The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 12 December 2019, 12:11 PM   #31
thekman
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610LV
Anyone have news about the AP house in NYC? Is it open yet?

Follow me www.instagram.com/subs.n.scrubs
thekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2019, 03:50 AM   #32
P2725TMB
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: AP, Rolex, Omega
I popped in to AP London on Tuesday and am very impressed indeed, they've done a great job. However, it is not going to be a sales environment, more a club for AP owners. It's also not fully staffed yet, so a bit more restrictive at the moment.
P2725TMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2019, 03:58 AM   #33
GS93108
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2725TMB View Post
I popped in to AP London on Tuesday and am very impressed indeed, they've done a great job. However, it is not going to be a sales environment, more a club for AP owners. It's also not fully staffed yet, so a bit more restrictive at the moment.
A bit more time for sure, then it'll be perfect.

For someone who doesn't live in London, such as me, it's really nice to have a place to drop in and chill for a while in order to punctuate a hard day following my wife around the shops...

Just FYI to all, I sent the email address of Adam, the AP House London retail manager, to the chap who had a problem receiving a reply, hopefully Adam will help him out.
GS93108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2019, 07:24 AM   #34
r00t
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS93108 View Post
A bit more time for sure, then it'll be perfect.

For someone who doesn't live in London, such as me, it's really nice to have a place to drop in and chill for a while in order to punctuate a hard day following my wife around the shops...

Just FYI to all, I sent the email address of Adam, the AP House London retail manager, to the chap who had a problem receiving a reply, hopefully Adam will help him out.
Thanks! Appreciate that!
r00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2019, 11:32 PM   #35
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Sounds good, looking forward to going into town next year for a nice meal and then popping into AP House.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2019, 01:16 AM   #36
P2725TMB
2024 Pledge Member

Neil, it sounds like all your trips to Town revolve around a good meal! But why not indeed...
Old 14 December 2019, 02:39 AM   #37
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Neil, it sounds like all your trips to Town revolve around a good meal! But why not indeed...
Ha, you are not wrong, it is the only thing that can drag me down there usually.
Old 14 December 2019, 07:12 PM   #38
benlee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP, PP
Quote:
I think Neil is into fine dinning though. Not your kind of food.
Old 14 December 2019, 10:50 PM   #39
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by benlee View Post
I'm into all kinds of food, pizza being delivered today, but to go all the way into town it used to be for fine watches or fine food only, but lately not so much to see watch wise. Masterchef had a piece on HIDE the hot/strange buzz restaurant in town, might have to check it out.
Old 14 December 2019, 11:26 PM   #40
masterserg
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
I'm into all kinds of food, pizza being delivered today, but to go all the way into town it used to be for fine watches or fine food only, but lately not so much to see watch wise. Masterchef had a piece on HIDE the hot/strange buzz restaurant in town, might have to check it out.
Masterchef ... I like that name
Old 15 December 2019, 03:01 AM   #41
P2725TMB
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by benlee View Post
You know / remember me well - none of this fine dining and haute cuisine for me! Well, not often anyway...
Old 15 December 2019, 05:38 AM   #42
ragsk
Banned

Quote:
Hide is nice. Crazy wine list as it is owned by Hedonism.
ragsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2019, 06:09 AM   #43
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragsk View Post
Hide is nice. Crazy wine list as it is owned by Hedonism.
Thought you might have checked that one out. The one really on my list is Davies and Brook in Claridges by the Eleven Madison guys.
Old 15 December 2019, 07:59 AM   #44
ceos
"TRF" Member

I'm so glad you brought this up. I was gonna ask the same thing. I was there few weeks ago
ceos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2019, 09:59 AM   #45
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Royal Oak
I’m not normally bothered about fine dining but I went to Andrew Fairlie this evening for my wedding anniversary. I’d recommend it to anyone who is considering going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AshAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2019, 05:21 AM   #46
ragsk
Banned

Quote:
Thought you might have checked that one out. The one really on my list is Davies and Brook in Claridges by the Eleven Madison guys.
Never been there will check it out. I do like eleven madison but haven't been to NY in a while.

Im trying a new Indian on Wednesday evening. Called 1947. Will revert with thoughts:

https://www.1947london.com/
Old 16 December 2019, 05:26 AM   #47
ragsk
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshAP View Post
I’m not normally bothered about fine dining but I went to Andrew Fairlie this evening for my wedding anniversary. I’d recommend it to anyone who is considering going.

Back in Gleneagles my friend?
Old 16 December 2019, 08:36 AM   #48
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragsk View Post
Back in Gleneagles my friend?

Yes, I love this place

Old 16 December 2019, 08:45 AM   #49
GS93108
"TRF" Member

Lovely.
I've only been the once, but will definitely be taking my wife the next time for sure. A magnificent place, unlike any other that I've experienced. Enjoy.
Old 16 December 2019, 07:40 PM   #50
P2725TMB
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshAP View Post
Yes, I love this place

I hope you have a good and relaxing time, Ash, you deserve it. A lovely place to be with friends on the run in to Christmas!
Old 17 December 2019, 05:55 AM   #51
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I hope you have a good and relaxing time, Ash, you deserve it. A lovely place to be with friends on the run in to Christmas!

