The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 5 December 2019, 12:54 PM   #1
rickc007
"TRF" Member

Well, FedEx didn't deliver ....

Was "on Vehicle" all day, no attempts ... just now listed as "At local FedEx facility"

Never seen this before. Actually saw the truck drive past my house at one point. Was waiting for him to turn around ???

Anyone seen this before ?
They usually don't go home until they are done.
rickc007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2019, 01:01 PM   #2
dane75
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 16753
Yeah, same thing happened to me about a year ago on a TV that was being delivered. They have a cut off time (I think it's 7 or 8) that they don't work beyond, even if they haven't delivered everything. I called and told them to deliver it to a local store and I'd pick it up the next day. They said they could do that for a fee. After a few deep breaths and a somewhat terse discussion about how I'd burned a day off work, based on their delivery schedule, just to sign for it resulted in them waiving the fee (and me picking up the TV the next day).
dane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2019, 01:03 PM   #3
Fat_ninja
Banned

Watch: P-01
Yep they do that all the time.... makes me feel like they trying to steal it.... literally we’ll see the guy drive by.
Fat_ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2019, 01:05 PM   #4
rickc007
"TRF" Member

That's what has me worried now.
I called support, and they asked my contact info, then "what's in the package ?"
I said a watch, then immediately regretted it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_ninja View Post
Yep they do that all the time.... makes me feel like they trying to steal it.... literally we’ll see the guy drive by.
Old 5 December 2019, 01:07 PM   #5
rickc007
"TRF" Member

I burned a day off today, and can't tomorrow.
I'm actually really pissed off.

I didn't think we had a cut off time, maybe UPS doesn't
but if I'm at the end of their run, and they're too busy, I may not get that watch til after the Holidays :-D

Quote:
Originally Posted by dane75 View Post
Yeah, same thing happened to me about a year ago on a TV that was being delivered. They have a cut off time (I think it's 7 or 8) that they don't work beyond, even if they haven't delivered everything. I called and told them to deliver it to a local store and I'd pick it up the next day. They said they could do that for a fee. After a few deep breaths and a somewhat terse discussion about how I'd burned a day off work, based on their delivery schedule, just to sign for it resulted in them waiving the fee (and me picking up the TV the next day).
Old 5 December 2019, 01:09 PM   #6
JodyHighroller
Banned

Have you considered using the hold at location option? I use it all the time whenever I have a package that requires a signature. I have it held at the local Fedex facility that the drivers operate out of.
JodyHighroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2019, 01:09 PM   #7
subtona
"TRF" Member

Watch: APK & sometimes Y
After a number of missed deliveries that end up in limbo on the truck, I now have deliveries shipped to and held at my nearest FedEx facility.

I go and pick it up at my convenience and cut out the local delivery truck xfactor.
I have had very good luck this way.
Old 5 December 2019, 01:10 PM   #8
Fat_ninja
Banned

Watch: P-01
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickc007 View Post
That's what has me worried now.
I called support, and they asked my contact info, then "what's in the package ?"
I said a watch, then immediately regretted it.
We usually call them right away to reroute and then pick it up. I’m sure it’s fine.
Fat_ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2019, 01:12 PM   #9
rickc007
"TRF" Member

For the two reasons below, I can not ????
It's from Jomashop and probably my last from them, this sucks

"Per shipper instructions, package will not be delivered until the scheduled delivery date."

"Delivery option(s) aren't available due to shipper restrictions. Please contact the shipper."

Quote:
Originally Posted by JodyHighroller View Post
Have you considered using the hold at location option? I use it all the time whenever I have a package that requires a signature. I have it held at the local Fedex facility that the drivers operate out of.
Old 5 December 2019, 01:13 PM   #10
dane75
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I burned a day off today, and can't tomorrow.
I'm actually really pissed off.

I didn't think we had a cut off time, maybe UPS doesn't
but if I'm at the end of their run, and they're too busy, I may not get that watch til after the Holidays :-D

Rick, I have to apologize. Now that I think of it, my delivery snafu (and the cut off on the delivery times during the day) was with UPS, not FedEx. If you have a local FedEx/Kinko's center near you, I bet you can call them and ask them to drop it off there and you can go sign for it the next day during business hours. It's at least worth a shot. Best of luck on it (and I can sympathize with the frustration of a day off, shackled at home, burned for nothing)!
Old 5 December 2019, 01:14 PM   #11
rickc007
"TRF" Member

Jomashop has a block on doing this apparently ...

Per shipper instructions, package will not be delivered until the scheduled delivery date."

"Delivery option(s) aren't available due to shipper restrictions. Please contact the shipper."

Quote:
Originally Posted by dane75 View Post
Rick, I have to apologize. Now that I think of it, my delivery snafu (and the cut off on the delivery times during the day) was with UPS, not FedEx. If you have a local FedEx/Kinko's center near you, I bet you can call them and ask them to drop it off there and you can go sign for it the next day during business hours. It's at least worth a shot. Best of luck on it (and I can sympathize with the frustration of a day off, shackled at home, burned for nothing)!
Old 5 December 2019, 01:16 PM   #12
Danny83
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yellow Gold
FedEx and all carriers are really backed up this week because of Cyber Monday you will get it tomorrow.
Danny83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2019, 01:17 PM   #13
rickc007
"TRF" Member

This is incorrect, I can not take tomorrow off, and camp in my house for another 12 hours.

