The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Closed Thread

Old 16 April 2011, 08:44 PM   #31
ally
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer 2011 View Post
From my observations on this forum I always had Faingator down as a good seller with many good feedbacks.? Be good to see his response. I would certainly deal with him and trust him up to now from what I've seen.

Agreed, although never delt with him myself.

Gasman have you tried the watch over a period of time too see if it settles into a regular pattern ?

Hope this gets sorted out soon
16610 LV.
Old 16 April 2011, 09:03 PM   #32
mike
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Brian View Post
My post occurred several minutes before your recent change of heart post, in reply to your earlier unhelpful, and IMHO, disrespectful post.
I'm not a mod, but I will feel free to point out the increasing number of unkind posts that are occurring on this forum. Do you really think that telling the OP to "
next time buy it from a real dealer..how hard's that?" is helpful?
Seems like a kick while he is down, something that another member already pointed out to you.
Feel free to be offended by my pointing this out to you. This forum will only be better with the membership policing itself and drawing attention to disrespectful posts.

Nicely said. I've noticed a tendency to rudness as well. At least one won't be indulging any more.
Old 16 April 2011, 09:16 PM   #33
Welshwatchman
"TRF" Member

I'm sure that Faingator will get this sorted.

He sells a lot of watches off our free service and it would not be sensible to get himself a bad reputation.
Old 16 April 2011, 09:18 PM   #34
gasman94
"TRF" Member

Thank you for the responses. In response to AlexGmail, the watch I purchased was a Pepsi dial GMT II. I looked and called every AD in my area. No one had any left in stock. Not surprising given how long they have been out of production. The used market was my only option.

Luckily, I live a stones throw from the Dallas RSC. I am going to drop the watch off on Monday, and have them take care of it. I will eat the cost as a learning experience and enjoy the watch.

On the plus side, this situation has gotten me more involved in this forum. It is a really good site and I hope to be more active here in the future, beyond just lurking and researching sellers.

Cheers
Gasman
Old 16 April 2011, 09:41 PM   #35
sweeper

Watch: 5512 LVc BLNR
Well Faingator, what gives???
Old 16 April 2011, 10:03 PM   #36
bayerische
"TRF" Member

Watch: Smurf
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeper View Post
Interesting first post...
Old 16 April 2011, 10:49 PM   #37
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Watch: I like to...
Quote:
Hi AlexGmail, (not) nice to see you again.

“A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.” - Hunter S. Thompson
Old 16 April 2011, 10:53 PM   #38
Jan Davis
Fake Identity Cyber-Criminal

Watch: DateJust
Quote:
Fangator is a excellent seller, all I see are great remarks, give him time to respond. The watch is used and needs some tweaking nothing to be concerned over.
Old 16 April 2011, 10:53 PM   #39
Dr.Brian
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing the market.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosco View Post
Hi AlexGmail, (not) nice to see you again.

十人十色
Old 16 April 2011, 11:02 PM   #40
HL65
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: One on my wrist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexGmail View Post
no problem...it doesn't make me mad..don't worry
Not a good way to make friends around here! If you don't have anything constructive to say--don't say anything.

SPEM SUCCESSUS ALIT
Old 16 April 2011, 11:52 PM   #41
gregmoeck
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek
He should refund, you're not satisfied
Old 17 April 2011, 12:15 AM   #42
train-time
"TRF" Member

Watch: All gone!
The OP did some due diligence in reading feedback reports; good feeback may be easy to receive when all goes well, but the true mark of a Trusted TRF Seller is tested in the face of adversity.

Hopefully these issues will be resolved amicably and with respect to both parties without haste.
Old 17 April 2011, 12:28 AM   #43
Naples09
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by train-time View Post
The OP did some due diligence in reading feedback reports; good feeback may be easy to receive when all goes well, but the true mark of a Trusted TRF Seller is tested in the face of adversity.

Hopefully these issues will be resolved amicably and with respect to both parties without haste.
+1! And no response from the seller in close to 24 hours, which is odd in my book. BTW, he posted in another section of the forum last night.

To the OP, I hope all works out and you can enjoy that new watch!

In regards to buying on TRF, I look at two items when looking at the for sale section on TRF.

1. Is the seller a Pledge Member - shows that they appreciate TRF and want to give back to the forum which allows them to trade/sell watches.
2. Does the seller contribute in the regular forums. I don't want to buy a watch from a guy that is only posting in the "for sale section" and only post comments in the "good guy/bad guy" section.

