The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 7 December 2019, 11:50 AM   #271
steeevvvooo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedly1 View Post
The uae watches were not for issue to troops .. they were presentation / gift watches ... any use of a blue bezel would ( and I’m not saying it was ) have been purely because someone liked the look of it and maybe wanted to make them look different not for a pragmatic military reason
Thankyou. That makes more sense and I can understand how it was at least a plausible story. I just couldn't see how references above to military orders corresponded to a bezel which was a purely cosmetic change. I'm now off to read those other threads referenced above...

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Old 7 December 2019, 12:20 PM   #272
Verdi
"TRF" Member

Watch: Big Ben
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedly1 View Post
The uae watches were not for issue to troops .. they were presentation / gift watches ... any use of a blue bezel would ( and I’m not saying it was ) have been purely because someone liked the look of it and maybe wanted to make them look different not for a pragmatic military reason
Well, yes and......
Some models were for officers (they could use them or not in combat).....other to be given as gifts. Most of the UAE stamped Rolex watches were DJs and OP date. These have the UAE armed forces emblem (with a few exceptions).

Few Daytonas and GMTs that were commissioned got to higher ranking officers/dignitaries.
The Daytonas and the GMTs originated from Dubai. (these have the UAE crest, the country emblem) They were commissioned by HH Sheikh Mohamed (he is now the ruler of Dubai) to celebrate being named the first Minister of Defence of the newly formed country. This happened in 1971.

The DJ and OP dates kept coming over the years....into the '80s. There are also a few DDs (high rank officers and VIPs designated).
The very few Daytonas and GMTs with UAE stamped dial are all from the '70s.

PS: some smaller batches had distinctive Air Force or Dubai Police emblem. These were OPs mainly.
Old 7 December 2019, 01:04 PM   #273
RolexPassion
Banned

Rsc paper 2004

usually the policy of the Rolex Service Center (told and written to me directly by the NY office manager when I brought you a Tiffany)
is that if a watch has only one non-original component, it is not accepted to perform the service,
the procedures are two:
Either the customer, once warned, comes to take back the watch,
or in the past the unoriginal piece was removed and replaced by a service part .
Well, in this 2004 RSC the BLUE BEZEL is declared and the service is done,
but I am sure that as always you will find good arguments to deny everything …..

Ultimately, for many of you it makes more sense to have a letter (or an email printed probably ) that seems FAKE or done for a non expert employee , put around by a psychopath who is jealous of everyone and attacks the whole world in order to make everyone lose credibility,
rather than an official service document issued by Rolex NY after servicing this watch .....

OK, I give up …
if this is not a counter-proof for you,
then whatever we find from here on will be useless and you will always be of your opinion (like Orchi)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BlueRCS .jpg (205.9 KB, 327 views)
Old 7 December 2019, 01:37 PM   #274
sillo
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5 Digit
All blue GMT fake

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolexPassion View Post
usually the policy of the Rolex Service Center (told and written to me directly by the NY office manager when I brought you a Tiffany)

is that if a watch has only one non-original component, it is not accepted to perform the service,

the procedures are two:

or in the past the unoriginal piece was removed and replaced by a service part .

but I am sure that as always you will find good arguments to deny everything …..

Well my last trip to RSC NY I was told my crystal was aftermarket because it didn’t have the LEC. This was a watch that was produced well before the LEC was used (N serial 16700). They said they would not do anything to the watch without a full service and a replacement of the crystal. The last time the watch was serviced was by them in 2009 and the crystal had not been replaced since.

So they serviced the watch previously with an “aftermarket” crystal and didn’t change it. When I challenged them all they said was “our policies have changed.”

I would not use RSC servicing a watch in 2004 as proof of anything.

@TheGMTHand
Old 7 December 2019, 01:47 PM   #275
Filipăo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Never too many
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillo38 View Post
Well my last trip to RSC NY I was told my crystal was aftermarket because it didn’t have the LEC. This was a watch that was produced well before the LEC was used (N serial 16700). They said they would not do anything to the watch without a full service and a replacement of the crystal. The last time the watch was serviced was by them in 2009 and the crystal had not been replaced since.

So they serviced the watch previously with an “aftermarket” crystal and didn’t change it. When I challenged them all they said was “our policies have changed.”

I would not use RSC servicing a watch in 2004 as proof of anything.
Of course not.
Old 7 December 2019, 02:24 PM   #276
RolexPassion
Banned

A crystal is much less important than the rest, as we know well and you can even not notary,
a BLUE BEZEL NO !
But other than that, let me understand:
so the RSC when it says (by e-mail or fake letter , or by the hand of an employee who knows nothing about vintage) that something does not exist, you take it for good, but when instead there is a document of a RSC executed with clearly written is there a BLUE bezel is not good ?
Why don't you use the same yardstick for everything?
Then there is a lot of desire and interest on the part of many to pass the blue bezels in anyway as FAKE ......
Old 7 December 2019, 02:29 PM   #277
RolexPassion
Banned

Resuming:

if anyone on any doubt Rolex letterhead (without having seen the watch in person) writes to you:
the blue bezel never existed,
it sure is true ...

