The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 6 December 2017, 07:32 AM   #1
SROB
"TRF" Member

Journe Bleu or Ferrier Micro Rotor

I understand this is very subjective, but curious if others have experience(s)/knowledge that I am not privy to... I am debating between a Journe Bleu or a Ferrier Micro Rotor.

Ideally, I'd like to keep the piece for good, never sell. Looking for something that is versatile... [I do have a sub as my more everyday piece], then a few other pieces...

Thank ahead of time...
SROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2017, 08:43 AM   #2
tng11
"TRF" Member

I think the Journe is more versatile with the beautiful blue dial and the grey tantalum case. Gives it a somewhat sporty look, but also a very classy piece where the situation calls for a dress watch.

Full disclosure, I ordered a FPJ CB recently. While I really respect Laurent Ferrier, it just doesn't turn my crank the same way the FPJ does (prepares to be crucified.)
tng11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2017, 09:31 AM   #3
HL65
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: One on my wrist.
For me Laurent Ferrier without question. They are such special pieces and so versatile. They dress up and down perfectly. Here are a few pics of my new Galet Square on both tan and blue strap. I love FPJ but LF Just is perfect in every way. Good luck and at the end of the day buy whichever feels right to you!

And a movement shot...

SPEM SUCCESSUS ALIT
HL65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2017, 11:07 AM   #4
SROB
"TRF" Member

Your LF looks great with the brown strap, dressed down.
SROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2017, 11:48 AM   #5
PJ S
Banned

Depending on budget you’re working with, and not being a stickler for new only, you could possibly have both – dilemma resolved!

https://www.chrono24.com/fpjourne/a-...-id7322196.htm
https://www.chrono24.co.uk/laurentfe...-id5817764.htm
PJ S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2017, 11:48 AM   #6
rfatm3f
"TRF" Member

I do love LF but my money would go to a CB
rfatm3f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2017, 12:04 PM   #7
Jay (Eire)
2024 Pledge Member

Subjective for sure! I own the CB, have done for three years. I do not own an LF but have had numerous opportunity to experience them on the wrist.

If we are comparing the 39mm CB to a 39mm Galet then that's a good start (versus the Square or the 40mm Galet).

Obviously with LF you have dial choices, my understanding based on what their reps have said to me is that you can pretty much choose whatever dial you wish. Something to consider then, more choice with the LF.

The tantalum case, in my opinion, beats any gold or steel offering from LF. There's something about it being just dull enough to fit every occasion. With this it's by far the more wearable everyday watch and I do wear mine on suit days and on shorts and t-shirt days. With the CB a strap change can materially change the watch, more so than the LF's I think and even more so than any of the other FPJ CSs. A win for the CB.

And thickness. The LF is a monster, 12.7mm, versus the svelte 8.6mm CB. That's a completely different watch on the wrist even at the same diameter of 39mm. A win for the CB.

And of course there's a material price difference between the two, new or pre-owned. Huge win for the CB.

For me, my CB is the most versatile watch I own. It's 100% an everyday watch. I can't see the LF being that.

In the end however there are no bad choices here. Both amazing watches.

Jay (Eire) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2017, 01:49 PM   #8
mps354
2024 Pledge Member

The Journe cb is a great watch, had it for a year or two and it was a pleasure to wear, but I ended up getting bored with it. Nice weight, incredible movement, great color. But, ultimately, it wasn't in the cards for the long run. Never owned an LF but I'm drawn to some of his models. Can't go wrong, both are top brands
mps354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2017, 03:13 PM   #9
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfatm3f View Post
I do love LF but my money would go to a CB
Agreed.
Old 6 December 2017, 04:21 PM   #10
Watcheroo
2024 Pledge Member

I don’t think you can really go wrong here and it will come down to what you prefer on your wrist. I’ve got a CB and love wearing it. As others have mentioned, it’s super versatile and I feel comfortable wearing it both casually and with a suit.

I consider it a keeper. Here are a few pics:

Here’s a pick of a blue dial Galet Micro-Rotor that I tried on some time last year:

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Watcheroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 December 2017, 12:29 PM   #11
liu_watch
"TRF" Member

CB for me.
LF is too thick and has an auto wind movement, both attributes are not what I look for in this type of dressier watch. Plus, if we’re talking about blue dial, the CB is more dynamic - it has different shades of blue depending on light.

As others said, both are great watches.

liu_watch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 December 2017, 01:45 PM   #12
willski
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay (Eire) View Post
Subjective for sure! I own the CB, have done for three years. I do not own an LF but have had numerous opportunity to experience them on the wrist.

If we are comparing the 39mm CB to a 39mm Galet then that's a good start (versus the Square or the 40mm Galet).

Obviously with LF you have dial choices, my understanding based on what their reps have said to me is that you can pretty much choose whatever dial you wish. Something to consider then, more choice with the LF.

The tantalum case, in my opinion, beats any gold or steel offering from LF. There's something about it being just dull enough to fit every occasion. With this it's by far the more wearable everyday watch and I do wear mine on suit days and on shorts and t-shirt days. With the CB a strap change can materially change the watch, more so than the LF's I think and even more so than any of the other FPJ CSs. A win for the CB.

And thickness. The LF is a monster, 12.7mm, versus the svelte 8.6mm CB. That's a completely different watch on the wrist even at the same diameter of 39mm. A win for the CB.

And of course there's a material price difference between the two, new or pre-owned. Huge win for the CB.

For me, my CB is the most versatile watch I own. It's 100% an everyday watch. I can't see the LF being that.

In the end however there are no bad choices here. Both amazing watches.

I’ve been on the fence re. a CB for years. Your post may tip me over the edge...

For what it’s worth I’ve heard mixed things re. LF as a brand and its future.

willski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 December 2017, 06:01 PM   #13
regnant
"TRF" Member

I don't have it but if I had the situation I would pick up Laurent Ferrier without any thought
Old 7 December 2017, 06:03 PM   #14
aleeboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: N/A
LF without a doubt.
aleeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 December 2017, 12:09 PM   #15
amide
"TRF" Member

CB for me.

amide is offline   Reply With Quote