The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Panerai Discussion Forum

Old 6 September 2018, 11:46 AM   #31
eonflux
"TRF" Member

The dial is really cool. Love the deep blue.

Not sure about the waves on the back.
eonflux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2018, 12:16 PM   #32
nick c
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by eonflux View Post
The dial is really cool. Love the deep blue.

Not sure about the waves on the back.
I think the wave is cool 😎
nick c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2018, 07:25 PM   #33
vivicorsi
Banned

i actually like the waves and the concept of the dial. however i want to see the execution of the dial first before i buy, and the size.

yes according to my source they are limited to the above mentioned numbers, if they could make them again another time i don't know and havent asked him, actually i wouldnt mind, if i dig the blue dial.

blue is my favorite color by far. i just hope it doesnt look like a two tone, but a real subtle gradient blue. i do think the 932 will be the hotseller, and probably will fly off the shelves like the 690. for me of the 4 it is the only interesting one.
vivicorsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2018, 07:58 PM   #34
erik asher
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivicorsi View Post
i actually like the waves and the concept of the dial. however i want to see the execution of the dial first before i buy, and the size.

yes according to my source they are limited to the above mentioned numbers, if they could make them again another time i don't know and havent asked him, actually i wouldnt mind, if i dig the blue dial.

blue is my favorite color by far. i just hope it doesnt look like a two tone, but a real subtle gradient blue. i do think the 932 will be the hotseller, and probably will fly off the shelves like the 690. for me of the 4 it is the only interesting one.
I am not asking about whether the piece can be produced in later series. I know it can be made another time; it’s not a SE. The point of Boutique Only editions is to give exclusivity to the boutiques, not necessarily limit production to one specific series. While there have been no reinsurance’s of boutique only pieces to my knowledge, it is certainly possible for OP to do so without going against their rule regarding SE pieces.
erik asher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2018, 08:05 PM   #35
vivicorsi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by erik asher View Post
I am not asking about whether the piece can be produced in later series. I know it can be made another time; it’s not a SE. The point of Boutique Only editions is to give exclusivity to the boutiques, not necessarily limit production to one specific series. While there have been no reinsurance’s of boutique only pieces to my knowledge, it is certainly possible for OP to do so without going against their rule regarding SE pieces.
ok, so if i understand it corretly ,it has never been done so far but they could restock them next year.

so chances are high there will only be 388 pam00932. if so and i like the dial, i would not take any chances and wouldnt want to miss my chance like for the 690.
Old 6 September 2018, 08:12 PM   #36
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
I like it, but own a 690. I would need to see it in person before I could make a better judgement.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180808_170855 (002).jpg (170.4 KB, 137 views)
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2018, 08:14 PM   #37
erik asher
"TRF" Member

Quote:
ok, so if i understand it corretly ,it has never been done so far but they could restock them next year.

so chances are high there will only be 388 pam00932. if so and i like the dial, i would not take any chances and wouldnt want to miss my chance like for the 690.
Your understanding is correct. With regarding to the quantities, it doesn’t mean that there WILL be 388 PAM 932. It means that this is the ceiling for the amount that can be produced in the U series. They may only produce 301 of these PAMs for all that we know— or maybe they will produce the full amount of 388. It’s like stock authorized v issued & outstanding...lol

As far as a likelihood of reissuance, I have no insight into the likelihood that OP will reissue the 690 or the 932. I can only tell you that it is a possibility because neither are SEs. They both sit in the regular “limited production run” collection.

My advice would be as follows: buy either watch with the expectation that it could be produced in a later series so you won’t be shocked and devastated if it actually happens. Disappointed, yes of course. But you have been put on notice so buy with that caveat. Personally, this fact wouldn’t stop me from buying either of these PAMs.
Old 6 September 2018, 08:21 PM   #38
erik asher
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1William View Post
I like it, but own a 690. I would need to see it in person before I could make a better judgement.
IMHO, it would be hard to rationalize owning both a 690 and 932 if if there are slight differences in the dial. It’s a kinda similar analysis between the 720/721, or 249/448. I would own one or the other, but not both.

Of course, as you correctly point out, if the dial is sooo different from the 690 dial, then it might change the equation.

But in the pictures that I have seen, the dial colour is similar enough (although I am glad OP distinguished this dial from the other blue dials).

