The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watch Reviews (Non-Rolex)

Old 28 April 2009, 04:20 PM   #1
Flaxmoore

Watch: Alpha Milsub
Review of the Invicta Pro Diver.

Review of the Invicta 9310 Pro Diver Quartz

- Overall fit and finish
For a $100 watch, the fit and finish on this is excellent. I’ve one tiny quibble, and that’s with the positioning of the second hand. It’s just a hair off the hash marks, about 1/5 off. The bracelet is nice and solid, held with standard pins. A cheap pin pusher resized the bracelet easily, and now it fits very well. The gold plating on the center links is quite good, but only on one side- the wrist side of the bracelet is plain brushed steel. Overall the bracelet is quite stout and the flip latch is nicely secure. I’ll give it an 8.5/10. It could easily gain half a point with the second hand aligned, and the rest if they plated the entire center links.

- Case and Crown
The case is polished stainless, with “Invicta” stamped on one side. It matches the bracelet well. The caseback is a basic snap-in model, stainless with a gold embossing at center for the Invicta logo. It’s a nice touch, and surrounded with the expected “All Stainless Steel Water Resistant 200M”. The crown is golden as well, and stamped with the Invicta/Swiss cross. It screws in easily and positively. I’ll give this a 9.5. If the “Invicta” weren’t stamped into the off side, it would get full.

- Bezel
Not much to say here. It’s in the Submariner tradition, save with minute hashes all around and no numeral at 10. It’s an attractive steel bezel, plated in gold and painted in a rich navy. The luminescent pearl at the 0 marker is precisely aligned with 12, and lights up quite nicely in the dark. The bezel uses Omega-style scalloping instead of the Rolex-style coin edge, and while some have found it hard to turn, mine turns easily. It’s a basic unidirectional 120-click bezel, and the only problem I have is the sound. The spring is a little bit muddy- instead of the clean ping I can hear with other watches, it’s almost a brushing/tapping sound. Easy 9.5/10, 10 if they give me the crisp sound.

- Dial/hands
The dial is a very deep blue, and it tends to throw out little glimpses of other colors- I can sometimes get hints of purples and light blue. It’s very attractive, particularly when coupled with the gold lettering and Invicta markings. The date is easy to read, with the Cyclops magnifying it about 2x. No way to tell just how far, but it’s easy to read.

The hands are basic, with a few nice touches. The hour hand is the typical Mercedes hand that many manufacturers use- I’ve seen it on Citizen, Timex, and of course Rolex. The second hand has a luminescent bead close to the end, and as a counterbalance on the other end there is a small representation of the winged Invicta emblem. Classy.

The luminescence is really quite good. In an inadvertent test brought on by a case of gastrointestinal distress, I can testify that the watch is easily readable, down to the second, after 4 hours in complete darkness. That’s pretty fine with me. Overall for this section? 9/10, since the luminescence could be stronger.

- Movement
Nothing much to say here, either. Invicta is tight-lipped about their sources, just saying it’s a Swiss quartz movement. To that end, I set it to my computer clock 5 days ago and it’s still dead on the money. Can’t give any less than a 10/10 for that!

Overall score: 46.5/50. Not bad!
Flaxmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2009, 09:19 PM   #2
gettocard
Banned

Watch: them come and go..
a very detailed review but....pics my friend !! You know we all love them !!
gettocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 April 2009, 02:13 AM   #3
Flaxmoore

I'll see what I can do. :)
Old 30 April 2009, 05:58 AM   #4
Flaxmoore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettocard View Post
a very detailed review but....pics my friend !! You know we all love them !!
Dangit... something's wrong with my camera. For some reason the stupid "assist light" keeps lighting up, but no pic.
Old 8 May 2009, 04:07 AM   #5
Flaxmoore

Still haven't figured out the camera, but I can give the watch an extra half-point. After showering with the watch on (thanks to getting dirty working on my car), the bezel clicks quite authoritatively. Must have been some factory dirt in the mechanism.