The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 12 October 2019, 10:17 AM   #61
Michael T
2024 Pledge Member

I would spend a liitle bit more and get the 5524r. I think it is much better looking and will perform value-wise in the long run.
Michael T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 October 2019, 10:39 AM   #62
golfski
"TRF" Member

Watch: me whip & nay nay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pateks View Post
Anyone know the strap size that will fit the 5524? Mine is locked up in the safe and I don’t have access to it.

Want to order a new strap for it. Saw some on amazon but don’t know which size to order. Ty
It is 21mm at the lugs (21.1mm actually I believe) and then 18mm at the buckle. I prefer an untappered strap. I’ve read a 22mm usually fits if it’s a little stretchable like a thin leather
golfski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 October 2019, 10:51 AM   #63
Pateks
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfski View Post
It is 21mm at the lugs (21.1mm actually I believe) and then 18mm at the buckle. I prefer an untappered strap. I’ve read a 22mm usually fits if it’s a little stretchable like a thin leather
Ty!
Pateks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 October 2019, 11:56 AM   #64
ts3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreguetRolex View Post
Watches are just Cameras or Audio Equipment with the "TIRE KICKERS" with tons of rubbish reasons with only one reason the problem.. "THE PRICE"..! I see it every day in every field I'm in.. When one buys a 12,000.00 Leica Noctilux lens, you will hear that it does not fit ones needs HAH..:)
Nah... It's not about price, which in my experience is a non-factor for most on here when it comes to what they like or don't. If anything, you might argue that what you call "rubbish reasons" is a way for people to rationalize why they like sth or not. Congrats to your new watch.
ts3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2019, 07:08 AM   #65
Pateks
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfski View Post

I ordered some 21mm straps from Amazon. Perfect fit on my 5524. Thank you for that. I ended up getting like 4 different colors. $20 each. super cheap and I like the rubber strap - much more comfortable. Appreciate the help.
Old 15 October 2019, 07:51 AM   #66
jschmidtdmd
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I ordered some 21mm straps from Amazon. Perfect fit on my 5524. Thank you for that. I ended up getting like 4 different colors. $20 each. super cheap and I like the rubber strap - much more comfortable. Appreciate the help.
Which ones did you grab?
Old 15 October 2019, 08:41 AM   #67
Pateks
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschmidtdmd View Post
Which ones did you grab?
I can’t post picture on this website but here is the link. 21mm perfect for my 5522 and 5524.

https://www.amazon.com/Barton-Elite-...jaz10cnVl&th=1
Old 15 October 2019, 01:30 PM   #68
nyc2la
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16660
Quote:
I can’t post picture on this website but here is the link. 21mm perfect for my 5522 and 5524.

https://www.amazon.com/Barton-Elite-...jaz10cnVl&th=1

I bought a few Barton straps recently. The sail cloth and canvas are both great as well.

@Pateks, were the pins that came with the Barton straps the correct thickness for the Patek lug holes? I recently bought a few straps for a Seiko Turtle, but the Barton pins were too thin, causing the strap to wiggle at the lugs. It didn’t seem secure. In any event, the straps are great for the money.
Old 15 October 2019, 02:05 PM   #69
Pateks
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc2la View Post
I bought a few Barton straps recently. The sail cloth and canvas are both great as well.

@Pateks, were the pins that came with the Barton straps the correct thickness for the Patek lug holes? I recently bought a few straps for a Seiko Turtle, but the Barton pins were too thin, causing the strap to wiggle at the lugs. It didn’t seem secure. In any event, the straps are great for the money.
The pins in the Barton straps fit the 5524 perfectly. I got the 21mm size. Very snug and as if it’s oem.
Old 15 October 2019, 02:23 PM   #70
golfski
"TRF" Member

Quote:
The pins in the Barton straps fit the 5524 perfectly. I got the 21mm size. Very snug and as if it’s oem.
Glad you like the Barton, I was showing an AD today and he loved it. $20 canvas grey strap. Are you using the SS spring bars? I took the SS out and put in my WG ones because I was worried it was going to grind out the lug holes.
Old 15 October 2019, 05:59 PM   #71
chunkythebulldog
"TRF" Member

Quote:
You want to be careful if you're using St St pins in a white gold case. Over time the St St will open the lug holes up and damage your watch.
chunkythebulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2019, 10:30 PM   #72
Kilometerman
"TRF" Member

I’d love to see some pics of the 5524G with some alternative straps.
Kilometerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2019, 04:04 AM   #73
Pateks
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkythebulldog View Post
You want to be careful if you're using St St pins in a white gold case. Over time the St St will open the lug holes up and damage your watch.
I had the ss pins on for a day but swapped out for the WG ones.

Can you post pictures here on this website without having to link to another site?? Happy to post pics...if I could figure out how...
Old 16 October 2019, 09:00 AM   #74
jschmidtdmd
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Did you order different spring bars from an AD?
Old 16 October 2019, 09:06 AM   #75
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

This watch has to be too large for 6.5, have you tried on?
ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2019, 09:20 AM   #76
nyc2la
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16660
The itch - 5524G

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschmidtdmd View Post
Did you order different spring bars from an AD?

For the Seiko turtle, I just used the spring bars from the original bracelet (which I don’t plan to use at all) in the Barton silicon strap. The OEM spring bar is thicker than the spring bar channel on the strap, but the watchmaker was able to thread it through. It’s secure now.
Old 16 October 2019, 09:34 AM   #77
golfski
"TRF" Member

Quote:
For the Seiko turtle, I just used the spring bars from the original bracelet (which I don’t plan to use at all) in the Barton silicon strap. The OEM spring bar is thicker than the spring bar channel on the strap, but the watchmaker was able to thread it through. It’s secure now.
I tried ordering non-quick release spring bars from the AD but they only offer the quick release. I was able to get the SS ones out with a little work and got the WG ones in no problem. I’m interested in a rubber strap from Barton but worried that is going to be hard to get those out and the patek ones in.