The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 28 November 2021, 09:18 AM   #61
YankeeClipper
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub, Speedy, SMP
Favorite bracelet I have

For me, there are two potential issues for the bracelet.
1) pinches hair on wrist; I have virtually none, so cannot complain here
2) "bulk" of clasp; I don't mind it at all, so a total non-issue for me

That said, this is easily the most comfortable bracelet I have, but YMMV.

It weighs like NOTHING at all, so it is a total mind trick.

YankeeClipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2021, 12:04 AM   #62
wangany17
2024 Pledge Member

Have to say after my initial assessment the mesh seems to have broken in and gotten more flexible. Molds better to my 6.5 inch wrist still at the 2nd hole. At least for me, longer term ownership seems to have helped.
Old 30 November 2021, 12:58 AM   #63
nigelUK
"TRF" Member

Just said this on another thread, but seems more apt here for anyone wanting opinions on the mesh ..

The mesh to me has been nothing short of a revelation. After wearing Oyster type bracelets for last few years, this thing is amazing. The feel of the thing on the wrist is like nothing else. Rarely do I have anyone comment on a Rolex or Tudor I'm wearing and certainly not comment on my 'Oyster' bracelet. People have said ' wow love the bracelet on that watch.. what is it ?'

I have a 7.25" wrist and believe I have the standard length issue bracelet. I have it on the 4th hole. The 'big' clasp is part of the watch to me and I love it. I have a moderately hairy wrist and I don't think its ever pinched a hair.
Old 30 November 2021, 08:02 PM   #64
hikaru123456
"TRF" Member

Hi All, I am just curious where can we buy the NTTD Milanese Bracelet from the after market? Any third party strap (Milanese styled) that feels like the NTTD Milanese Bracelet?
hikaru123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 March 2022, 01:57 PM   #65
Melzayat
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchmavan View Post
After a month or two it gives a fair bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Watchmavan how much is a fair bit can you explain a bit your experience with it after a month or too? I’ve had mine for a week now and want to know what to expect or if i should try to get the shorter version

I have a wrist size 6.5 and wearing on second hole, main issue being that its somewhat tight at the clasp and a little protruding on the 6 o clock side only when i rotate my wrist to look at the time, it does however seem to be starting to give a little and become more comfortable but I maybe just imaging it
Melzayat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2022, 12:35 PM   #66
Lew Archer
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Submariner
Milanese Bracelet NTTD.....Uncomfortable??

Well, I was wrong. I bought the watch on the NATO, thinking it was better suited for a rugged Seamaster than the Milanese. Turns out the Milanese is a great complement to the watch.

After buying the watch, I decided that I might as well buy the bracelet and went to an Omega boutique in October. I learned about the short strap version and was put on a waiting list. I also picked up a crocodile strap in brown, and have been wearing the watch on that strap.

Well, the boutique finally received the bracelet and I went down over the weekend to have it fitted.

And, it’s terrific. Light, comfortable and handsome. The finish matches the case perfectly, with a toned down, non reflective look.

I thought I’d mostly use the NATO or the croc strap, but I’m enjoying the Milanese so much, I’ll wear it this way for awhile. Maybe switch to the NATO in late Summer.

Anyway, the short strap was definitely worth the wait. I could have managed the standard model, but this is better. The sales associate said many prefer the short strap, even if they don’t need the shortened length due to wrist size.

Lew Archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2022, 08:53 PM   #67
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Looks great.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2022, 01:57 PM   #68
DentistRodman
"TRF" Member

Any pics of the clasp side?

I was close to pulling the trigger and purchasing the shorter bracelet but was thrown off by the bulkiness of the regular bracelet and chickened out.
DentistRodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2022, 03:10 PM   #69
shedlock2000
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16753; Bellini Dia
Curiously, I’ve found the Omega Milanese to be the most comfortable bracelet I’ve ever worn! The NTTD itself, I found to be rather functionless, so I sold mine.

