The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 16 October 2020, 01:31 PM   #91
DudePerfect
Banned

Watch: amacallit!
The 22-21 GT4 with the now 6cyl mid engine boxer motor is definitely the better handling, higher future value race car.

While the Cab is the open top Sunday cruise with the significant other that doubles as a daily driver in 911 you originally considered with a bigger hit when time to sell.
DudePerfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2020, 01:34 PM   #92
lig
"TRF" Member

Watch: Enthusiast
I’m biased being a happy 911 owner. That would be my clear first choice out of this bunch. The 570 would be a great weekend car.

If my wife demanded a new fun car perhaps the California but there’s zero chance I would choose one for myself. :)

And 911 > ALS + Patek :D
lig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2020, 01:54 PM   #93
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudePerfect View Post
The 22-21 GT4 with the now 6cyl mid engine boxer motor is definitely the better handling, higher future value race car.

While the Cab is the open top Sunday cruise with the significant other that doubles as a daily driver in 911 you originally considered with a bigger hit when time to sell.
agreed makes sense... dont care about resale value much but GT4/ 718 Spyder it is for me..
dauster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2020, 01:55 PM   #94
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lig View Post
I’m biased being a happy 911 owner. That would be my clear first choice out of this bunch. The 570 would be a great weekend car.

If my wife demanded a new fun car perhaps the California but there’s zero chance I would choose one for myself. :)

And 911 > ALS + Patek :D
also agreed here, still somewhat tempted by the 570 but I heard so many bad stories now about maintenance issues - turns me off a bit.

Yeah, I think the watches have to take 2nd fiddle for now.
Old 17 October 2020, 03:50 AM   #95
twinturb089
"TRF" Member

Watch: day date 40
Buy a new acura nsx, You can build one online and the dealers are taking 20k off the build price. You cant beat a car with a 70k , 7 year warrantee . I was looking at the same cars before covid hit. The porsche all look like a girls boxter so they where out of the choice. The mclarens are too scary without warrantee. I was looking at the mclared 600lt, 17 viper acr, or ferrari 458. A friend just bought a 2020 nsx and it is pretty impressive ! But to darn quite, it needs exhaust and a tune. But will take whatever beating you throw at it.Right now i am waiting to see what happens after november as prices are insane right now. Depending on what way the election goes, We may be headed for the biggest depression this country has ever seen. You will be able to get a steal of a deal then..... Time will tell
twinturb089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2020, 05:55 AM   #96
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturb089 View Post
Buy a new acura nsx, You can build one online and the dealers are taking 20k off the build price. You cant beat a car with a 70k , 7 year warrantee . I was looking at the same cars before covid hit. The porsche all look like a girls boxter so they where out of the choice. The mclarens are too scary without warrantee. I was looking at the mclared 600lt, 17 viper acr, or ferrari 458. A friend just bought a 2020 nsx and it is pretty impressive ! But to darn quite, it needs exhaust and a tune. But will take whatever beating you throw at it.Right now i am waiting to see what happens after november as prices are insane right now. Depending on what way the election goes, We may be headed for the biggest depression this country has ever seen. You will be able to get a steal of a deal then..... Time will tell
thanks but unlikely as I am a "brand whore" don't see myself as an acura guy but will try keep an open mind and stop being ignorant for sec and check it out. hard to imagine that you were looking at a 458 but bought an acura.

edit: I know you didnt buy it (need to read more carefully) and it does look mean just checked it out:) agreed waiting for the election is a good start - discounts reign on me!!!!!
Old 17 October 2020, 08:51 AM   #97
iLLGT2
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP ROO Blue Scuba
Quote:
Originally Posted by dauster View Post
agreed makes sense... dont care about resale value much but GT4/ 718 Spyder it is for me..
Awesome you found a car and drive that moved you so much... I think the gt4 is a great enthusiast offering

My new evo spyder was a 292 sticker, pretty much almost fully optioned for the rwd , paint alone was 18k for the ad personam blue 1 of 1 but you can get a nice one for 260 region.

Can get a pre evo huracan awd/rwd with reasonable miles under 200k...

I think you already made up your mind however and just glad you found a car you truly like I also dont care about resale and buy what moves me! Kudos
iLLGT2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2020, 09:03 AM   #98
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLGT2 View Post
Awesome you found a car and drive that moved you so much... I think the gt4 is a great enthusiast offering

My new evo spyder was a 292 sticker, pretty much almost fully optioned for the rwd , paint alone was 18k for the ad personam blue 1 of 1 but you can get a nice one for 260 region.

