The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 27 December 2023, 02:25 PM   #1
ThatOtherGuy7
"TRF" Member

Watch box recommendations

Looked up some old threads and couldn’t find a solid answer. I’m looking for a simple but nice display box to store my watches; preferably a 6-watch box to leave room for future acquisitions (I don’t want more than 6 at the moment). I bought a returned a Case Elegance box from Amazon because the pillows were too big and not adjustable for my 7” wrist. Open to recommendations under $100.

Thank you in advance!
ThatOtherGuy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 December 2023, 03:08 PM   #2
Rolex.Swiss.Watches
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Sports Steel
I would look at a Bosphorus Watch Case. They are a little pricey (more than $100) but you pay for what you get in an all leather handmade watch case. They are in my opinion a great option!
Rolex.Swiss.Watches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 December 2023, 03:46 PM   #3
ThatOtherGuy7
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolex.Swiss.Watches View Post
I would look at a Bosphorus Watch Case. They are a little pricey (more than $100) but you pay for what you get in an all leather handmade watch case. They are in my opinion a great option!
They are not display boxes though. Not sure if I care to spend $800 on a briefcase of sort. Eyeing the one below. Looks nice and affordable. Not sure if storing watches on their side would affect anything.

Elevate Your Watch Collection with The Curator Pro – Premium Watch Display Case for 5 Watches – Easy Access, Large Drawer & Leather Lining – Wooden Mens Watch Box & Watch Case – Lifetime Assurance https://a.co/d/1r3BKSL
Old 27 December 2023, 11:12 PM   #4
INC
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 17000B, B+W
It seems to me a strange need to choose a cheap watch box for premium watches.
INC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 December 2023, 11:19 PM   #5
Porschen
"TRF" Member

I’ve purchased a few watch display boxes in the sub $100 range and was never satisfied with the quality.

Rolexes don’t care what kind of box they’re in, but I care about the quality for my own enjoyment. You may or may not.

Some questions / considerations
- why do you want the display style?
- a display storage case puts your watch collection in a convenient place for anyone in your home; this may not be ideal
- I don’t dust as often as I should and items with a window built into the lid capture dust in the recessions and can be a pain to clean
-if you end up wanting something that slips into a safe, a watch roll or two may be a better solution

I tend to overthink things. After trying different watch boxes, I did end up going with a few Bosphorus watch rolls.

Best of luck.
Porschen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 December 2023, 11:57 PM   #6
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOtherGuy7 View Post
Looked up some old threads and couldn’t find a solid answer. I’m looking for a simple but nice display box to store my watches; preferably a 6-watch box to leave room for future acquisitions (I don’t want more than 6 at the moment). I bought a returned a Case Elegance box from Amazon because the pillows were too big and not adjustable for my 7” wrist. Open to recommendations under $100.

Thank you in advance!
My watch storage box nothing special just a old Rolex box.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 December 2023, 12:45 AM   #7
TikTok
"TRF" Member

Removed
Old 28 December 2023, 02:25 AM   #8
ThatOtherGuy7
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschen View Post
I’ve purchased a few watch display boxes in the sub $100 range and was never satisfied with the quality.

Rolexes don’t care what kind of box they’re in, but I care about the quality for my own enjoyment. You may or may not.

Some questions / considerations
- why do you want the display style?
- a display storage case puts your watch collection in a convenient place for anyone in your home; this may not be ideal
- I don’t dust as often as I should and items with a window built into the lid capture dust in the recessions and can be a pain to clean
-if you end up wanting something that slips into a safe, a watch roll or two may be a better solution

I tend to overthink things. After trying different watch boxes, I did end up going with a few Bosphorus watch rolls.

Best of luck.
I originally was going to buy a watch roll but a friend and forum member said that they’re bulky and hard to access the watches. Hence looked at cases to store them in one place. He suggested the Bosphorous as that’s what he has but it’s more than what I want to spend. I don’t really see the point in spending that much. Maybe a Wolf box is more than enough at $400 or so.
Old 28 December 2023, 03:17 AM   #9
Krash
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sub, DJ41, GMT
Watch box recommendations

I bought this and like it a lot. I purposely capped it at 5. I wanted to make it less convenient to buy anymore watches than that. LOL! Not sure that’s going to work or not.

It’s a Wolf. Check out their website…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Krash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28 December 2023, 03:35 AM   #10
ThatOtherGuy7
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krash View Post
I bought this and like it a lot. I purposely capped it at 5. I wanted to make it less convenient to buy anymore watches than that. LOL! Not sure that’s going to work or not.