Of course, there are some Ristis who will buy any nuance, and I appreciate that as it’s a matter of gradation. My wife thinks I am crazy for having two watches with a crown guard, so who is to judge if you buy two watches with just a different dial writing layout and slightly different hands!
Old 6 September 2018, 08:22 PM   #39
vivicorsi
Banned

Quote:
Your understanding is correct. With regarding to the quantities, it doesn’t mean that there WILL be 388 PAM 932. It means that this is the ceiling for the amount that can be produced in the U series. They may only produce 301 of these PAMs for all that we know— or maybe they will produce the full amount of 388. It’s like stock authorized v issued & outstanding...lol

As far as a likelihood of reissuance, I have no insight into the likelihood that OP will reissue the 690 or the 932. I can only tell you that it is a possibility because neither are SEs. They both sit in the regular “limited production run” collection.

My advice would be as follows: buy either watch with the expectation that it could be produced in a later series so you won’t be shocked and devastated if it actually happens. Disappointed, yes of course. But you have been put on notice so buy with that caveat. Personally, this fact wouldn’t stop me from buying either of these PAMs.
yes it wouldnt bother me for the 932, if i like the blue i couldnt imagin selling it anyway.i do like to rock and stock tough, and enjoy both parts of my hobby. sometimes i buy watches knowing there is a chance i wont keep it forever. but blue dials are just my thing. very curious to see it in person.
Old 6 September 2018, 08:25 PM   #40
vivicorsi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1William View Post
the 690 is just such a great watch, my holy grail would be the 689 for its luminor case and apparently domed? saphire, i think i read this somewhere, but so far i had no chance to get one for a reasonable price.
Old 6 September 2018, 09:29 PM   #41
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick c View Post
I hear the blue is much darker, then the 690.
We need to plan a journey to Firenze
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2018, 09:32 PM   #42
vivicorsi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
We need to plan a journey to Firenze
:) good plan, i am really also very fond of the firenze luminor anthracit edition the pam605...604 too, but thats just out of my price range in the moment.
Old 7 September 2018, 12:50 AM   #43
erik asher
"TRF" Member

Quote:
the 690 is just such a great watch, my holy grail would be the 689 for its luminor case and apparently domed? saphire, i think i read this somewhere, but so far i had no chance to get one for a reasonable price.
Unfortunately the 689 DOES NOT have a domed sapphire. It’s exactly the same case and crystal as the 533. And you can’t argue with me on this—I wore one on my wrist for 18 months!

It’s a beautiful PAM...one of my favourites that I have ever owned...
Old 7 September 2018, 01:07 AM   #44
vivicorsi
Banned

Quote:
Unfortunately the 689 DOES NOT have a domed sapphire. It’s exactly the same case and crystal as the 533. And you can’t argue with me on this—I wore one on my wrist for 18 months!

It’s a beautiful PAM...one of my favourites that I have ever owned...
That’s why I put the ? behind domed.by the way I read this here

https://www.horobox.com/en/news-deta...matic-pam00689

They even say it is highly domed! But I was doubtful that the 44mm case would have a highly domed crystal.
Old 7 September 2018, 01:12 AM   #45
Cru Jones

Quote:
That’s why I put the ? behind domed.by the way I read this here

https://www.horobox.com/en/news-deta...matic-pam00689

They even say it is highly domed! But I was doubtful that the 44mm case would have a highly domed crystal.

Their own photo shows it to not be "highly domed"...I think the writer just made a mistake.

Cru Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2018, 01:14 AM   #46
vivicorsi
Banned

Yes and it would be strange for the 44mm case to have a highly domed crystal I hope the 932 has it. According to my source it should be so.
Old 7 September 2018, 01:17 AM   #47
vivicorsi
Banned

So who is going to get one and if so which of the 4?

