The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 18 October 2017, 05:45 AM   #31
MrTito
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR, JLC Deep Sea
I was very lucky to get mine not long after they were released. Complete fluke making a call at the right time to the Rolex boutique in Knightsbridge. I'd never dealt with them before and the guy I spoke to said he couldn't commit to holding it for me, but he'd try for the couple of days left until I wa in town. When I arrived he'd put it to one side (he wasn't even in that morning) and a colleague of his told me he'd even turned another customer down on my behalf. Weird as I hadn't put a deposit down as they wouldn't take it. Anyway, top guy, I've never regretted the purchase. If you are in the uk, watchfinder seem to always have a couple of them for sale, a little over list though. I've bought and sold with them and always been really impressed. Although if you do sell, make sure you ask for a high price as they'll take full advantage if you give them the opportunity!
MrTito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2017, 05:51 AM   #32
Boothy84
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710 BLNR, DJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTito View Post
I was very lucky to get mine not long after they were released. Complete fluke making a call at the right time to the Rolex boutique in Knightsbridge. I'd never dealt with them before and the guy I spoke to said he couldn't commit to holding it for me, but he'd try for the couple of days left until I wa in town. When I arrived he'd put it to one side (he wasn't even in that morning) and a colleague of his told me he'd even turned another customer down on my behalf. Weird as I hadn't put a deposit down as they wouldn't take it. Anyway, top guy, I've never regretted the purchase. If you are in the uk, watchfinder seem to always have a couple of them for sale, a little over list though. I've bought and sold with them and always been really impressed. Although if you do sell, make sure you ask for a high price as they'll take full advantage if you give them the opportunity!
Great story, very lucky indeed. Top man for holding it for you!

Funnily enough it is Watchfinder i've ordered from, it will be with me before 13:00 tomorrow. A sleepless night ahead i think!

Your right about the value they give for your watches, they offered me £,3800-£4,000 for a 2015 116234. I laughed!! I'm going to sell it privately instead.
Boothy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2017, 05:52 AM   #33
karmatp
"TRF" Member

1st off I would not ever pay full MSRP for any watch, but that is just me. Second, I think the whole economy is going to cool off soon and people will stop paying silly prices for overpriced luxury items in general. So yes, I think the BLNR will be selling under MSRP on the forums shortly, and I will get a nice discount at my local AD on one if I decide to buy one.
Old 18 October 2017, 06:07 AM   #34
John DSSD
"TRF" Member

Watch: Deepsea, Hulk, YM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
What is Retail on Blnr in UK?
In Euro..
£6600 at my local AD and waiting time is 3 years
John DSSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2017, 06:10 AM   #35
MrTito
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John DSSD View Post
3 years !!!!!!!!!!! That's nuts
Old 18 October 2017, 06:15 AM   #36
MrTito
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boothy84 View Post
Great story, very lucky indeed. Top man for holding it for you!

Funnily enough it is Watchfinder i've ordered from, it will be with me before 13:00 tomorrow. A sleepless night ahead i think!

Your right about the value they give for your watches, they offered me £,3800-£4,000 for a 2015 116234. I laughed!! I'm going to sell it privately instead.
Hope you love it as much as I do!

In their defence I think watchfinder seem to have tightened up quite a bit in the last year. I've sold to them a few times and typically been pleased (less so most recently but I could have gone elsewhere). It's just very easy, reliable and you don't have the trust issues at sometimes complicate a private sale.

Anyway, once agin, enjoy it, I'm sure you'll be made up.
Old 18 October 2017, 06:16 AM   #37
Cutlass
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John DSSD View Post

3yrs on BLNR?? WOW

Now I'm not sure if is better 3 yrs waiting list and 6.6k £
Or 3 months list and 1000 over Retail- that is normal price here in Croatia
Old 18 October 2017, 06:53 AM   #38
Brizzybrad
"TRF" Member

Watch: ???
My BLNR just arrived today. I previously owned the LN and regretted selling it. As far as the hype I’m not sure...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Brizzybrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2017, 06:55 AM   #39
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
The premium resale will continue in UK for a while, the LVc seems to be going upwards in the US too so I wouldn't be surprised if the BLNR is also pushed upwards.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2017, 07:05 AM   #40
Andy355
"TRF" Member