I know most of the trusted TRF sellers fit both of my requirements.
Old 17 April 2011, 12:36 AM   #44
chicagofan
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Agree. Excellent points.
Old 17 April 2011, 02:01 AM   #45
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naples09 View Post
+1! And no response from the seller in close to 24 hours, which is odd in my book. BTW, he posted in another section of the forum last night.

To the OP, I hope all works out and you can enjoy that new watch!

In regards to buying on TRF, I look at two items when looking at the for sale section on TRF.

1. Is the seller a Pledge Member - shows that they appreciate TRF and want to give back to the forum which allows them to trade/sell watches.
2. Does the seller contribute in the regular forums. I don't want to buy a watch from a guy that is only posting in the "for sale section" and only post comments in the "good guy/bad guy" section.

I know most of the trusted TRF sellers fit both of my requirements.

Unfortunately this seller does not fit the #1 & 2 description.
Old 17 April 2011, 02:24 AM   #46
train-time
"TRF" Member

Watch: All gone!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gasman94 View Post
Thank you for the responses. In response to AlexGmail, the watch I purchased was a Pepsi dial GMT II. I looked and called every AD in my area. No one had any left in stock. Not surprising given how long they have been out of production. The used market was my only option.

Luckily, I live a stones throw from the Dallas RSC. I am going to drop the watch off on Monday, and have them take care of it. I will eat the cost as a learning experience and enjoy the watch.

On the plus side, this situation has gotten me more involved in this forum. It is a really good site and I hope to be more active here in the future, beyond just lurking and researching sellers.

Cheers
Gasman

You may be surprised when you take the watch to Dallas RSC for regulation. You have a pre-owned GMT that is most likely 4 to 6 years old and not under warranty. My guess is that it has never been to RSC for service either. They will regulate watches under warranty, but IMO they will want to do a full service ($550+) and probably will not regulate it without the service. You may have to go to an independent watch service to just get it regulated.
Old 17 April 2011, 03:12 AM   #47
TempoKing
Banned

Watch: Rolex GMT 1675
Quote:
You may be surprised when you take the watch to Dallas RSC for regulation. You have a pre-owned GMT that is most likely 4 to 6 years old and not under warranty. My guess is that it has never been to RSC for service either. They will regulate watches under warranty, but IMO they will want to do a full service ($550+) and probably will not regulate it without the service. You may have to go to an independent watch service to just get it regulated.
x2........Exactly what I thought when I read the story
Old 17 April 2011, 03:19 AM   #48
Kanger
Banned

Watch: Sea Dweller
I will tell you a story about Faingator, but keep in mind that I have not dealt with him directly. I am friends with a big sellers on the forum and he once shared with me the story. About three weeks ago Faingator was advertising a GMT II 16710 with 3186 movement for the high 6000s. Having done tremendous research on such specimen, I knew that the 3186 started in the Z8 at the earliest, yet his was a Z6. We both found it curious because my powerseller friend has sold at least 10 Z6 and even Z7 GMT II and they each had 3185 movements. Afterwards my seller friend calls Faingator, who explains that he had opened the case and saw the 3186 with his own eyes. We were both suspicious but what can we do?

Three days later he reposts the ad and explains that the movement is actually 3185... figures...
Old 17 April 2011, 04:21 AM   #49
faingator
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Deepsea
I have been a TRF member since Nov 2009. I've conducted myself as required by the rules of the forum. I post periodically to the general forums, sell, and buy watches here on TRF. I've communicated with some extremely nice members. I've never been rude or disrespectfully to anyone on the forum.

I described a pre-owned watch as accurately as I could. I timed the watch and it was +2 in a 24 hr period. This information was given to the buyer prior to the sale. Any question the buyer had prior to the sale, he asked and I answered.

IMO, the watch I sold is working fine. If the buyer wants to regulate the watch to his specification, he has every right to do that but he should bare the cost.
Rolex Explorer II White V-Series
Rolex Yachtmaster SS M-Series
Old 17 April 2011, 04:39 AM   #50
britincali
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16600,16570,6098
Thats the nicest way of telling someone to pound sand that Ive ever seen!
Old 17 April 2011, 04:43 AM   #51
Brit78
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshwatchman View Post
I'm sure that Faingator will get this sorted.