And to the 690 owners ...does it have a screw down crown? As it is hand wound, that wouldn’t be very good for the crown I guess ,if you would have to unscrew it every third day?
Old 7 September 2018, 05:17 AM   #48
fullcourt
"TRF" Member

Watch: panerai
Quote:
while i am on the 'list' for one i'm probably going to pass. i think right now my collection is just where i want it to be.

chgo_risti on IG
fullcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2018, 05:19 AM   #49
Cru Jones

Quote:
Yes and it would be strange for the 44mm case to have a highly domed crystal I hope the 932 has it. According to my source it should be so.
Strange but for the 233, of course.
Cru Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2018, 06:02 AM   #50
chemistman
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR, Exp II, SubC
Quote:

And to the 690 owners ...does it have a screw down crown? As it is hand wound, that wouldn’t be very good for the crown I guess ,if you would have to unscrew it every third day?
Been wearing mine almost daily for the last year. Yes 690 does have a screw down crown. So far it has been fine. A lot of hand wound rads also has screw down crowns and there seems to be very little issues.
chemistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2018, 06:19 AM   #51
vivicorsi
Banned

Stunning watch and photo!
Old 7 September 2018, 12:53 PM   #52
erik asher
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Have you ever seen a 270, 233, 317, 288, and the list goes on...
Old 7 September 2018, 12:55 PM   #53
erik asher
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Of course it has a screw down crown
Old 7 September 2018, 01:11 PM   #54
erik asher
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullcourt View Post
while i am on the 'list' for one i'm probably going to pass. i think right now my collection is just where i want it to be.
I was given the opportunity to have my pick of the five, but I am fortunate enough to already have a 47mm Blue dial...if this watch was only offered in a 1936 Radiomir case, I would definitely have to reconsider...maybe next year!
Old 7 September 2018, 05:48 PM   #55
Palenkovich
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I was given the opportunity to have my pick of the five, but I am fortunate enough to already have a 47mm Blue dial...if this watch was only offered in a 1936 Radiomir case, I would definitely have to reconsider...maybe next year!

In your case Erik I understand why you will pass on the 932, considering the wonderful pieces you already have in your stable including the gorgeous Mr Blue..

I just had the privilege of being in the exact situation, being able to choose from the five Mediterraneo editions. I immediately jumped on the 932.

In my case it was an absolute no brainer, but then again I have consolidated my small collection to only two PAMs, the 671 and 911. Hence, I most certainly "have room" for the 932. In my book, it´s up there with some of the absolutely best, so I´m more than thrilled to have secured one :-)
Palenkovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2018, 05:56 PM   #56
vivicorsi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palenkovich View Post
In your case Erik I understand why you will pass on the 932, considering the wonderful pieces you already have in your stable including the gorgeous Mr Blue..

I just had the privilege of being in the exact situation, being able to choose from the five Mediterraneo editions. I immediately jumped on the 932.

In my case it was an absolute no brainer, but then again I have consolidated my small collection to only two PAMs, the 671 and 911. Hence, I most certainly "have room" for the 932. In my book, it´s up there with some of the absolutely best, so I´m more than thrilled to have secured one :-)
yes me too, but i want to see it in person first.

did you notice the hands on the 932...on the other thread they posted the official photos. looks like rosegold hands on the first photos and yg on the last ones for the 932....
Old 7 September 2018, 07:12 PM   #57
Palenkovich
"TRF" Member

Quote:
yes me too, but i want to see it in person first.

did you notice the hands on the 932...on the other thread they posted the official photos. looks like rosegold hands on the first photos and yg on the last ones for the 932....
Yup, there have been some discrepancies between different pictures of the 932. My biggest concern was the first set of pictures (and information) that was sent to the boutiques. Both the pictures and information stated that the hands would be steel.

I have now however received confirmation that the press release pictures are correct (I know it would be very strange otherwise, but I was still not sure). Whether they will be rose or yellow gold doesn´t really matter that much to me :-)
Palenkovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2018, 08:17 PM   #58
erik asher
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palenkovich View Post

Wow you will (and already do) have quite some collection. I think the 932 is a perfect compliment to the 671 and 911. I agree that it’s a no brainer sight unseen as we know that Panerai makes beautiful dials.

Looking forward to seeing the wrist shots and congrats!
Old 7 September 2018, 09:19 PM   #59
azcii
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I think the PAM605 was made for two years. 99 in 2014 and 99 in 2015, or something like that. I remember the 605-owners being disappointed when they released 99 more the following year.

But that is the only BE I remember being re-issued. And this particular model was exclusive to the Firenze Boutique.
azcii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2018, 09:23 PM   #60
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by azcii View Post
I think the PAM605 was made for two years. 99 in 2014 and 99 in 2015, or something like that. I remember the 605-owners being disappointed when they released 99 more the following year.

But that is the only BE I remember being re-issued. And this particular model was exclusive to the Firenze Boutique.
That’s correct
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote