Old 16 June 2017, 07:33 AM   #31
breitlings
Banned

Watch: Apple TV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshwatchman View Post
Same pic just resized to 1000x1000

Home much bigger you guys want?
I can see you're point its just such a visual thread and subject imho.
breitlings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2017, 04:48 PM   #32
Lol-x
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by breitlings View Post
I can see you're point its just such a visual thread and subject imho.
That sentence doesn't make sense to me, but what it being said is that you can upload a photo with more than sufficient width and visual clarity that there can be no cause for complaint.

The fact is that cameras (and mobile phones) these days have 20mb cameras which are capable of (and regularly do) take photos which are enormous.

This website just does not have the capacity to store photos which are multiple megabytes in size both in terms of pixels and file size.

Further the display of photos that are wider than 1250 pixels is unnecessary, unreasonable, and unviewable without horizontal and vertical scrolling.

Finally, this website never facilitated the uploading of multiple megabyte photos or provided online file reduction, so there has been no change of permissions, its just the same as it always has been.

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln
Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride. ~John F. Kennedy

ROLEXploitation - yeah I'm a victim
Lol-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2017, 09:41 PM   #33
Yzord
"TRF" Member

Watch: The Gibeon watch
Go to postimg.org, choose your preferred size, upload your picture and there you have you preferred size. Copy the second link in the list of options and use the IMG tag to show it here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 17 June 2017, 09:46 PM   #34
Lol-x
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzord View Post
Go to postimg.org, choose your preferred size, upload your picture and there you have you preferred size. Copy the second link in the list of options and use the IMG tag to show it here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You don't need to re-size, the forum will do that automatically now with the IMG tag to make all embedded link photos to be 1100 pixels wide.

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln

Old 17 June 2017, 10:17 PM   #35
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
I simply capture the picture on my phone and when I send it through tapatalk I select "medium" as the size. Works like a charm.
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2017, 02:50 AM   #36
breitlings
Banned

Watch: Apple TV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lol-x View Post
That sentence doesn't make sense to me, but what it being said is that you can upload a photo with more than sufficient width and visual clarity that there can be no cause for complaint.

The fact is that cameras (and mobile phones) these days have 20mb cameras which are capable of (and regularly do) take photos which are enormous.

This website just does not have the capacity to store photos which are multiple megabytes in size both in terms of pixels and file size.

Further the display of photos that are wider than 1250 pixels is unnecessary, unreasonable, and unviewable without horizontal and vertical scrolling.

Finally, this website never facilitated the uploading of multiple megabyte photos or provided online file reduction, so there has been no change of permissions, its just the same as it always has been.
My apologies for the poorly written sentiment. I was suggesting, if possible the forum could automatically resize images upon uploading (after using client side validation to protect against DDoS and mitigate processing resources tax). Because we are not discussing philosophy or math, sports, or coding but a visual subject matter and the posts of images are important to seeing watches, movements and etc. It just makers it easier for people to snap a photo on their phone then upload it.

If you look at breitlingsource, they do not have as much traffic as they used to, in part because they are breitlings, but also I believe because of very heavy restrictions on photo uploads did not keep up with modern technology. Without as many pictures the forum declined in popularity.

Thanks again for all your help in facilitating this forum, if you would ever need any assistance in hosting resources, SEO, security, or coding please feel free to reach out and I will provide it gratis.

breitlings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2017, 08:48 AM   #37
scarlet knight
"TRF" Member

Watch: Good ones
I was able to easily post pictures a couple of weeks ago. Now it says everything is oversized. I frankly do not know how to fix it.

The young techie whippersnappers can mock the old fogeys, but the old fogeys have a lot of great watches. I am no longer posting on 2 other watch sites due to technical difficulties. I am a pledge member and this site is next on my decreasing interest list.

Technology should make things easier as time goes on, not harder. Mock away till two coders are showing each other their Subs.
scarlet knight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2017, 04:31 PM   #38
Lol-x
Facilitator

Fixed

Enjoy

Old 25 June 2017, 04:33 PM   #39
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lol-x View Post
Fixed

Enjoy
What is fixed Steve?

Are we back to scrolling again?

Edit: never mind, I see it's 1250 x 1250 now.
MonBK is offline   Reply With Quote