The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 10 February 2012, 09:45 AM   #1
ram2500
"TRF" Member

Future owner needs opinions

First off hi to everyone. Ive been scouring this site for the past few nights trying to get a little info before i get my first rolex. Just wondering if this deal seems fair to people who are in the know. 10300 for a DJ2 with the whitegold and stainless with the rodium and diamond dial (116334)?? that was the sticker price so itd be no tax deal. also my buddy wants to sell his milgauss what would be a fair price for that watch. it has just been serviced and polished by rolex.
Thanks in advance for any help!!!

Joe
ram2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 February 2012, 09:54 AM   #2
dddrees
"TRF" Member

Watch: This N That
Welcome to TRF.

Sounds like the price for the DJII you maybe looking at is the current listed MSRP price. It woukld not be uncomon to get a better deal on this watch. However this depends on the AD, and your negotiating skill. If you bring cash you should do even better because you could save them the credit card fee. I would try for at least 15% off.

Hard to say what the Milgaus might be worth, is it the GV version?

Loyal Foot Soldier of The Nylon Nation.

Card Carrying Member of the Global Association of
Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
dddrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 February 2012, 09:54 AM   #3
dcash0615
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es
Welcome to the forum.

I recommend you do a search in the for sale section of this forum and see what these watches have sold for and are currently selling for.

As far as the Milgauss, you will need to know which model your friend has, serial number, overall condition, and level of paperwork etc the watch has. A search in the for sale section should provide you a good idea of current market value.

Good luck and congrats on your soon to be first Rolex purchase.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram2500 View Post
First off hi to everyone. Ive been scouring this site for the past few nights trying to get a little info before i get my first rolex. Just wondering if this deal seems fair to people who are in the know. 10300 for a DJ2 with the whitegold and stainless with the rodium and diamond dial (116334)?? that was the sticker price so itd be no tax deal. also my buddy wants to sell his milgauss what would be a fair price for that watch. it has just been serviced and polished by rolex.
Thanks in advance for any help!!!

Joe
dcash0615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 February 2012, 10:08 AM   #4
ram2500
"TRF" Member

not sure bout serial number. it has all paperwork and is in brand new condition as it just received a full service from rolex. not 100% about model i do know it does not have the green ring on the inside about the dial but has the dark dial with orange markers at 3,6,9 and white at rest. watch is 4 years old came from big rolex store in NY
dont know if that helps but im surely not an expert and dont know all the terms yet
much to learn
ram2500 is offline   Reply With Quote