The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2 September 2019, 10:13 PM   #20
bp1000
"TRF" Member

I picked this watch up this time last year. When they first came out

I collect mainly chronographs of all brands

This watch is certainly an interesting watch. As speedmasters go it’s a very good watch for a collector. Rare being a pulsometer. Omega don’t release many of these. It also looks different from virtually any other speedmaster which again is another plus point for a collector. Not only because it’s based on the 39.8mm ck2998 straight lugged case but because it’s a panda dial pulsometer.

Granted these are all plus points for a collector but not necessarily someone who wants to buy an omega / speedmaster.

For me it’s a fantastic addition to my collection as I usually buy watches with interesting or colourful dials.

Even I’m not brave enough to post that it’s better than a Daytona on a Rolex forum. One of the most sought after watches in terms of current style and investment in the world. The ck2998 trade at about 20% above rrp and initially took a few weeks to shift and now they are moving used more quickly.

The reality is, whilst it’s a great and interesting watch it’s not better than any Daytona.

The two watches feel so different. Whilst the quality of the omega is quite a way off the Daytona, ignoring the heft, they both have interesting character vs the plain dial counterparts

Ps I wouldn’t pick the pulsometer as a one watch for life. But would easily choose the blue dial or white dial steel Daytona for life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bp1000 is offline   Reply With Quote