The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 8 April 2018, 04:14 PM   #31
andyol1966
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek and Rolex
Congrats, a great watch!
andyol1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2018, 04:25 PM   #32
SC11
Banned

Watch: AP ☠️
Congratulation Jorge this is my favourite Nautilus by far

PP guys can I ask a question I always though Patek used a white date wheel which I think is a shame on the 5167a I owned and much prefer the sub dial date on the 5164a but I’ve noticed the pic Mineral posted of his 5980 they have used a coloured date wheel, which they had used a colour coded DW on the 5167!
SC11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2018, 04:39 PM   #33
pam66
"TRF" Member

👍👍👍👍👍 congrats!!!!!!!
pam66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2018, 05:35 PM   #34
RussW
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5990
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
I can't see one coming out now in the old grey/blue dial, and the new vibrant blue would surely only be on a WG or RG piece now.
You could be right Neil. I’m not sure what the logic is with steel Nautilus dial colours.

5980 came in 3 colours, 5711 / 5726 - 2, & 5712 - 1. 5990 does look good in black.
RussW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2018, 05:40 PM   #35
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussW View Post
You could be right Neil. I’m not sure what the logic is with steel Nautilus dial colours.

5980 came in 3 colours, 5711 / 5726 - 2, & 5712 - 1. 5990 does look good in black.
i thought about waiting for a hypothetical blue too but in the end i would still get the grey/black dial if there were both options. Patek has many great blue dials already and the 5990 is more grey than black and its really hard to pull off a great grey dial and Patek nailed it
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2018, 06:03 PM   #36
RussW
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5990
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
i thought about waiting for a hypothetical blue too but in the end i would still get the grey/black dial if there were both options. Patek has many great blue dials already and the 5990 is more grey than black and its really hard to pull off a great grey dial and Patek nailed it
The black dial is lovely Patek make the best dials.
RussW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2018, 10:14 PM   #37
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Congratulations.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2018, 10:21 PM   #38
Vipes
"TRF" Member

Big congrats!
Vipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2018, 10:22 PM   #39
goog53
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex-Patek-AP
Major congrats J! I really like how your collection has shaped up and you are finally back to your “3 Watch Collection” You now have 3 stunners that offer a lot of versatility. I am coming around on the 5990 as you know initially I was somewhat lukewarm on the reference but with your pics and Tyler’s am seeing it in a completely different light. My wife basically told me yesterday after seeing your texts that my 5712/1A is crap and to get your watch . Wear it in good health and let’s meet up soon so I can try on both of your new pieces

"The best watch in the world is the one that's on your wrist." Morgan King

"Do you like having a good time? Then you need a good watch!" Rocky Balboa
goog53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2018, 10:53 PM   #40
Grnvette65
"TRF" Member

Congrats, what a beautiful watch
Grnvette65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2018, 11:00 PM   #41
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC11 View Post

PP guys can I ask a question I always though Patek used a white date wheel which I think is a shame on the 5167a I owned and much prefer the sub dial date on the 5164a but I’ve noticed the pic Mineral posted of his 5980 they have used a coloured date wheel, which they had used a colour coded DW on the 5167!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussW View Post

Guys, I believe these questions are linked because the black/grey dial came out much later than the blue and this seems to be the modern style, date surrounds and in this case a bolder font and black bg.

Quote:
This does look to me more grey than black in most pics, presumably like the 5164 which is also mostly grey, and I think it works really well with SS/WG. However I don't like it so much against RG, I prefer piano black so that's why the 5980/1r has never really grabbed me the same way the choco dial of the 5711/1r did.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2018, 11:28 PM   #42
SDDS
"TRF" Member

Congratulations wear it in good health, its a beautiful peice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rolex Oysterquartz 17000 N series
Rolex OP 41MM 124300 Green Dial
SDDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2018, 11:29 PM   #43
JR16
2024 Pledge Member

Congrats - stunning !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
JR16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2018, 11:31 PM   #44
manilenyo
"TRF" Member

Collecting parameters do shift through time. Congrats on the latest pick up!
manilenyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2018, 11:36 PM   #45
incontrol
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them...
Congrats Jorge! Beautiful watch!

The evolution that takes place every month or so is amazing to watch!
In a short while you will have owned every modern watch ever made. That could be a record.

I love the three watches you still own and look forward to collection changes in the future. Enjoy it!

Old 8 April 2018, 11:48 PM   #46
JorgeCCW
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex,Patek and AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by conkers View Post
Many congrats!

Thanks Roger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richris1 View Post
Outstanding! Congratulations!
Thanks mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikegp View Post
Awesome Jorge. Congrats. What did you sell?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks Mike , and as far as the state of my collection you will see an updated pic on my thread from hoarding to Patek

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5Zigen View Post
Fantastic piece, congrats!