Can get a pre evo huracan awd/rwd with reasonable miles under 200k...

I think you already made up your mind however and just glad you found a car you truly like I also dont care about resale and buy what moves me! Kudos
thanks, your Huracán is on a different level but out of my budget for sure. My porsche dealer said they are backlogged and wait would be 6 months or more for a custom 718 Spyder... a bit long for me - maybe Ill just go with the GT4 they have in stock - will take the weekend to ponder over it that recession comment from another poster also kind of got me thinking - decisions decisions.
Old 17 October 2020, 09:06 AM   #99
iLLGT2
"TRF" Member

Quote:
thanks, your Huracán is on a different level but out of my budget for sure. My porsche dealer said they are backlogged and wait would be 6 months or more for a custom 718 Spyder... a bit long for me - maybe Ill just go with the GT4 they have in stock - will take the weekend to ponder over it that recession comment from another poster also kind of got me thinking - decisions decisions.
Its all good man... droptop or coupe is def. a big personal preference... the drop top opens up a new world of experience and fun

As for recession, every professional and know it all said same thing from covid, etc and everyone was wrong with the cars and watches at their highest resale market

Dont pay attention , life is short, get what you want and enjoy it.
Old 17 October 2020, 09:09 AM   #100
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Its all good man... droptop or coupe is def. a big personal preference... the drop top opens up a new world of experience and fun

As for recession, every professional and know it all said same thing from covid, etc and everyone was wrong with the cars and watches at their highest resale market

Dont pay attention , life is short, get what you want and enjoy it.
yeah, you do have a point and it's not like I would be using my whole savings... my heart wants the spyder but the driving of the GT4 was so awesome that its tempting to just buy the one they have and not wait...
Old 17 October 2020, 09:14 AM   #101
iLLGT2
"TRF" Member

Quote:
yeah, you do have a point and it's not like I would be using my whole savings... my heart wants the spyder but the driving of the GT4 was so awesome that its tempting to just buy the one they have and not wait...
San Fran has great weather for a convertible however with the ongoing fires, air quality will you get a lot of use out of it?

Id prob go GT4, and they have great value always!!

PS I just sold my Gallardo LP570 Performante and got 23k higher than a so called "professionals" opinion on what I could get... so i know how hot the market is firsthand and with Covid the way it is and getting worse yet again, people will still be YOLO purchasing, import will be limited .. supply and demand will be the same for the next 6-8-12 months IMO... I think youll be safe, great time to buy and enjoy
Old 17 October 2020, 09:24 AM   #102
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
GT4 is one of the worst cars for the street. Ever.

It’s a track car. True story. And an incredible one. Once you are in it, and on the track or on a drive, it’s sublime. But I have a love hate relationship with my GT4.

And my wife lasted 5 minutes before she demanded I turn around and drop her off. Takes a special person to make that a dedicated street car. Even a weekender.

I’m actually selling mine. The hate has overpowered the love. Definitely drive that, and get in and out a few times prior to pulling the trigger.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2020, 09:26 AM   #103
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
San Fran has great weather for a convertible however with the ongoing fires, air quality will you get a lot of use out of it?

Id prob go GT4, and they have great value always!!

PS I just sold my Gallardo LP570 Performante and got 23k higher than a so called "professionals" opinion on what I could get... so i know how hot the market is firsthand and with Covid the way it is and getting worse yet again, people will still be YOLO purchasing, import will be limited .. supply and demand will be the same for the next 6-8-12 months IMO... I think youll be safe, great time to buy and enjoy
Fires were definitely terrible this year but realistically that was for a month (on and off) and that was the longest period of bad air quality ever - I am hoping it will be not this bad next year. Air quality would not hold me back from buying a spyder (yet).

Good for you on successfully selling your gallardo - I assume you used the funds to pay for the new huracan?
BTW how does it work at lambo ? Do you have to be some VIP customer to get cars or can anybody just order a Huracan?
Old 17 October 2020, 09:30 AM   #104
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
also agreed here, still somewhat tempted by the 570 but I heard so many bad stories now about maintenance issues - turns me off a bit.

Yeah, I think the watches have to take 2nd fiddle for now.
I was close to a 600lt. Rattled like a bucket of bolts. On the test drive. No thanks.

Old 17 October 2020, 09:31 AM   #105
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Fires were definitely terrible this year but realistically that was for a month (on and off) and that was the longest period of bad air quality ever - I am hoping it will be not this bad next year. Air quality would not hold me back from buying a spyder (yet).

