The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 14 March 2022, 05:58 AM   #1
cszy67
Banned

Order from OMEGA, boutique or retailer?

I am wondering what are the advantages, or disadvantages, associated with purchasing a new Moonwatch Professional (310.30.42.50.01.002) through OMEGA, a boutique, or retailer?

Of course, price and tax come to mind, but are there other benefits?
cszy67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2022, 07:09 AM   #2
AEC
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Idiot Savant
People purchasing recently are reporting little to no discount from the sticker price on popular Omega models. It's possible an out-of-state dealer can avoid charging sales tax. Otherwise, I think you can assume the purchase price will be pretty much equal from each channel, and you can choose based on any other criteria that matter to you.
AEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2022, 07:35 AM   #3
Stevec14
"TRF" Member

Watch: 321, Snoopy 3
Given the way omega appear to be going, I’d go through the boutique to give you some relationship should anything they restrict to OB only take your fancy. As above, discounts are becoming less so for me that would be the way to go.
Stevec14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2022, 09:02 AM   #4
VegasBaby
Banned

At the Boutique, you get the privilege of paying full price plus tax. At the AD, you can still negotiate!!
VegasBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2022, 03:53 PM   #5
BMWMotoRider
"TRF" Member

From what I can tell, Omega is not selling watches directly on their website as of very recently, at least in the US.
BMWMotoRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2022, 08:11 PM   #6
AEC
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Idiot Savant
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWMotoRider View Post
From what I can tell, Omega is not selling watches directly on their website as of very recently, at least in the US.
I just navigated a moment ago to an Aqua Terra and also to a Speedmaster Pro in the "On Line Store" in the USA, and I had the "Add to Basket" button on both of those watches.

Also, either I missed it before or Omega quietly slipped in an increase of $100 to the price of a Speedmaster Pro on a bracelet (only a $50 increase on the Sapphire Sandwich).
AEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2022, 09:12 PM   #7
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
I have purchased directly from an Omega Boutique and from several AD's and have found that the price negotiation piece is directly related to the watch you are trying to buy. New releases or hot models will not be discounted. Models that have been out a while and are not as sought after can be discounted. I was offered 5% at a Boutique recently on a Speedmaster and 18% on the same watch from an AD. I had this conversation with both the SA's and that is what was said. I buy a lot from our Trusted Sellers and have found DavidSW to have the largest Omega inventory on his website and the price are fair leaning toward good.

Last edited by 1William; 14 March 2022 at 09:29 PM.. Reason: spelling
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2022, 12:26 AM   #8
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEC View Post
Also, either I missed it before or Omega quietly slipped in an increase of $100 to the price of a Speedmaster Pro on a bracelet (only a $50 increase on the Sapphire Sandwich).
US had a price increase on March 1 for some models. New Speedmasters were definitely included.
texasmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2022, 12:34 AM   #9
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
If you purchase from a boutique it may put you in a better position to obtain the more difficult references like the 321
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2022, 01:00 AM   #10
vinny84
2024 Pledge Member

If the Moonwatch is all you really want, then I would consider going with a trusted seller on here or other gray dealer. If there are other Omega references you’re interested in then developing a relationship with an AD would be your best bet
vinny84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2022, 07:48 AM   #11
watchmavan
"TRF" Member

Watch: Polar 16570
Boutique = end user experience
AD = price discount

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
watchmavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2022, 08:32 AM   #12
Mach
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP ROO
If this is a "one and done" Omega purchase, they go with an AD and try to negotiate. But, if you want to expand your Omega collection and acquire special edition pieces such as a Speedmaster Calibre 321 "Ed White," then it will be critical to establish a relationship with an Omega Boutique.
Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2022, 10:30 AM   #13
cszy67
Banned

Thanks for all of your helpful tips - I purchased my new OMEGA Speedmaster Moonwatch Professional from a nearby AD and plan to stop by this weekend to be fit. Although there were a few other options available I decided on this one since they are an AD for Grand Seiko also and I have been considering maybe adding one GS to my collection.
cszy67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2022, 08:53 PM   #14
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Congratulations.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2022, 10:43 AM   #15
mulberry083
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cszy67 View Post
Thanks for all of your helpful tips - I purchased my new OMEGA Speedmaster Moonwatch Professional from a nearby AD and plan to stop by this weekend to be fit. Although there were a few other options available I decided on this one since they are an AD for Grand Seiko also and I have been considering maybe adding one GS to my collection.
Curious-were you able to negotiate a discount?
mulberry083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2022, 04:00 PM   #16
nickorette
"TRF" Member

Regardless of brand, I've always had the best experiences purchasing directly from the manufacturer's boutique. It always felt more of an occasion and an experience. Sales staff more knowledgeable and dedicated to customer experience. That and boutiques usually have more/better stock as well as access to hard to get pieces.
IWC: Portuguese Min. Repeater, Pilot 36, Pallweber RG, Vintage Pilot's, Ingenieur Patek: 5098P, 5738R, 5120G, 5172G JLC: Reverso Classic, Duomètre, Polaris Memovox 50th, MUTM Enamel AP: 15450 Lange: Lange 1, Copper Blue, Richard Lange, 1815 Up/Down Rolex: 116000, 116520, 126655, 124060, 116505, 228238 Panerai: Luminor 676 Omega: Aqua Terra, SM 300, Museum N°10, SM 321, CK 859 Cartier: Santos Medium, Tank LC VC: Cornes De Vache, Triple Calendrier, 222, 4300V/120R FPJ: CS LF: Classic Micro Rotor
nickorette is online now   Reply With Quote