The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 12 October 2019, 09:14 AM   #31
turboevo2
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT2C
Just get your deposit back and invest it first. Within 2-3 years problem is that AP will increase prices during those times so your price will be higher. Just look at another AD or gray market.
turboevo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 October 2019, 04:09 AM   #32
rockdrock
"TRF" Member

2- 3 years? Are you sure they don’t have you for a 15202ST blue dial instead?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
rockdrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 October 2019, 08:51 AM   #33
lllouisv1126
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdrock View Post
2- 3 years? Are you sure they don’t have you for a 15202ST blue dial instead?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I wish:) its a 15500 not 15202 I’m pretty sure
lllouisv1126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 October 2019, 09:04 AM   #34
lllouisv1126
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp. View Post
It’s the same for both orchard and MBS boutiques when I spoke to each respective boutique’s manager. They wouldn’t take a deposit if they cannot deliver the watch within the same year.
May I know is this in 2019? The orchard boutique manager is a lady?
Old 14 October 2019, 03:16 AM   #35
tp.
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllouisv1126 View Post
May I know is this in 2019? The orchard boutique manager is a lady?
Yes recently. Both boutique managers are ladies in fact.
tp. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2019, 09:55 AM   #36
lllouisv1126
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp. View Post
Yes recently. Both boutique managers are ladies in fact.
Ok. Thanks. I’ll have a chat with her
Old 14 October 2019, 10:45 AM   #37
wesleyvs
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex,Panerai & PP
I guess back in March when you put the deposit they didn’t know it would be so sought after piece and going high on the market....
So my guess is they are using for this moment (as long as it takes with these crazy prices) the blue ones for good big deals and big clients that take hard to sell pieces to get a 15500 blue one.

Cheers
wesleyvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2019, 10:48 PM   #38
goog53
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex-Patek-AP
Don’t freak out! I have placed deposits and waited with no time frame and things always worked out (not with AP). The fact that they took a deposit is a good thing

"The best watch in the world is the one that's on your wrist." Morgan King

"Do you like having a good time? Then you need a good watch!" Rocky Balboa
goog53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2019, 11:53 PM   #39
Humble michael
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5711 white , 5990,
You need to get your money back! In 3 years they will have another story.I would ask them about getting deposit back,I bet they will refuse. Then I hope you used AMX and can dispute charge. These people lied to you and they will lie again! They have swallowed your money! Hope you can get it back - 2-3 years is ridiculous!
Humble michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2019, 01:11 AM   #40
lllouisv1126
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by james272 View Post
You need to get your money back! In 3 years they will have another story.I would ask them about getting deposit back,I bet they will refuse. Then I hope you used AMX and can dispute charge. These people lied to you and they will lie again! They have swallowed your money! Hope you can get it back - 2-3 years is ridiculous!
Chill man:) appreciate your advice though.

Do you have any horrible stories with AP to share? I know some ADs do that and I have encountered one before for a Rolex but I hope AP boutique is in a different league
Old 15 October 2019, 01:48 AM   #41
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

A deposit for a 2-3 year wait?

You gotta be kidding me, I would get to a decision maker either at the boutique or HQ. That is nonsense and if this story is accurate...... I would be furious.

I have not had the best experiences thus far with AP boutiques. Lost our local AP AD to this boutique only model and I have not been impressed.
V25V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2019, 05:05 AM   #42
solrac6262
2024 Pledge Member

Money back for sure
solrac6262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 October 2019, 05:26 PM   #43
Noak
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grievor View Post
I was told that the waitlist or deposit list open for a short window every year and once they hit their quota they stop taking deposits altogether. So being able to place a deposit is a positive sign already. But then again the Blue 15500st is a hot piece and I think it's natural they don't receive that many a year compared to the other color variants. I myself tried to place a deposit for a blue in Singapore without a purchase history and was kindly turned down. I did got onto the 15500st black waitlist and have since placed my deposit with them and was given a 1 year estimate. I was told that if they do not deliver a watch within that 1 year time frame they will refund me the deposit should I wish. At any rate, just be patient they have a long list of clients who have purchased way more and are queueing up for it. Blue dials are reserved for those with purchase history. Hope you get yours soon!

I agree with what grevior mentioned here. I was told the same thing by my SA at AP boutique MBS regarding waitlist and allocation and that I won’t be able to get the 15500ST blue dial anytime soon (1-2 years). She won’t accept any deposit either since I won’t be able to get an allocation.

As for deposit practice, i had to put down a 50% deposit for 26237ST as an allocation is available and I received the watch 4 months later. I would assume that as long as the boutique does not have stock of the model you want, you will need to place a deposit.

I have all but given up hope for a 15500ST blue dial and went for a 5167R instead.

Hope OP can get his 15500ST sooner than quoted. I was told of a long waitlist in SG for the blue dial and the allocation given here isn’t huge either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Noak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 October 2019, 02:15 AM   #44
lllouisv1126
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noak View Post
I agree with what grevior mentioned here. I was told the same thing by my SA at AP boutique MBS regarding waitlist and allocation and that I won’t be able to get the 15500ST blue dial anytime soon (1-2 years). She won’t accept any deposit either since I won’t be able to get an allocation.

