The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 20 November 2011, 10:39 AM   #31
bagel
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy View Post
Hi all

My boyfriend is looking for an everyday watch for work, and i want to get him a vintage rolex as birthday present. I know he likes rolex, he likes simple and classic style, and he prefers leather band. My budget is not much though, only less than $2000USD max, any suggestions please? and where to get them? i'm based in Australia. or prefer online, is ebay reliable to buy vintage rolex?

precision, air king?!?!? which one is a more classic model please? automatic vs manual? (manual is kind of nice i think). how often do ppl change the leather band to a non-rolex one?

i know nothing about rolex, and his birthday is next week, so any suggestion is much appreciated :)

Cheers
Amy
Hi Amy

If you are not experienced in vintage, I do not suggest you buy vintage watches online. Disputes sometime arise due to the arguable quality and description. I would believe there should be vintage watch shops in Australia and it'd better to check it on hand before buying it.

I would prefer automatic for its convenient over the manual wind vintage. For your budget and what you have mentioned, I think stainless steel vintage rolex ref 1601 (datejust) could be one of your choice. Its diameter is 36mm, with "date", automatic wind, looks good on both bracelet or leather strap. I would prefer 1601 more than airking because of its date function and its size (slightly bigger than airking).

Rgds
bagel
bagel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 November 2011, 10:42 AM   #32
chiko323
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP & Rolex
I agree with above. You could get a nice 1601 or even possibly newer date just on leather for 2k.
chiko323 is offline   Reply With Quote