The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Panerai Discussion Forum

Old 6 October 2014, 09:57 PM   #1
sdh1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500 LN
PAM Newbie 359 or 423

Hi All

After being a long term Rolex fan and telling myself I would never wear another brand, I have had my head turned slightly after seeing a Panerai on a gentleman's wrist whilst out this weekend. Whilst I don't know what model it was, it looked stunning and I have now find myself wanting one

I have spent several hours studying the various models and reference numbers (which is a bit confusing to start with) and THINK I have it narrowed down to the 423 or the 359 both Luminor 1950's. I love the brownish colour lume on the dials and think it would look great on the brown Assolutamente strap. The only thing that worries me is the size of the 423 @ 47mm! (I have a 7.5 inch wrist) I guess I just need to try and find somewhere to try them on

What do you guys think of these two models?
sdh1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2014, 02:06 PM   #2
drivenlifestyle

Watch: PAM 171
Two different looks. I like the vintage look of the 423 myself better. The 359 is a classic looking piece though too. Get em both!! ;-)

You could alway get different straps... got love that option.
drivenlifestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2014, 09:07 PM   #3
Cru Jones
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

you should probably be able to wear both, but, some say the 372/422/423 case at 47mm wears more comfortably than the 44mm 1950s luminor case, which is more top heavy.

as for 359 v 423, these are two very different models beyond the case size and shape, with one being auto + arabic + with date, and the other being manual + no date + power reserve on dial. tough to say which is better *for you*.
Cru Jones is offline   Reply With Quote