As for deposit practice, i had to put down a 50% deposit for 26237ST as an allocation is available and I received the watch 4 months later. I would assume that as long as the boutique does not have stock of the model you want, you will need to place a deposit.

I have all but given up hope for a 15500ST blue dial and went for a 5167R instead.

Hope OP can get his 15500ST sooner than quoted. I was told of a long waitlist in SG for the blue dial and the allocation given here isn’t huge either.

Coincidentally spoke to my SA in orchard boutique again. He is telling me same things how lucky was I to be able to put a deposit, how sort after the blue is and the waiting time is still 2-3 years. I politely told my SA that I want to speak to the manager. In your case, your SA didn’t want to take ur deposit because he/she could not get you an allocation which I think is the right thing to do. In my case, my SA took my deposit and get me to buy another watch, yet still told me the wait is 2-3 year without any guarantee — that to me is as good as not getting an allocation.

Let’s see how the meeting with the boutique manager goes..
Old 20 October 2019, 04:48 AM   #45
Blah114aa
Banned

Watch: Iphone
In my opinion, none of this is worth the time. My opinion is my own. It’s like interviewing to be good enough to buy a watch. I would love to attain an AP someday..I can quite easily afford one, but after reading stories like this, I’m not sure I want to patronize a brand whose ADs act in this manner. I apologize if this offends anyone. I’ve never had any Rolex, JLC, or even patek AD treat me like this, or require deposits. This seems a very shady practice. Perhaps Rolex will start doing this one day, but I hope not. When all the hype dies down, and this frenzy stops one day , it will be comical to see ADs actually treating customers with respect. Or return their calls or texts expediently. Perhaps they can’t keep up... threads like this are why I’ve stuck with Rolex, patek, vacheron, and jlc. If nothing else, you’d think the sales person would be grateful and enthusiastic for a “first AP purchase.”
Blah114aa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 October 2019, 06:24 AM   #46
pkincy
"TRF" Member

I can't help with any Boutique but did go to Westime (SoCal AD) last week looking for a 15500 without specifying the dial. He smiled and said sorry. He has presold his 2019 allocation and has not been given his allocation for 2020 (I hear that the ADs are being cut out in lieu of watches going to the Boutiques) and no matter what that allocation is, he had more people on the list than he would be able to get next year.
pkincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 October 2019, 09:41 AM   #47
Noak
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllouisv1126 View Post
Coincidentally spoke to my SA in orchard boutique again. He is telling me same things how lucky was I to be able to put a deposit, how sort after the blue is and the waiting time is still 2-3 years. I politely told my SA that I want to speak to the manager. In your case, your SA didn’t want to take ur deposit because he/she could not get you an allocation which I think is the right thing to do. In my case, my SA took my deposit and get me to buy another watch, yet still told me the wait is 2-3 year without any guarantee — that to me is as good as not getting an allocation.

Let’s see how the meeting with the boutique manager goes..

Hope things turn out well for you.

Old 20 October 2019, 09:43 AM   #48
Noak
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blah114aa View Post
In my opinion, none of this is worth the time. My opinion is my own. It’s like interviewing to be good enough to buy a watch. I would love to attain an AP someday..I can quite easily afford one, but after reading stories like this, I’m not sure I want to patronize a brand whose ADs act in this manner. I apologize if this offends anyone. I’ve never had any Rolex, JLC, or even patek AD treat me like this, or require deposits. This seems a very shady practice. Perhaps Rolex will start doing this one day, but I hope not. When all the hype dies down, and this frenzy stops one day , it will be comical to see ADs actually treating customers with respect. Or return their calls or texts expediently. Perhaps they can’t keep up... threads like this are why I’ve stuck with Rolex, patek, vacheron, and jlc. If nothing else, you’d think the sales person would be grateful and enthusiastic for a “first AP purchase.”

The AP boutiques at Orchard and MBS are run by AP themselves.

Old 20 October 2019, 10:00 AM   #49
conkers
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
When you say Orchard do you mean Liat Towers? If so the manager is Bindy and she is very helpful.
Old 20 October 2019, 04:02 PM   #50
jenniferjanef
"TRF" Member

Just in case you need someone more authoritative you can contact Ms Stefanie Ng.. AP S.E.A. CEO.. PM me if you need her contact.

As what Roger suggested above, talk to Ms Bindy first. She is very helpful.

Good luck.
jenniferjanef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2019, 12:27 AM   #51
lllouisv1126
"TRF" Member

Latest update:

The boutique assistant manager called. Explained the current situation and told me that I’m No. 15 in queue. They have no more allocation for this year and new allocation list will come by Q1 2020, where they expect to get 1 pc of 15500 blue per month, for some months 2pcs. She gave the assurance that I should be getting mine by end 2020 / early 2021. I also got her to send me a text what she mentioned above, for the record. Overall the conversation is pleasant and definitely better than “2-3 years without any elaboration”

So I guess I’ll let the matter rest for the time being.

Really appreciated all your advice and contributions.