watches in the window displays. Wow! So many references that I hadn’t seen in any of the shops I’ve visited in Hong Kong, Manila, Taipei, Singapore, and outside of Asia, Sydney.

Before long I was sitting with the salesman with four watches in front of me. A 5270G-018, a travel time aquanaut in rose gold and two ladies’ 7118’s. I’m looking at the last two for my wife. After salivating on those beauties, I inquired about a 5524 and was promptly told they’re hard to find. I left my info in case they could find one for me and left. The prices on the watches seemed a bit higher than I’m used to seeing, but I was in a haze, and wasn’t even thinking straight for the excitement of seeing watches that are so hard to find.

As soon as I got back to the hotel, I got a call from a local number. I did not answer, but saw the caller ID and was surprised the call was from the Patek store. Excited, I called them back. I could not believe my ears! I was being offered a 5524! I said I would be back in Seoul at the end of the month to pick it up. Then it occurred to me to ask for the price. After being told, the number seemed high but I said that I would email if I couldn’t make it, said thanks and hung up.

I pulled up the currency converter and the price from the Hong Kong website. I could not believe my eyes! They were asking over $12,000 USD more than retail as compared to Hong Kong! And that’s after figuring for the GST refund at the airport.

So, as much as I’d like to get my hands on a 5524, I had to pass. Now I know why the Korean Patek website doesn’t show prices as so many others do. And that’s probably why so many watches you can’t find in other countries can be found in Korea.

The hunt continues...

iealdrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2018, 09:07 PM   #13
LAFLARE
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapince View Post
Sorry but this is very ignorant. You are portraying all Koreans to fall under the category of homicidal maniacs. There is a HUGE distinction between north and South Korea, included are the people in between and not just the geological location. To say the least, while I agree with you wholeheartedly on the global issue of north korea's inhumanity, but squeezing all Koreans into one box and labeling them all as psychopaths is racist. I am not Korean, but I do know some pretty good Korean people.

Edit: Just realized this is a 2.5 year old thread..my view on racism hasn't changed but I hope in the years that passed, there has been some sort of enlightenment
LAFLARE is offline   Reply With Quote