With Jomashops blocks, I don't know how I'm going to get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny83 View Post
FedEx and all carriers are really backed up this week because of Cyber Monday you will get it tomorrow.
Old 5 December 2019, 01:18 PM   #14
dane75
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Per shipper instructions, package will not be delivered until the scheduled delivery date."

I've never understood seller's restrictions on this. As long as you show up, show ID, and sign for receipt, why do they care if it's at your house, their local processing center, or a seedy back-alley littered with the dead?

I'm guessing there is a reason, but I've never been able to figure it.
Old 5 December 2019, 01:22 PM   #15
1665fan
"TRF" Member

Call them and setup a time you can go to the main facility and pick up in person what I would do
1665fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2019, 01:26 PM   #16
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
I'm assuming there's a Rolex involved here somewhere, but moving thread over to Open Discussion just the same
Old 5 December 2019, 01:33 PM   #17
Dubshack
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126334
Quote:

Try calling fedex and ask them to hold it, regardless of what jomashop says. Can’t hurt to ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dubshack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2019, 01:36 PM   #18
kieselguhr
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1601
Happens all the time with Amazon, FedEx, or UPS.

The worst that happened to me was that FedEx delivered my package to a similar address several blocks away and it said delivered in status. When I called customer service they said it was signed for... they weren’t very helpful other than giving me the address it was delivered to.

So I figure, well if you want something done right... go do it yourself. I drove to the similar address which wasn’t all that similar... rang the bell and out came this old lady. She insisted that the package was hers despite me showing my ID and my name being on the shipping label. After I told her that she was knowingly stealing my package now that I have notified her that I was the intended recipient and was right in front of her, she started getting really defensive and threatened to call the cops. I didn’t want to get into an awkward confrontation at that point and started calling the cops myself. She had a change of heart after seeing me do this, went back in and handed me my package, opened.

In any case, I don’t mean for this to make you anxious or anything. I am sure Jomashop insures their shipments given the high value nature of their sales product. Good luck op.
kieselguhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2019, 01:37 PM   #19
Nikrnic
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blnr, Expll, Subs,
That's happened to me at least once with ups.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Nikrnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2019, 01:48 PM   #20
SemperFi
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Submariner
Quote:
I’ve had both FedEx and UPS packages delayed by at least a day each this week. They simply can’t keep up with the volume and it will probably remain that way until the holidays are over.
Tudor Ranger 79910
Nomos Club Datum 733
Nomos Metro 38
Stowa Flieger Classic 40

* Card carrying member of TRF's Global Association of Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons *
SemperFi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2019, 01:51 PM   #21
rickc007
"TRF" Member

That's not good because I'm at the end of their run, and if they couldn't make it here today, there is no gaurentee that will make it tomorrow or the next day.
It's only going to get busier in the coming days ...

Equally annoying, I paid extra for 2 day delivery

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperFi View Post
I’ve had both FedEx and UPS packages delayed by at least a day each this week. They simply can’t keep up with the volume and it will probably remain that way until the holidays are over.
Old 5 December 2019, 02:09 PM   #22
offrdmania
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

I have a local Fedex hub nearby and I have the seller always deliver there so that I can pick up at my leisure.
Old 5 December 2019, 03:30 PM   #23
dba
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16710
Could have been worse, the driver could have tossed the box from the truck to your porch. Still, very frustrating.
dba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2019, 04:43 PM   #24
Investr
Banned

Watch: Constantly changes
Goodness gracious! Just go to the Fedex hub with your tracking number and they will sort it out
Investr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2019, 06:49 PM   #25
zama
"TRF" Member

Watch: 4 Broken glass
My Fed Ex lady is awesome, I do pick ups as well, they are amazing here in Australia
zama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2019, 07:38 PM   #26
Cru Jones
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:

x2

After this crazy weekend, I think we can cut those delivery guys and gals some slack.
Cru Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2019, 07:51 PM   #27
mailman
TRF Moderator & DATE-JUST41 2024 Patron

Watch: 126610LN
Quote:
You're right Danny. We have UPS drop off at work every day. I was talking to our regular driver yesterday. He has to be back by 10PM, even if everything isn't delivered.
Old 5 December 2019, 07:55 PM   #28
T4ME
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Exactly
T4ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2019, 01:23 AM   #29
Chewbacca
Banned

Watch: Kessel Run Chrono
Quote:
Originally Posted by offrdmania View Post
I have a local Fedex hub nearby and I have the seller always deliver there so that I can pick up at my leisure.
Rule for all big ticket shipments this time of year.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2019, 02:53 AM   #30
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

If you're waiting at home and they need a signature, don't use the bathroom that day.

They know and that's when they deliver. Sit on your porch with an empty water bottle and good luck. Do not nod off either.
Blansky is offline   Reply With Quote