He sells a lot of watches off our free service and it would not be sensible to get himself a bad reputation.
I must admit, this post really struck me. While I am merely expressing my own opinion, I personally think that if you use this fine community for business purposes, as I occasionally do, it is only fair/right to contribute. Just my $0.02.
Old 17 April 2011, 04:47 AM   #52
STEELINOX
2024 ROLEX DATE-JUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ROLEX-less atm...
Quote:
Originally Posted by faingator View Post
I have been a TRF member since Nov 2009. I've conducted myself as required by the rules of the forum. I post periodically to the general forums, sell, and buy watches here on TRF. I've communicated with some extremely nice members. I've never been rude or disrespectfully to anyone on the forum.

I described a pre-owned watch as accurately as I could. I timed the watch and it was +2 in a 24 hr period. This information was given to the buyer prior to the sale. Any question the buyer had prior to the sale, he asked and I answered.

IMO, the watch I sold is working fine. If the buyer wants to regulate the watch to his specification, he has every right to do that but he should bare the cost.
which means, you really have not addressed the OPs statments herein this thread to the best of your ability, jmho, sees em as I reads em !

*Positive Waves Baby*
Lug Hole Loyalist / Chamfer Line Inspector
INFORTHE WIN
Old 17 April 2011, 04:48 AM   #53
gregmoeck
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek
just refund and be done with it
Old 17 April 2011, 04:49 AM   #54
STEELINOX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brit78 View Post
I must admit, this post really struck me. While I am merely expressing my own opinion, I personally think that if you use this fine community for business purposes, as I occasionally do, it is only fair/right to contribute. Just my $0.02.
Agree and as many sellers here do in fact pay into the system; its just good biz, professionally, ethically and all things as that "appear" on the surface !

*Positive Waves Baby*
INFORTHE WIN
Old 17 April 2011, 04:50 AM   #55
gasman94
"TRF" Member

Richard, glad you are here to respond. I still contend that the watch I received was not as you described. I purchased a watch with perfect case and bezel running +2 sec per day as per your description. You sent me a watch watch running +23 seconds fast with a ding in the right upper lug (which you later acknowledged via email and can be seen in your sale pictures) as well as a pinpoint ding in the 12 number on the bezel (which you deny is present but can clearly be seen in your sale picture in the curve of the 2 in the number 12 part of the bezel). I assumed the defects were lint/dust since your answer to my direct questions on the matter said the case and bezel were perfect.

I contacted you less 8 hours after purchase with my concerns. It wasn't like I kept it 2 weeks and then complained. If the watch was truly in the condition you described, you could have easily allowed me to return it and then you could simply sell to someone else. Why make me send the watch to RSC for a written evaluation (which you refused to pay for) that the watch was not mechanically functioning properly simply to allow me to return a watch that I had in my possession less than half a day?
Old 17 April 2011, 04:52 AM   #56
STEELINOX

Sorry to say Faingator, but you are "spinning into the ground" !

IBTL

*Positive Waves Baby*
INFORTHE WIN
Old 17 April 2011, 04:57 AM   #57
mjm800
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by faingator View Post

Well OK I can respect that and I hope you will respect that I will never even consider buying from you.
Old 17 April 2011, 04:59 AM   #58
Dr.Brian
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing the market.
I'm not sure what is more of a shame, the way this is being handled or the fact that this very prolific seller has not contributed even $25 to pledge and support the forum that has made him a great deal of money. I'm not sure why Steve allows that. The ability to post in the sales forum should be a privilege of forum patrons only, IMHO. It's only fair.
BTW, of your last 250 posts, zero were related to anything but sales. It's clear why you're here.

十人十色
Old 17 April 2011, 05:05 AM   #59
Welshwatchman
"TRF" Member

Everyone remember to keep it as polite as possible.

You are all welcome to give your opinions though. Me, I'd have refunded by now.

My reputation (such that it may be) is more important than a couple of quid/bucks.
Old 17 April 2011, 05:06 AM   #60
BH13GMT
"TRF" Member

Watch: and learn
Am i missing something or do I recall the Op stating the case wasnt quite as described. The issue seems to be more than the watch needing regulation.

Rolex Sub 1680, Rolex GMT 116710LN, Rolex Datejust 16220 Salmon Dial (the Mrs), Tudor BB58, Tudor Pelagos Blue and Several Seiko's
"last one in the chopper is a rotten egg" Jonathan Quayle Higgins III
Closed Thread