I always ask in duty free's about blnr supply - I am usually wearing mine
Pretty much all have said they never see them
Andy355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2017, 07:07 AM   #41
tomchicago
Banned

Watch: 16710BLRO, 214270.
Yes. As soon as Rollie release a cermic Coke or Pepsi in SS.
tomchicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2017, 07:19 AM   #42
Bruins7
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex(4),15400
Quote:
Originally Posted by karmatp View Post
1st off I would not ever pay full MSRP for any watch, but that is just me. Second, I think the whole economy is going to cool off soon and people will stop paying silly prices for overpriced luxury items in general. So yes, I think the BLNR will be selling under MSRP on the forums shortly, and I will get a nice discount at my local AD on one if I decide to buy one.
haha
Bruins7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2017, 07:21 AM   #43
Bruins7
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomchicago View Post
Yes. As soon as Rollie release a cermic Coke or Pepsi in SS.
Old 18 October 2017, 07:51 AM   #44
Glen Sannox
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner LV
Icon14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairn1980 View Post
Congratulations!! I have a BLNR and it’s an amazing watch.

I was in Edinburgh a few weeks ago and both ADs had no sports at all....not even the usual EXP2 and Milgauss etc.

Hamilton and inches were good to talk to and helpful, Laings seemed a bit more “fake” if that makes sense. The lady I spoke to spoke about steel sports pieces like they were unicorns.

Saying that, both ADs were swarming with tourists who were actively buying Watches.

I guess as the uk is the cheapest place in the world to buy a Rolex, that’s just how it is.

Congrats mate!!
Thanks Nairn, as I said, I’m well chuffed. 👍👍
Glen Sannox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2017, 08:00 AM   #45
al1786
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116520
When you put the BLNR on you'll forget about the price. Enjoy your new watch. My Daytona 116520 which I've had for 2 years gets less wrist time since my BLNR arrived.

al1786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2017, 08:03 AM   #46
al1786
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen Sannox View Post
Just got the call from my AD in Edinburgh this afternoon after 18 months on the list. I’m well chuffed!

Which AD was that ?

al1786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2017, 08:04 AM   #47
DHPSU
"TRF" Member

Right now it’s amazing how little inventory for SS Rolex sports models are in stock at AD’s. Just got my BLNR, paid retail from an AD.

DHPSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2017, 08:07 AM   #48
VicLeChic
Banned

Watch: YM 116622 - SD43
It will once a next gen SS Coke with revamped movement is announced. BW2018 or 2019 perhaps. Just speculating.
VicLeChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2017, 08:21 AM   #49
Likestheshiny
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Now my worry is with me paying £1000 over sticker price, what if the so called "hype" dies off for the BLNR? What if supply starts to meet demand in the near future? Will i regret paying so much?
Thanks to the exchange rate, that just means you paid what everyone else in the world is paying at regular retail. If it's worth it to us, I don't see why it wouldn't be worth it to you.

But, yeah, at some point the BLNR won't be the hottest thing any more. Your watch could potentially devalue by £1000 on the first day of Basel 2018. Or it could still be big for years. Any time you pay a premium for popularity, you're gambling a bit. But whatever. Just enjoy the watch.
Likestheshiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2017, 08:28 AM   #50
Jambo86
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT-Master II BLNR
I purchased the same watch, from the same retailer as you, earlier this year. I paid £7450 for brand new, full set with stickers. Do I regret it? Absolutely not, because the wait for a retail price purchase at an AD would have been excruciating and there's a good chance I would have bought something else instead and regretted it. When you're calling dealers and hearing "3 years", "sorry we are not adding people to a waiting list", "it's impossible to say when we might have one", or as Fraser Hart in Stratford told me "our waiting list is currently 25 years" it's hard not to get disheartened somewhat! So I guess in this instance it was a matter of time vs money.