If the Rolex branch at the head of the USA performs a service and
passes the watch by writing "ALL BLUE BEZEL"
False ?

Ok, I don't know what to tell you anymore ....
Old 7 December 2019, 02:31 PM   #278
RolexPassion
Banned

After Rolex make service for example on a 6241 PN

did you never seen in your life a
Rolex Official document in modern times with written :

"Rolex declare the 6241 PN Dial exist" .... ???

no, me never , if they now pass a service it's mean the dial is ok
Old 7 December 2019, 02:44 PM   #279
sillo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
A crystal is much less important than the rest, as we know well and you can even not notary,
a BLUE BEZEL NO !
But other than that, let me understand:
so the RSC when it says (by e-mail or fake letter , or by the hand of an employee who knows nothing about vintage) that something does not exist, you take it for good, but when instead there is a document of a RSC executed with clearly written is there a BLUE bezel is not good ?
Why don't you use the same yardstick for everything?
Then there is a lot of desire and interest on the part of many to pass the blue bezels in anyway as FAKE ......
Much less important yet still important enough for them to tell me they wouldn't service my watch.

My point was that just because a watch was serviced 15 years ago by any RSC doesn't automatically legitimize something. They literally told me "our policy has changed since then." They admitted to letting things slide in the past and now because of the market and the quality of the fakes appearing they tightened up their policies.

Why doesn't someone send in their blue insert watch to any RSC and see what they have to say?

I don't have a dog in this fight, I don't own a blue insert, have the desire to or even have the funds to. I'm just stating my experience with RSC and how their word isn't gospel. Most collectors on here know more than the people working there.

@TheGMTHand
Old 7 December 2019, 03:01 PM   #280
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT-MASTER
Quote:
After Rolex make service for example on a 6241 PN

did you never seen in your life a
Rolex Official document in modern times with written :

"Rolex declare the 6241 PN Dial exist" .... ???

no, me never , if they now pass a service it's mean the dial is ok
I see nothing on the aakviper document that you posted indicating that it is a service receipt. Actually, I'm not quite sure what it is - but my best guess would be that, if it is genuine, it is a letter documenting the receipt of a GMT which contains a description of the watch.

INSTAGRAM USER NAME: SPRINGERJFP
Visit my Instagram page to view some of the finest vintage GMTs anywhere - as well as other vintage classics.
Old 7 December 2019, 03:05 PM   #281
sillo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by springer View Post
I see nothing on the aakviper document that you posted indicating that it is a service receipt. Actually, I'm not quite sure what it is - but my best guess would be that, if it is genuine, it is a letter documenting the receipt of a GMT which contains a description of the watch.
Someone on instagram said it was just an insurance evaluation. No idea if that's true or not though.

@TheGMTHand
Old 7 December 2019, 03:55 PM   #282
BigBlue1
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: it pal !
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue1 View Post
I think we should get a petition going with online signatures. Send Rolex a letter requesting they do an investigation into the how the Shrouded in Mystery Blue GMT Insert AKA Blueberry came into existence. I don't think this is an unreasonable request. We must within are community here and or abroad within reach of one of are members have someone that can influence such investigation in its such existence. I don't know if maybe someone is afraid to break the camels back, but maybe it was meant to be broken. I know sometimes they say Let lying dogs lie, but.

Hypochondria is the only disease I haven't got
RIP Mikey
Old 7 December 2019, 04:22 PM   #283
canadianswiss
Banned

Quote:

the procedures are two:

Ultimately, for many of you it makes more sense to have a letter (or an email printed probably ) that seems FAKE or done for a non expert employee , put around by a psychopath who is jealous of everyone and attacks the whole world in order to make everyone lose credibility,

rather than an official service document issued by Rolex NY after servicing this watch .....

OK, I give up …

if this is not a counter-proof for you,

then whatever we find from here on will be useless and you will always be of your opinion (like Orchi)

Every Service Work Order from any Rolex Service Centre in the world comes with Job Number.

What is the Service Job Number for this alleged Service from NY Rolex Service Centre?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 8 December 2019, 01:39 AM   #284
ROGERB
"TRF" Member

Watch: 89 16610, 57 7914,
You would think that with all the Rolex Service Centers and how large this WIS community is, somewhere a retired or still working watchmaker/service person would be able to empirically state they saw a Rolex GMT Bezel in all blue or that they were available?
R
Old 8 December 2019, 02:19 AM   #285
antrolexsub
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by springer View Post
Exactly my thoughts. It looks to be an estimate that’s been conveniently cropped. So all it’s stating is the condition the watch has been received in. It’s not a confirmation of anything. The rest of the estimate would be interesting, but that hasn’t been posted for a reason I suspect.