Thanks Chris

Old 17 December 2019, 07:22 AM   #52
fuuzoku
"TRF" Member

for those of you who have been so far, was there a particular email or number you called to book a time? Will they allow any old Joe in who owns an AP? I only have a jumbo so not a high roller or anything
fuuzoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2019, 08:05 AM   #53
GS93108
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuuzoku View Post
for those of you who have been so far, was there a particular email or number you called to book a time? Will they allow any old Joe in who owns an AP? I only have a jumbo so not a high roller or anything
That's funny. Give them a call, I'm sure the number is on the website, as is their email. However, be aware that it's silly season and I know they are super busy with emails and thus might not get back to you immediately. I'll PM you a number and email address of someone who will look after you, albeit he's busy too.
Old 17 December 2019, 06:56 PM   #54
P2725TMB
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuuzoku View Post
There's an invitation customer launch event this afternoon and evening, so not a good time to call today. Otherwise, I imagine you'll be welcome, but do call first, as it's not a walk in off the street set up.
Old 18 December 2019, 05:41 AM   #55
boomtime
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710,116500, DJ
Do you have to be in their system buying from the boutique/AD or do grey market purchases qualify?
boomtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 December 2019, 06:49 AM   #56
GS93108
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomtime View Post
Do you have to be in their system buying from the boutique/AD or do grey market purchases qualify?
I think there's a little misconception, maybe I've contributed to it...

AP House's are AP's entertainment areas for guests and clients and guests of clients. I don't think there's any 'qualifying' necessary. If you'd like to visit an AP House then give them a call or drop them an email. If you're an AP owner already, directly from AP or from the grey market then welcome to the family. If you're contemplating a purchase then come on in.

If I've given the impression that it's an 'exclusive' club only available to super VVVVVVIP's then that's my fault. It's not. That said, if you are a super VVVVVIP such as Conkers then of course they are going to break open a bottle of their finest bubbly when you walk through the door. If you are a mortal like me then they still show their love...in so many different ways.

I like the concept a lot. To me the AP London team are people that go out of their way to help in any way they can, and that applies to the whole team, starting at the top. They've now got a great location and mechanism to assist their hospitality efforts.

So, it's not a super exclusive members only, secret knock gentlemen's club, but neither is it a bridge street cafe.

If you are UK based and either own an AP or have aspirations to own an AP then it would behoove you to introduce yourself to the AP London team and start building that relationship and that relationship in turn filters out to the other AP House's.

I have been fortunate enough to be introduced to a couple of other countries' AP House CEO's and they are all so nice and easy going that when I visit those countries next, then it will be obligatory for me to visit the AP House there and to know that I'll have somewhere to rest my weary head for a while. If that happens to be Hong Kong then I'll kick my teetotaller habit and finish off Conkers' champagne! although I can't imagine him leaving any left overs.

Love fest message ends.
Old 18 December 2019, 07:16 AM   #57
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS93108 View Post
I think there's a little misconception, maybe I've contributed to it...

AP House's are AP's entertainment areas for guests and clients and guests of clients. I don't think there's any 'qualifying' necessary. If you'd like to visit an AP House then give them a call or drop them an email. If you're an AP owner already, directly from AP or from the grey market then welcome to the family. If you're contemplating a purchase then come on in.

If I've given the impression that it's an 'exclusive' club only available to super VVVVVVIP's then that's my fault. It's not. That said, if you are a super VVVVVIP such as Conkers then of course they are going to break open a bottle of their finest bubbly when you walk through the door. If you are a mortal like me then they still show their love...in so many different ways.

I like the concept a lot. To me the AP London team are people that go out of their way to help in any way they can, and that applies to the whole team, starting at the top. They've now got a great location and mechanism to assist their hospitality efforts.

Looking forward to going there.

Old 18 December 2019, 10:21 AM   #58
chmk
"TRF" Member

I was invited to and attended their complications dinner with Michael Friedman - Jason Atherton was cooking, AP really go all out when they host.

From my conversations with senior execs at the brand, it really is a space for those who want to get to know the brand better. Probably better to email and call in advance of going (it’s by appointment only) but you certainly don’t need to show your AP at the door to get in.

It does function like a little club though - people have been invited to host their birthdays/events at the venue

Have many photos from the night but size limitations mean that this shall have to suffice.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 3AE51685-FF3E-4812-BF0B-76A0E9582A8F.jpeg (288.2 KB, 223 views)
chmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 December 2019, 02:25 PM   #59
conkers
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
Good post from GS. I think the concept is fantastic and (ab)use it regularly! Next AP House HK party is tomorrow night.
Old 20 December 2019, 07:01 AM   #60
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmk View Post
I was invited to and attended their complications dinner with Michael Friedman - Jason Atherton was cooking, AP really go all out when they host.

From my conversations with senior execs at the brand, it really is a space for those who want to get to know the brand better. Probably better to email and call in advance of going (it’s by appointment only) but you certainly don’t need to show your AP at the door to get in.

It does function like a little club though - people have been invited to host their birthdays/events at the venue

Have many photos from the night but size limitations mean that this shall have to suffice.
Having your birthday there is a bit too fan-girly, unless Jason is cooking and Carolina Bucci and Belén Mozo are invited too.

Just seen Jason in a spat with Nigella, sounds like he's lost the plot a bit there.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...estaurant.html