Good for you on successfully selling your gallardo - I assume you used the funds to pay for the new huracan?
BTW how does it work at lambo ? Do you have to be some VIP customer to get cars or can anybody just order a Huracan?
Huracan is very easy to get.

No need to be a VIP for pretty much any lambo. You just need the cash or credit.

Old 17 October 2020, 09:55 AM   #106
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Because pictures are awesome. This is the AWD version.

And endless fun. Every time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 7B00D8ED-2025-4F14-957C-61E87F43B20F.jpeg (199.7 KB, 193 views)

Old 17 October 2020, 10:17 AM   #107
iLLGT2
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
GT4 is one of the worst cars for the street. Ever.

It’s a track car. True story. And an incredible one. Once you are in it, and on the track or on a drive, it’s sublime. But I have a love hate relationship with my GT4.

And my wife lasted 5 minutes before she demanded I turn around and drop her off. Takes a special person to make that a dedicated street car. Even a weekender.

I’m actually selling mine. The hate has overpowered the love. Definitely drive that, and get in and out a few times prior to pulling the trigger.
WOW you think its that bad?! hmmm

I guess Florida does have smooth roads but man, I was able to do 40k miles street/track in my RUF GT2 on triple adjustable motons, solid suspension components when I lived full time in NY haha
But I was young and dumb

Quote:

True. Sounds like the spider will be for you

Id say go drive an AMG GTC vert and then compare to Porsche spyder

I bought my huracan , had both cars and then decided to just consign LP570 due to Lambo not granting me anymore extension for factory warranty plus the hot market (i miss it but sold in 7 days) ... Mine was just up in September the last one under warranty in existence but Lambo got rid of CPO program a year ago when they hand wrote one for me after my service adviser screwed up and didn't submit papers in time

So no didn't use money for that and will be reinvesting it into another car soon, probably a 997.2 RS or 997 GT2

Quote:
Huracan is very easy to get.

No need to be a VIP for pretty much any lambo. You just need the cash or credit.
I bought 6 lambos from my buddies at Palm Beach so have very good relationship with them, they are family to me.

As for orders, well, its not like the impossible games of Ferrari, Porsche for GT cars however on the new Super Trofeo coming out/some other very limited production cars your relationship definitely helps and matters... but they do cater to the buyers and you do have a great chance of getting a car! As Lambos are getting better and better, performance off the charts as well as reliability they are more coveted than ever ....

Right now Huracans are actually very hard to get and build due to lack of production from Covid, theres not 1 evo RWD for sale new on cars.com and i saw two used spiders 20k over sticker. Urus's are now 10-20k higher and impossible to get now new as well, But ordinarily yes it would be pretty effortless to build one up normally
Old 17 October 2020, 10:59 AM   #108
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

^^^

That’s amazing. I had all sorts of build options When I was looking. But just checked and looks like they are tougher to get. I think that’s super.

Old 17 October 2020, 12:18 PM   #109
iLLGT2
"TRF" Member

Quote:
^^^

That’s amazing. I had all sorts of build options When I was looking. But just checked and looks like they are tougher to get. I think that’s super.
Just a very strange time we are in for luxury goods as a whole With lack of inventory and high prices

Eventually it’ll taper down however my theory is seeing how manufacturers prob love the increased and heightened values, I have a feeling they will be playing inventory/supply and demand games in the future but who knows.

What’s after GT4?
Old 17 October 2020, 12:24 PM   #110
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Just a very strange time we are in for luxury goods as a whole With lack of inventory and high prices

Eventually it’ll taper down however my theory is seeing how manufacturers prob love the increased and heightened values, I have a feeling they will be playing inventory/supply and demand games in the future but who knows.

What’s after GT4?
Nothing at the moment. It was mostly a dedicated track car. And I’m whipped by my wife. She hates when I leave. So it’s not as much fun. I tried to get her into track days, with no luck.

I have a 911 Targa GTS (by far my wife’s preference) and the EVO (my preference), so I’m mostly content. I have a Ford GT sitting getting dusty too, expecting it will appreciate.

I like the new Roma. And I’m a huge Aston fan. But for the moment, no real interest. Looking forward to the next year or so to see what is on the horizon.

Old 17 October 2020, 05:04 PM   #111
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Because pictures are awesome. This is the AWD version.