Thanks man

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
Congrats, mate, that's a great piece! Looks like the global sports epidemic has taken another victim.

Thanks Neil , yep this is the sports epidemic is spreading

"Nothing happens until something moves "
Albert Einstein
JorgeCCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2018, 12:05 AM   #47
JorgeCCW
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmi View Post
Congratulations....fantastic watch and addition to the collection. It is truly a great piece

Thanks , yes it is
Quote:
Originally Posted by onmyhand View Post
Congratulations. I totally agree with what you said.

The moment I saw the watch live, I realised my earlier reservations were wrong. It is very well proportioned and beautiful.

I once again thanks Tyler for having enabled me with his postings.

This is a watch that should also be in everyone's collections.

Thanks, well when it was released I didn’t think too much of it. But When I was researching I knew that for a sport watch I needed a Nauti , and I narrow it down and came to the conclusion that this one was the one. Up to that point everything was a rational decision, thereafter the watch just grew on me exponentially.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichiran View Post
Congrats! Great pics and great nautilus!
Thanks mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap1 View Post
Tremendous

Sad to see the 5170 go though. Can’t we all get along
Ik right, thanks man

Quote:
Originally Posted by benlee View Post
Congrats! Excellent pics too!

Thanks bro , pics are good but you are the master my man
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJ320 View Post
Congrats Jorge!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watch Admirer View Post
Amazing watch congrats! But why didn't you wait for the release of the rose gold version which will probably happen soon...
Thanks......Rose Gold on Nauti or Aqua never ever again, last thing I will ever do. Beautiful watches I had that before (5164R and 5712R) ; beautiful watches but that combination of a softer metal and those bezels are just recipe to destroy them ...well on my wrist . I think if you have a RG Aqua or Nauti you have to be one of these 2 kind of people: 1) you simple don’t care if the bezel gets scratched or 2) you are able to take care of them. Unfortunately I am neither of those 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mineral View Post
I have been considering the 5990 for sometime and your comments about this beauty just further affirm me and hat it may be next nautilus for me.

I have the 5980 same Color dial as yours (not typical blue dial) which I also like a lots. I’m sure you will enjoy your 5990. Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks bro, 5990 is slightly thicker than 5980 but I doubt it you can feel that because the difference is slim. The array of complications was what tipped the scale towards the 5990 in my case. 5980 it’s a beautiful classic Nautilus

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonupbklyn View Post
stunner!

Thx bro

Albert Einstein
Old 9 April 2018, 12:17 AM   #48
JorgeCCW
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorx88x View Post
Congrats!!!
Thx man

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel_1 View Post
Congrats Jorge, but this thread is incomplete without a picture of the current collection!
Thx bro , I am planing to post it on my thread conversion from hoarding to Patek

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyol1966 View Post
Congrats, a great watch!
Thanks mate

Quote:
congrats... the 5990 is last years 5164 and is getting some major love around here and well deserved as its such an amazing watch
Thanks bro , yeah hard to beat a fly back Chrono with time travel complication ,”on a Nauti ! “

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1William View Post
Congratulations.
Thx

Quote:
Originally Posted by goog53 View Post
Major congrats J! I really like how your collection has shaped up and you are finally back to your “3 Watch Collection” You now have 3 stunners that offer a lot of versatility. I am coming around on the 5990 as you know initially I was somewhat lukewarm on the reference but with your pics and Tyler’s am seeing it in a completely different light. My wife basically told me yesterday after seeing your texts that my 5712/1A is crap and to get your watch . Wear it in good health and let’s meet up soon so I can try on both of your new pieces
Thx mike , 3 is the number my man . This is a lot of watch bro , don’t let the name Nautilus (that you can easily categorize in your head as a merely sport watch) fool you. This watch has a fabulous array on complications that comes in a hot look that goes with the current thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam66 View Post
congrats!!!!!!!
Thx

Quote:
Originally Posted by manilenyo View Post
Collecting parameters do shift through time. Congrats on the latest pick up!

Yes they do , thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC11 View Post

Thanks , I am loving it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grnvette65 View Post
Congrats, what a beautiful watch
Thanks mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR16 View Post
Congrats - stunning !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipes View Post
Big congrats!
Thanks mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDDS View Post
Congratulations wear it in good health, its a beautiful peice

Thanks, I will

Quote:
Originally Posted by incontrol View Post
Congrats Jorge! Beautiful watch!

The evolution that takes place every month or so is amazing to watch!
In a short while you will have owned every modern watch ever made. That could be a record.

I love the three watches you still own and look forward to collection changes in the future. Enjoy it!

