The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 16 February 2019, 01:03 AM   #1
JMGoodnight369
"TRF" Member

When to take fresh serviced explorer for adjustment

Hi all, just got back my 114270 from a local watchmaker for a full service and it’s still running a bit fast. On wrist I’m getting +2.5 and resting crown down some nights are +3 and others +5. Last night I went crown up and it’s already +7. I had read on here that crown up should slow it down. Also hand winding is still not a smooth and has a faint click. This is my first experience with cal 3130 so I’m not sure it that is the norm. Would you guys send it back for adjustment or give it a couple more weeks? Must admit I’m a tad disappointed for a $600 service to even be asking. Thanks all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JMGoodnight369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 February 2019, 03:24 AM   #2
GarbanzoNegro
"TRF" Member

If I am not mistaken, this is right for a 114270. It is between the COSC specs (+6/-4).

Mine is usually +2 spd.

You can always go back to the AD and ask them if they can fine-tune it.
GarbanzoNegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 February 2019, 03:39 AM   #3
jbreeden
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116234
I am from Georgia as well. Where did you take it? I would give it a week or two.

There are several threads on here where some of our fine watchmaker members teach that "settling in" is not a real thing and i believe them because they are much smarter than me; however, i have never had a watch that didnt change accuracy within a few weeks of new and within a few weeks of a service.
jbreeden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 February 2019, 03:44 AM   #4
214270Explorer
"TRF" Member

Watch: me buy Watches
Did you also check it crown down?

As stated, it is within COSC.

Give it some more wrist time, a few months maybe. That made a difference on an older watch I own.

Rolex "some"
Tudor "some"
Damasko "some"
Misc Pieces "some"
Marathon "some"
GS Spring Drive "some"
Hamilton "some"
Findeisen "some"
214270Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 February 2019, 03:45 AM   #5
JMGoodnight369
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbreeden View Post
I am from Georgia as well. Where did you take it? I would give it a week or two.

There are several threads on here where some of our fine watchmaker members teach that "settling in" is not a real thing and i believe them because they are much smarter than me; however, i have never had a watch that didnt change accuracy within a few weeks of new and within a few weeks of a service.

I went to Omega jewelers in Cumming. It’s closer to my house and they told me the watch maker was a certified CW21. I totally read that string as well and it seems like a 50/50 split on those that believe the settling theory. I will keep testing it with the Hairspring app for the next couple weeks.

Old 16 February 2019, 03:47 AM   #6
JMGoodnight369
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 214270Explorer View Post
Did you also check it crown down?

As stated, it is within COSC.

Give it some more wrist time, a few months maybe. That made a difference on an older watch I own.

Yes I checked crown down. The only positions I haven’t tested yet are dial up/down. Thanks for the advice. I shall just let her do her thing for a bit.

Old 16 February 2019, 04:01 AM   #7
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMGoodnight369 View Post
I went to Omega jewelers in Cumming. It’s closer to my house and they told me the watch maker was a certified CW21. I totally read that string as well and it seems like a 50/50 split on those that believe the settling theory. I will keep testing it with the Hairspring app for the next couple weeks.

Might I suggest you get rid of that app and start to enjoy wearing your watch and remember there are 86400 seconds in a day.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16 February 2019, 04:02 AM   #8
JMGoodnight369
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Might I suggest you get rid of that app and start to enjoy wearing your watch and remember there are 86400 seconds in a day.

Best advice ever. I struggle with perfectionism. Needed to hear that LOL

Old 16 February 2019, 04:17 AM   #9
csaltphoto
"TRF" Member

Watch: sub
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMGoodnight369 View Post
Hi all, just got back my 114270 from a local watchmaker for a full service and it’s still running a bit fast. On wrist I’m getting +2.5 and resting crown down some nights are +3 and others +5. Last night I went crown up and it’s already +7. I had read on here that crown up should slow it down. Also hand winding is still not a smooth and has a faint click. This is my first experience with cal 3130 so I’m not sure it that is the norm. Would you guys send it back for adjustment or give it a couple more weeks? Must admit I’m a tad disappointed for a $600 service to even be asking. Thanks all.

I have the same movement in my 14060M. Its a little fast too but slowest in the crown down position as well. (I too read that crown up was slowest but not in my experience.)
csaltphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 February 2019, 11:20 AM   #10
JMGoodnight369
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by csaltphoto View Post
I have the same movement in my 14060M. Its a little fast too but slowest in the crown down position as well. (I too read that crown up was slowest but not in my experience.)

Try resting dial up. I’ve been doing some experiments the past few days and dial up seems to be the way to go. I’m getting an average of +1.8 with dial up all night.