And endless fun. Every time.
Wow that looks amazing. mic drop
Old 19 October 2020, 10:31 AM   #112
Unframed
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Which car would you prefer in the $150,000 range? I assume 150k gets me a new 911 (looking at the GTS) but a preowned 570s looks fantastic I have to say. I know absolutely nothing about Ferrari but it seems like the only one in my price range would be a pre-owned California from like 2017/2018.

Any ideas/ suggestions would be appreciated.

A “new” 911 GTS would be a leftover from the previous generation, the 991.2. The current generation (992) GTS hasn’t been announced, yet. There are photos of test mules but who knows when it’ll be unveiled.

Currently, you can get a 992 Carrera, Targa, or Turbo.

You can get a new Carrera or Targa variant for less than your $150k budget. The Turbo starts at $170k.

A Mc570S is fast and the carbon fiber tub + vertical doors make it feel pretty special and exotic. It’s significantly faster around a track than the Carrera but it falls short compared to the 911 GT3 or the Turbo.

I’m not a fan of the California.

Between the cars you specifically mentioned, I’d take the 570S. It’s the true mid-engine supercar experience. That cuts both ways, though: Do you like attention? Because you’re going to get a lot of it in the McLaren. You’ll get -lot- of pointing fingers and questions from strangers, including overly personal ones like “how do you make money”, “how much does the car cost”, etc. People can also get oddly judgmental about it, too. Every fucking kid in a BMW is going to want to throw down with you, too.

On the other hand, you’ll be pretty much flying under the radar in a Carrera. Depending on your tolerance for attention it could absolutely be worth the trade off.

Regardless, you should test drive as many of these cars as you can to see what suits you best.

Edit: I saw your follow up post about the GT4. Those are really good machines.
Unframed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 October 2020, 11:59 AM   #113
Fabrice M
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: This and that...
it depends what you want to do with it. I have driven each of them in the Colorado mountains. For "pure driving" I would go for the McLaren, however it is a very demanding car and I would not recommended as a daily. Ferrari is nice but a totally different vibe than the Mclaren, more relax for sure. Porsche are great, but it depends what seats you get. Personally if it was me I would go with Porsche (I drive a Porsche daily for full disclosure), because they are very reliable and very comfortable for long trips. However for a toy car, I would go for a Porsche Cayman, not the fastest on a straight line, but in twisties they are amazing. It really depends what your are going to do with it.
Fabrice M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 October 2020, 05:31 PM   #114
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabrice M View Post
it depends what you want to do with it. I have driven each of them in the Colorado mountains. For "pure driving" I would go for the McLaren, however it is a very demanding car and I would not recommended as a daily. Ferrari is nice but a totally different vibe than the Mclaren, more relax for sure. Porsche are great, but it depends what seats you get. Personally if it was me I would go with Porsche (I drive a Porsche daily for full disclosure), because they are very reliable and very comfortable for long trips. However for a toy car, I would go for a Porsche Cayman, not the fastest on a straight line, but in twisties they are amazing. It really depends what your are going to do with it.
Since you mention seats what do you recommend- buckets or 18 way memory seats ? I’m talking about comfort and maybe about looks not going to take to the track. Strangely I have heard many like the buckets
Old 19 October 2020, 05:32 PM   #115
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabrice M View Post
Thanks, yes got to test drive the 570s didn’t have a chance yet... but leaning towards Gt4 / spyder
Old 19 October 2020, 05:46 PM   #116
efthi
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610LV
911 and you get all in one package.. I drive a Porsche for the last 18 months and I think I it’s the best engineering all around, the 911 is a legend and I love the 992.. good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
efthi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 October 2020, 08:27 AM   #117
Unframed
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Since you mention seats what do you recommend- buckets or 18 way memory seats ? I’m talking about comfort and maybe about looks not going to take to the track. Strangely I have heard many like the buckets
Buckets are comfortable and help resale a lot
Unframed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 October 2020, 08:37 AM   #118
blassy
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610 LN, 16800
This and call it a day.
Find a nice CPO purple people eater and let the good times roll.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 621C388E-0052-44C6-B423-0871198B8151.jpeg (113.7 KB, 105 views)
blassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2020, 04:17 AM   #119
DudePerfect
Banned

Watch: amacallit!
Quote:
Full buckets are the unadjustable racing seats & the 18 way power are the comfort seats.
DudePerfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2020, 04:18 AM   #120
efthi
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by DudePerfect View Post
Full buckets are the unadjustable racing seats & the 18 way power are the comfort seats.
I think you wanted to quote the next post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
efthi is offline   Reply With Quote