The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 2 December 2012, 11:21 AM   #1
nishant
"TRF" Member

Watch: JLC NS Chrono GMT
Icon17 >> Linde Werdelin THE ONE : Initial Thoughts and A Pictorial !! <<

After spending six weeks in my stable, my sixth Korsbek Oceaneer is out [ HOPELESS ME ]. Of course, One Goes Out means One More is Coming in .. This time, it is THE ONE. This represents the last Piece sold by an AD in the US market .. of course, I bought it pre-owned from someone who was more impulsive than me and flipped it within a few weeks of owning it. ;) The Track Calf leather strap and deployment were a welcome Bonus !

Last weekend, I was searching for a DLC-coated timepiece and was pretty close to picking up a Hard Black 2 .. turns out, it was a piece without AD stamped warranty .. So, I searched on .. came across this timepiece .. made an offer that was quickly accepted .. and paid for. The watch arrived on Tuesday and has accompanied me to work every day since.

At 44 x 46 x 10 mm, the watch wears small for its size. It represents the first timepiece with white dial that I have bought in ages and am pretty impressed. Thin profile, yet quite substantial. A perfect style statement at work !

While I would have surely preferred the black dial, The White dial looks cleaner and may add variety to my collection. Without taking any more of your time, Here are the Pictures !!!

LW really know how to package their watches .. The box exudes a contemporary appeal with sleek slanting edges.

Now getting to the watch itself ...
The alternating polished and brushed surfaces have been perfectly executed and make it a 'Joy To Photograph'... I was bit surprised by the weight of the case as I held it in my hands .. [ a healthy surprise ! ]

Bezel layout is sharp and contrasts well with LW's minimalistic approach to the dial ..

IMO, Date Window represents the weakest link in most watch dials. Surprisingly, I found it to be one of the strongest features of THE ONE. Has a Funky Appeal... Edgy !!! ... and the font fills up the space nicely.

Daylight was fading away pretty fast when I took these wrist shots .. Forgive the resolution quality.

I am very impressed with The One's formidable wrist presence and [ style statement .. without being overtly 'fashionable' ]

All in all, The Oktopus 2 and The One likely represent two of the most comfortable watches I have ever sported and I am not kidding ! This came as a big surprise to me. Oktopus wears much lighter for its 15mm thick case and the One has enough weight to keep its 10mm profile substantial.

Horological Ergonomics at its finest, in my opinion.

Hope you enjoyed the pictures and my brief write-up,
Cheers
N

nishant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 December 2012, 05:44 AM   #2
Maxtor
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Exp 1, DJ Tuxedo
Nice write up... thanks for sharing.
Maxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 December 2012, 05:54 AM   #3
Watchonisto