I say enjoy the watch, forget the price (this supposed price hike will push it close to what you paid for it anyway) and ignore the comments from people in other countries who are saying they'd never pay over retail for this model (they don't have to deal with the scarcity and ridiculous waiting lists that we do over here so their experience doesn't correlate to our own in this particular instance). I don't mean that last comment in any offensive way to any members here btw.

Worst case you decide you're not happy with the watch, or you can't get this price issue out of your head, you'll easily be able to cash it in and not have lost much money, if any
Jambo86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2017, 08:36 AM   #51
Jambo86
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT-Master II BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loevhagen View Post
A model released at Basel in 2013 in April - and that is still popular 4,5 years later - can not be called a hype, by any means.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sensui View Post
Some people can't understand that....it's alright. I'm convinced it's already a modern classic in the making, the color combination just works and even with a new SS GMT release with a different color combo, I don't see the BLNR taking a huge dip (especially if it gets discountinued) and will retain value in the long run.
And I forgot to answer your original question but thankfully these guys nailed it!
Jambo86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2017, 08:49 AM   #52
Watchgeek5000
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
Give it a couple of months, I'm sure all the AD's will be fully stocked. Why would Rolex just stop production when there's money to be made. I sold my BLNR Saturday morning for $8000 in new condition, I tried to like it but the hype wasn't enough for me not to flip it, wasn't loving the the blue black and always feel the bezel insert to be busy compared to a sub and also I miss the glide lock on the clasp........sub for me.
Watchgeek5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2017, 08:54 AM   #53
whysleep
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LV/SD4000
Tomorrow is never promised. Glad you got it now. Now is the time to enjoy!!! Great watch.
whysleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2017, 09:48 AM   #54
Bruins7
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchgeek5000 View Post
Give it a couple of months, I'm sure all the AD's will be fully stocked. Why would Rolex just stop production when there's money to be made. I sold my BLNR Saturday morning for $8000 in new condition, I tried to like it but the hype wasn't enough for me not to flip it, wasn't loving the the blue black and always feel the bezel insert to be busy compared to a sub and also I miss the glide lock on the clasp........sub for me.
Typical sub lover answer. Enjoy your sub!
Old 18 October 2017, 09:55 AM   #55
DHPSU
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whysleep View Post
Tomorrow is never promised. Glad you got it now. Now is the time to enjoy!!! Great watch.

I like this, nicely said.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
DHPSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2017, 09:57 AM   #56
WEST HAM ROLEX
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT LN/SD43/D Blue
If you wear the watch and enjoy it for many years, I don't think 1000 pounds spread over a period of time will effect you that much...
WEST HAM ROLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2017, 10:20 AM   #57
watchwatcher
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boothy84 View Post

Will i regret paying so much?

...but how long will it be like this?
You very well might, if you're already thinking about it. But...it's pointless to worry about something after the fact. The time to think about that was before the purchase. Lesson learned and next time you'll be better prepared.

As to your second question, you're right, nobody knows. The BLNR has been a strong seller staying closer to retail for longer than anybody (here anyway) predicted after its release. So...I think you're fine.

Relax and enjoy the watch. Because if you're not enjoying it, what's the point?
watchwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2017, 11:59 AM   #58
Pattyb69
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR|LVC|PAM 911
Eeek! You paid a thousand GBP over list? I've bought the BLNR 3 times and each time has been at least $1k under retail.

I hear your SS sport model supply in the UK is crazy low and it doesn't sound like it'll change anytime soon. You'll probably do just fine in the future with what you just paid considering the supply and demand of where you live.
Pattyb69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2017, 12:09 PM   #59
Chadridv
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV
I bought one almost 2 years ago for my buddy (not a gift, just helped him with the purchase), but I paid $8500. Yes there was still hype, but it's no Daytona or SkyD.
Chadridv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2017, 12:23 PM   #60
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

If I lived in England and the SS Rolex enviorment was as bleak as it has been and will be for a long time, I wouldn’t hesitate to pay above retail to get the watch I wanted in a reasonable amount of time. I figure my time without the watch is worth something and waiting over a year for a watch isn’t something I could do. We are spoiled here in the States.