It’s a Wolf. Check out their website…

Is that the Savoy? I’m eyeing the same one. The flaw is that watches sink to the bottom. You need foam pieces to raise the watches up. Do the pillows fit 7” wrists? I’m actually good with the 5-piece collection as well.
Old 28 December 2023, 03:40 AM   #11
Krash
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Is that the Savoy? I’m eyeing the same one. The flaw is that watches sink to the bottom. You need foam pieces to raise the watches up. Do the pillows fit 7” wrists? I’m actually good with the 5-piece collection as well.
I'm not sure the name of it to be honest. But it's fine for me. I don't see any such problems. I have 7.5" wrists. The watches fit great. I am looking at it now. If the watches were adjusted much smaller, they would still fit fine.
Old 28 December 2023, 03:41 AM   #12
ThatOtherGuy7
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krash View Post
It's fine. I don't see any such problems. I have 7.5" wrists. The watches fit great. I am looking at it now. If the watches were adjusted much smaller, they would still fit fine.
Sounds good. It seems that retailers sell Wolf products for more than what’s listed on their site. Dis you buy direct?
Old 28 December 2023, 03:47 AM   #13
Krash
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Sounds good. It seems that retailers sell Wolf products for more than what’s listed on their site. Dis you buy direct?
Yes, I bought it directly from their website. I knew the BLNR was on the way, so I wanted to upgrade from what I had. At the same time, I thought the price was reasonable. I wasn't sure I wanted to go hog wild with a watch case. I think I paid $250 maybe. But I am not totally sure. It could have been more or less than that, but it was in the two hundreds (at least I am pretty sure it was).
Old 28 December 2023, 04:01 AM   #14
Krash
2024 Pledge Member

I just went to their website and I don’t it anymore . Maybe it was sold out????

Old 28 December 2023, 04:15 AM   #15
ThatOtherGuy7
"TRF" Member

I read some reviews saying that their quality has gone down a lot over the last couple of years. So I don’t think I’m gonna buy the same brand. Would likely end up with the one from Amazon that I shared above.
Old 28 December 2023, 04:46 AM   #16
INC
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I read some reviews saying that their quality has gone down a lot over the last couple of years. So I don’t think I’m gonna buy the same brand. Would likely end up with the one from Amazon that I shared above.
In my opinion you better listen to the ones, who owns a Wolf and not just writes about Wolf.
Old 28 December 2023, 04:52 AM   #17
INC
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
My watch storage box nothing special just a old Rolex box.
Nothing special?

Well, I think this is THE real Rolex box. For example, I would be very happy if I could have such a "nothing special" box...
Old 28 December 2023, 10:16 AM   #18
sambb
"TRF" Member

deleted
sambb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 December 2023, 02:30 PM   #19
ThatOtherGuy7
"TRF" Member

Thanks all! Went for a Wolf Windsor below from Nordstrom.

https://www.nordstrom.com/s/wolf-win...ults&color=001
Old 28 December 2023, 07:05 PM   #20
INC
2024 Pledge Member

Excellent choice, congratulations!
Old 29 December 2023, 12:55 AM   #21
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
Display watch boxes with lots of watches are nice, but also convenient to thieves. Why put burglars to the effort of having to look all over your home for your watch collection, when you can package them all up in one convenient package for them.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2023, 02:07 AM   #22
Krash
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calatrava r View Post
Display watch boxes with lots of watches are nice, but also convenient to thieves. Why put burglars to the effort of having to look all over your home for your watch collection, when you can package them all up in one convenient package for them.
Why drive on a highway, then? You're more likely to get in a serious accident than having your house robbed.
Old 29 December 2023, 04:03 AM   #23
dlddrrr
"TRF" Member

Watch: LV, DD, BLNR, ND
I saw you already bought one but I recommend Scatola del tempo and Buben & Zorweg. I have the 4-watch box from Scatola and the 10-watch box Vantage Carbon from B&Z and they’re both fantastic.
dlddrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 December 2023, 09:23 AM   #24
Patekfinder
Banned

I cannot possibly recommend enough bosphorous leather. They are made in turkey and their briefcases for watches are of the most incredible quality. I have a Soffiano green leather watch case that holds 10 watches, as well as another matching briefcase that holds 30 watches and then I travel South Llano green leather case also matching, that holds three watches. They are really great company and their prices are also shockingly low. Would highly recommend them and take a look for sure

Patekfinder is offline   Reply With Quote