I threw the bracelet onto my new 2234.50 to try it out and it works with that too, however, it suffers on that from being 1/8 inch too big. I have heard that some owners complain that their perfect sizing is in between the two adjustment holes making it uncomfortable, and I understand that after wearing it on my 2234.50.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SS Submariner no date 1992 (sold); SS GMT II 2007 (sold); SS GMT II C 2008 ('M' series) (sold); SS Sub C 2011 (sold); BB GMT 1971 (sold); Omega 50th GMT
shedlock2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2022, 05:32 PM   #70
Lew Archer
"TRF" Member

Milanese Bracelet NTTD.....Uncomfortable??

Quote:
Originally Posted by DentistRodman View Post
Any pics of the clasp side?

I was close to pulling the trigger and purchasing the shorter bracelet but was thrown off by the bulkiness of the regular bracelet and chickened out.

I took some pictures to answer your question.

I find the bracelet quite minimalist…it is low profile, not at all bulky.

The clasp is handsome and blends nicely with overall look of the watch/bracelet. It is not overly large, nor is it dainty. It’s simple, functional and certainly doesn’t get in the way. To my eye, its proportions are correct for the bracelet and watch.

As you look at the pictures, be aware that a closeup may make things seem larger than they appear in person. Also, my wrists are slim.

Speaking of slim wrists, the Seamaster, at a nominal 43mm case, is about as large a watch as I’d ever wear. I find there’s something about the way the watch sits against more closely against my wrist when worn on the bracelet that its overall appearance seems more proportionate to my wrist than the NATO (which elevates the watch slightly, as part of the material runs under the case) or even the crocodile strap.

So, for anyone concerned the watch is a bit on the large size for their wrist, the Milanese is the way to go. Now, if you want to increase the presence, than the NATO will do that. A leather NATO, with its thicker material, even more so.

One neat feature of the Milanese is that it can be adjusted rather like a traditional strap…you can tighten it up or loosen it up quite readily, much as you would a strap with a traditional pin/buckle set up.

I have found the Milanese to be quite secure. Yet, it’s easy to put on and take off.

Finally, the bracelet is lightweight, well suited to the lightweight of the watch.

I like the leather strap and the NATO very much, but the Milanese is so comfortable and gives the Seamaster such a distinctive look that it will be on the watch for awhile!

Again, mine is the short strap version. Hope you find the pictures and review useful.

Old 12 April 2022, 01:11 PM   #71
DentistRodman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lew Archer View Post
I took some pictures to answer your question.

I find the bracelet quite minimalist…it is low profile, not at all bulky.

The clasp is handsome and blends nicely with overall look of the watch/bracelet. It is not overly large, nor is it dainty. It’s simple, functional and certainly doesn’t get in the way. To my eye, its proportions are correct for the bracelet and watch.

As you look at the pictures, be aware that a closeup may make things seem larger than they appear in person. Also, my wrists are slim.

Speaking of slim wrists, the Seamaster, at a nominal 43mm case, is about as large a watch as I’d ever wear. I find there’s something about the way the watch sits against more closely against my wrist when worn on the bracelet that its overall appearance seems more proportionate to my wrist than the NATO (which elevates the watch slightly, as part of the material runs under the case) or even the crocodile strap.

So, for anyone concerned the watch is a bit on the large size for their wrist, the Milanese is the way to go. Now, if you want to increase the presence, than the NATO will do that. A leather NATO, with its thicker material, even more so.

One neat feature of the Milanese is that it can be adjusted rather like a traditional strap…you can tighten it up or loosen it up quite readily, much as you would a strap with a traditional pin/buckle set up.

I have found the Milanese to be quite secure. Yet, it’s easy to put on and take off.

Finally, the bracelet is lightweight, well suited to the lightweight of the watch.

I like the leather strap and the NATO very much, but the Milanese is so comfortable and gives the Seamaster such a distinctive look that it will be on the watch for awhile!

Again, mine is the short strap version. Hope you find the pictures and review useful.
Thanks for your insight. Which hole do you use on the short bracelet?