The word special is interesting. ‘Special flip lock clasp’? What can be special about a flip lock clasp? I’m taking that as not original to the watch. ‘Special 24 hour bezel’ You can see where I’m going with this.

Have a look at these inserts:

There is no doubt what so ever that these are fake in my opinion.

Genuine bezel inserts are produced by first anodising the raw aluminium bezel, pad printing a mask for the numbers, and then dyed. If the numbers on the bezel are scratched on a genuine insert, all you’ll see underneath is the aluminium colour, and NOT the colour of the dyed insert. A far more tolerant approach to wear.

The inserts above have been anodised, dyed and then had the numbers pad printed on top. Not the way it’s done by any manufacturer Rolex have used in 50+ years.
Old 8 December 2019, 04:29 AM   #286
exador
Banned

This is getting crazy

https://www.instagram.com/tuscanyrose/?hl=en
Old 8 December 2019, 05:11 AM   #287
Juhuatai
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 5508 & 9401
Well if that post is true then the all blue insert is legit. No doubt about it.

EDIT: oh orchi was being sarcastic. Lol what the hell. Carry on as usual I guess.
Old 8 December 2019, 05:14 AM   #288
southtexas

Quote:
Originally Posted by exador View Post

I guess he hasn’t figured out yet he was 100% gut-hooked by Orchi’s “apology” post.

Follow me on Instagram @ccrolex
Old 8 December 2019, 05:48 AM   #289
Kingface66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 1966 Rolex 5513
Quote:
Originally Posted by southtexas View Post
I guess he hasn’t figured out yet he was 100% gut-hooked by Orchi’s “apology” post.

For those who didn't read the comments between the two parties in that Instagram post:

orchi_palar
As expected Mr.Buckley, very disappointing again. You had nothing tangible you can use to support your bullshits and those dingleberries you sold, and desperate to find one more excuse you can continue with those lies. You cannot even recognize the Seller nor the watch being total fake to begin with, including the dingleberry Rolex stated NEVER produced
1h1 likeReply

tuscanyrose
@orchi_palar Lolol! We have the real watches with real papers. Figured you’d show this...😂😂😂💙
1h1 likeReply

orchi_palar
@tuscanyrose Wrong Mr.Buckley, dont you forget, you the one who swear Rolex papers mean nothing to you. So why you even the need to use one? Very contradicting expertice coming from you
Old 8 December 2019, 06:28 AM   #290
1675-David
"TRF" Member

I miss having buddy Orchi around here!
Old 8 December 2019, 06:47 AM   #291
2024 Pledge Member

Dingleberries!

That made my day.
Old 8 December 2019, 07:26 AM   #292
exador
Banned

The self-titled “Blueberry King”. Would you buy a watch off this guy?

Old 8 December 2019, 07:28 AM   #293
Filipăo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Never too many
Wonder why was Orchi banned.

Anyone?
Old 8 December 2019, 07:49 AM   #294
btinl
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: on my wrist
Quote:
Originally Posted by exador View Post
The self-titled “Blueberry King”. Would you buy a watch off this guy?

Nope. I wouldn’t buy a Buckley dial either.
Old 8 December 2019, 07:50 AM   #295
Wahlberg
"TRF" Member

Old people and instagram, take a break and relax and don't post too much.
Old 8 December 2019, 09:01 AM   #296
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahlberg View Post
Old people and instagram, take a break and relax and don't post too much.
lol... so true.
Old 8 December 2019, 09:11 AM   #297
sillo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 037 View Post
lol... so true.

For real.

What’s the back story on this guy anyway? From the way he carries himself on social media he seems like a bozo.

@TheGMTHand
Old 8 December 2019, 09:33 AM   #298
roh123
"TRF" Member

Watch: Gilt Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillo38 View Post
For real.

What’s the back story on this guy anyway? From the way he carries himself on social media he seems like a bozo.
He’s an old time diamond district dealer. Well reputated. Orchi is an old time WIS gone troll. This whole story is tiresome where no one is winning. It doesn’t really help the hobby either.
Old 8 December 2019, 09:36 AM   #299
BigBlue1

I thought the video with the kid was poor taste. Money and Blueberries.

RIP Mikey
Old 8 December 2019, 09:50 AM   #300
BigBlue1

I still think we should gather a bunch on electronic signatures , send a letter off to Rolex requesting they conduct an investigation into how if at all legit, the Blueberry insert came into existence. I still don’t think it’s an unreasonable request. Someone here or abroad that someone knows who can hold such influence to persuade such and investigation. If it really is legit, let’s get some documentation and put this too bed. One shouldn’t quail to call a fake a fake.

RIP Mikey
Closed Thread