Thanks Kevin , yes it’s been a wild road but fun for sure , love the 3 I have now; I guess time will tell
Cheers !

Albert Einstein
Old 9 April 2018, 12:20 AM   #49
JorgeCCW
"TRF" Member

Albert Einstein
Old 9 April 2018, 12:44 AM   #50
Jay (Eire)
2024 Pledge Member

I've watched your collection evolve and appreciate you sharing that process here. You've had some great pieces and it sounds like you are excited to add this one.

I may be one of the few however that has little time for this reference. Some of that is personal, it's just too large for me to wear, and some of that is just believing that a number of these "complicated" Nautilus are just too far away from the refinement of the original.

In the sports watch world Rolex is a tool, AP Royal Oak brought a higher level of finish (case, bracelet) and a specific look at an unheard of price point (back then), PP then followed the trend and brought refinement and some finesse.

Somewhere along the way PP lost the vision on the Nautilus. A sports watch doesn't have to be thick, surely Patek could recognize that.

Up until Baselworld it seemed to me that the Nautilus line just deteriorated the further away you get from the 5711. With the introduction of the Perpetual it seems order might be restored. I would hope that in the next few years we see much of this bulk lost on the Nautilus line and all complications return to slimmer cases with the refinement and finesse that Patek should be delivering.

Jay (Eire) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2018, 12:46 AM   #51
red1108nyc
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex
The perfect Patek. Congrats and enjoy in good health
red1108nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2018, 12:50 AM   #52
JorgeCCW
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1108nyc View Post
The perfect Patek. Congrats and enjoy in good health

Thanks my friend , best decision I ever made

Albert Einstein
Old 9 April 2018, 01:52 AM   #53
soundserious
"TRF" Member

Beautiful watch, congrats.
Old 9 April 2018, 02:06 AM   #54
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay (Eire) View Post
I've watched your collection evolve and appreciate you sharing that process here. You've had some great pieces and it sounds like you are excited to add this one.

I may be one of the few however that has little time for this reference. Some of that is personal, it's just too large for me to wear, and some of that is just believing that a number of these "complicated" Nautilus are just too far away from the refinement of the original.

In the sports watch world Rolex is a tool, AP Royal Oak brought a higher level of finish (case, bracelet) and a specific look at an unheard of price point (back then), PP then followed the trend and brought refinement and some finesse.

Somewhere along the way PP lost the vision on the Nautilus. A sports watch doesn't have to be thick, surely Patek could recognize that.

Up until Baselworld it seemed to me that the Nautilus line just deteriorated the further away you get from the 5711. With the introduction of the Perpetual it seems order might be restored. I would hope that in the next few years we see much of this bulk lost on the Nautilus line and all complications return to slimmer cases with the refinement and finesse that Patek should be delivering.

says the guy with the Panerai avatar... the pinnacle of big and thick watches.
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2018, 02:09 AM   #55
JorgeCCW
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay (Eire) View Post

If you don’t like this , I can’t help
Sorry

Albert Einstein
Old 9 April 2018, 02:13 AM   #56
JorgeCCW
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundserious View Post
Beautiful watch, congrats.

Thanks man

Albert Einstein
Old 9 April 2018, 03:01 AM   #57
kingofthehill
"TRF" Member

Jorge,

Congratulations on this excellent addition to your collection; your photos and debates over this timepiece with other members on this forum, including owners, has begun to really drive my interest in this reference!
kingofthehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2018, 04:00 AM   #58
SL BRABUS
"TRF" Member

Watch: Only Rolex & Patek
Congratulations brother Jorge .....!!!

Do you still follow your 4 rules of watch collection.....

1) Dressy complicated
2) Power Watch
3) Sport watch
4) Humble watch

So which one this fall into......

Best Regards,
Tony

"SL BRABUS" aka BenzWorld Undercover Moderator
SL BRABUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2018, 04:12 AM   #59
JorgeCCW
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SL BRABUS View Post
Congratulations brother Jorge .....!!!

Do you still follow your 4 rules of watch collection.....

1) Dressy complicated
2) Power Watch
3) Sport watch
4) Humble watch

So which one this fall into......

Best Regards,
Tony
Don’t know if you read the my post (#1) on this thread. But I said my view of watches has change dramatically in the last 3 weeks. Basically I am morphing My views with the current trend of “sport watches are hot now and dressy complicated are not “ . So basically I joined rule 1) with 3) , that makes a “sport complicated” choice.

You have to morph with current times my friend, if you don’t you remain outdated. Nothing can be definitive

Cheers

Albert Einstein
Old 9 April 2018, 04:15 AM   #60
nyc2la
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16660
Congrats again, Jorge! Great addition.