Here's a pic I grabbed of the regular bracelet and you can see that the overlap adds to the bulk because of how tight it had to be fastened. The watch looks terrific on you.
DentistRodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 April 2022, 02:14 AM   #72
JohnGingerwood
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassidy776 View Post
Yes....this was exactly the problem for me. 6 3/4" wrist, second hole from top, (since I like wearing tight) and overlap became a real issue under the clasp area. When I wore it a bit looser, it would be comfortable but there would be a large gap on the side of my wrist as the bracelet does not have much flexibility. A real shame for me as I intended this watch to be my daily wearer as it is so unique.

Glad to hear its not a problem for most of you.......enjoy!!!!!!
These style bracelets are usually comfortable, but the fact you cannot remove links will cause issue for smaller wrists. I wish they would have went with removeable links like the Superoceans.
JohnGingerwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2022, 01:50 AM   #73
Lamontsanders
"TRF" Member

I tried the Milanese for my NTTD and liked it but didn’t love it. This is likely sacrilege…but the 50 dollar titanium Milanese I got off of Amazon (it’s a Junghans branded bracelet?) is extremely comfortable, matches the watch perfectly and the clasp, while not deployant, is a lot thinner and has more adjustment. Is it as nice as the Omega? No. That being said…Is it 1450 dollars chepaer? Yep.
Lamontsanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2022, 08:33 AM   #74
Lew Archer
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DentistRodman View Post
Thanks for your insight. Which hole do you use on the short bracelet?

Here's a pic I grabbed of the regular bracelet and you can see that the overlap adds to the bulk because of how tight it had to be fastened. The watch looks terrific on you.
Thank you! Ok, it's the third hole, if we're counting from the end of the strap (rather than from the watch itself). I might loosen it up one notch, depending on time of day, activity, etc. The photos are with the clasp set into that third hole. Hope that makes sense...looking at your photo, I think you'd really prefer the short strap. As I said, the sales associate advised the shorter strap seems to be growing in popularity and preference.
Old 16 April 2022, 04:30 AM   #75
VegasBaby
Banned

Both of you have a large bulge from the bracelet on the inside of your wrist. This is the other problem with this bracelet
VegasBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2022, 05:58 AM   #76
Gurneesh
Banned

I have not own one so can not say much!!
Gurneesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2022, 05:59 AM   #77
Gurneesh
Banned

have not owned one so can not say much about it
Gurneesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2022, 08:08 AM   #78
Rrpdc
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lew Archer View Post
Thank you! Ok, it's the third hole, if we're counting from the end of the strap (rather than from the watch itself). I might loosen it up one notch, depending on time of day, activity, etc. The photos are with the clasp set into that third hole. Hope that makes sense...looking at your photo, I think you'd really prefer the short strap. As I said, the sales associate advised the shorter strap seems to be growing in popularity and preference.
+1. You need short strap. Comfortable watch
Rrpdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2022, 05:05 AM   #79
AJMarcus
"TRF" Member

Watch: Swiss
Late to update. My OEM bracelet, standard size, arrived in December last year. To compensate for my patience the OB took off 10% of the price of the bracelet. No complaints about the bracelet. I have a seven inch wrist and it is very comfortable. Love the easy strap adjustments. Super lightweight I even take it on my trail hikes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg E5646516-1163-4445-A46C-575790B551CA.jpeg (120.8 KB, 146 views)
AJMarcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2022, 07:39 AM   #80
Stevec14
"TRF" Member

Watch: 321, Snoopy 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJMarcus View Post
Late to update. My OEM bracelet, standard size, arrived in December last year. To compensate for my patience the OB took off 10% of the price of the bracelet. No complaints about the bracelet. I have a seven inch wrist and it is very comfortable. Love the easy strap adjustments. Super lightweight I even take it on my trail hikes.
Fantastic - that’s such a great looking watch
Stevec14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2022, 09:05 AM   #81
AJMarcus
"TRF" Member

Watch: Swiss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevec14 View Post
Fantastic - that’s such a great looking watch
Thanks. I’ve been enjoying it immensely.
AJMarcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2022, 10:41 AM   #82
JohnGingerwood
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchmavan View Post
I've bought the Milanese strap for a standard SMP. Love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Is that the short or small version of the bracelet?
JohnGingerwood is offline   Reply With Quote